Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small thing but (playing on android) the option to take the second new ball comes up ahead of the notification of a wicket falling and also a bowler completing their quota in limited overs matches. It would make sense if the fall of wicket notification came up before all others because it can have a big impact on your next decision.

Also, playing in the mid-late 2020's, I notice that the AI has a huge bias towards playing allrounders over bowlers in limited overs but will pretty much never play an allrounder in a test match. Case in point the South Africa team (who I just played a series against) had allrounders down to #11 in both the ODI's and T20s. Yet in the test matches they had Lungi Ngidi batting at #8.

South Africa and Pakistan both produce an absolute plethora of top quality allrounders while poor old Australia produce next to none and often have a bowler at #7 in ODIs. I think this may be down to domestic player pool size?

The variability in the types of allrounders coming through has improved a lot too meaning some are very strong batsman and weaker bowlers and vice versa. Still have not yet managed to convert a bowler into one though, despite having Rashid Khan's batting technique improve about six times!

The AI seems to mostly use spinners at the death in limited overs matches.

On my last tour to England all the pitches had "average" wear and on my recent tour to Bangladesh all the pitches had "very good" wear. Also at the world cup in West Indies all of the pitches were "very good wear". None of the pitch conditions on any of the tours seem to vary much at all, although the weather does.
    Last edited by bryce87; 08-15-2018, 03:40 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

While watching a "Run out appeal - not out", I was rather surprised to see the square leg umpire raise his finger anyway. Not that it mattered, it just seemed rather odd. Anybody else had this?

Comment

Internet game is nigh on impossible on Android.
        Any notification coming in seems to disconnect you and also receive a large amount of errors.
        My record so far is 4 matches completed, 4 disconnects and 4 errors.
        So based on my small sample size each time I start a match I have a 33% chance of completing the game.
        And yes I am using reliable internet connections :)
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

Is there something wrong with World Cup qualification?

Afghanistan just won the World Cup in my save despite being the 11th ranked team in ODIs.

Zimbabwe, who were ranked 10th, didn't complete for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by steelback View Post
            While watching a "Run out appeal - not out", I was rather surprised to see the square leg umpire raise his finger anyway. Not that it mattered, it just seemed rather odd. Anybody else had this?
            Yep, see my post directly before yours!

Comment

For animation weirdness like that, we really need to be able to play the highlight ourselves, could spend many hours watching highlights and never see or repeat it steelback . Jobi1K

If you get this happen again, can you save the game so that ball with the issue is still on the last over and thus we can watch the highlight. Then go to your saves folder here:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2018\Saves

Find the relevant .cap save, copy it to somewhere on your machine, rename it to something like, "4th ball, umpire gives out, but not out" and then let me know and I can show you how to send us the saves.

We'll fix animation weirdness like this we can repeat, but we could spend 100 hours on this and not repeat it ourselves. GrahamB Often does this for us and it helps us massively.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                Internet game is nigh on impossible on Android.
                Any notification coming in seems to disconnect you and also receive a large amount of errors.
                My record so far is 4 matches completed, 4 disconnects and 4 errors.
                So based on my small sample size each time I start a match I have a 33% chance of completing the game.
                And yes I am using reliable internet connections :)
                We've been doing some big work to improve online stability, but we're always keen to improve it. What notification(s) are you getting this issue with?

Switching between Wifi and 4G will cause disconnects when playing online.

Comment

Latest update seems to freeze or crash my game very frequently in addition to slowing it down. Verifying game integrity in steam didn't help and the freeze happens at random whenever the toss is over. The "Initializing match" screen pops up and the game freezes until I have to end the process. I have almost given up on the game because it happens after every other match.

Comment

Turning off targeted ads in options fixed the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've been doing some big work to improve online stability, but we're always keen to improve it. What notification(s) are you getting this issue with?

Switching between Wifi and 4G will cause disconnects when playing online.
                      Yes i've found that when you exit out of CC and switch to another app, then switch back to CC, it seems to cause instability with the online game.

After doing this when you go to play an online game, once start match is clicked, you are sent back to the "select online team" screen but are unable to actually select anything. You are also penalized for a disconnection.
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	329.2 KB
ID:	64845 As has been mentioned before the AI seems to love gifting you wins from unassailable positions in the fourth innings.
                        I am actually at the stage where I will bowl full aggression and use poor bowlers in the third innings so the AI can score fast and give me an easier target.
                        In this example the AI gave me a cool 65 overs to complete the chase of 285!

YouTube
                        Facebook

Comment

• While playing Indian and Pakistani leagues, I noticed that early in the season some of your players will be taken to play in T20 leagues and are unavailable for selection but you receive no notification about this or what competition they are playing in
                          Last edited by bryce87; 09-03-2018, 10:46 PM.
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                            While playing Indian and Pakistani leagues, I noticed that early in the season some of your players will be taken to play in T20 leagues and are unavailable for selection but you receive no notification about this or what competition they are playing in
                            What teams are you playing as?

Comment

• Originally posted by gshriram18@gmail.com View Post
                              Latest update seems to freeze or crash my game very frequently in addition to slowing it down. Verifying game integrity in steam didn't help and the freeze happens at random whenever the toss is over. The "Initializing match" screen pops up and the game freezes until I have to end the process. I have almost given up on the game because it happens after every other match.
                              What anti-virus and firewall software do you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post

Yes i've found that when you exit out of CC and switch to another app, then switch back to CC, it seems to cause instability with the online game.

After doing this when you go to play an online game, once start match is clicked, you are sent back to the "select online team" screen but are unable to actually select anything. You are also penalized for a disconnection.
                                1) This on Android?

2) What apps are you switching to?

3) Is this during lobby or match?

Comment

Working...
                                X