X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run out of last ball attempting second run when game was already won
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	383.6 KB ID:	64983
    Last edited by bryce87; 09-27-2018, 01:46 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

• Oof, that doesn't look good. I've asked Chris to look in to this.

Comment

• I don't know if it is considered a bug, but in all editions I have ever played of this game the AI bowls two strike bowlers for incredibly long spells while the third seamer only bowls a few overs per game. This seems to be most prevalent in custom series particularly those that I have selected the opposition's side.

On a side note: I know you don't plan on making a 2 player game mode again, but I must say that for someone like me who loves making simulations it was ideal. The all time greats will never be as good as when I was able to control both sides and make it interesting and relatively realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardboardBox View Post
          I don't know if it is considered a bug, but in all editions I have ever played of this game the AI bowls two strike bowlers for incredibly long spells while the third seamer only bowls a few overs per game. This seems to be most prevalent in custom series particularly those that I have selected the opposition's side.
          Yes there a few things around bowling selection/rotation that need to be ironed out. Others to add:

- The AI rarely ever picks five bowlers for FC matches when IRL it is rare for teams to go in with just four. When the AI does pick five the fifth bowler only gets a couple of part-time overs no matter how well they might bowl.

- When the wicket is "very good" AI will pick four quicks and no spinner. No matter how good a spinner is the AI will drop them on these wickets.

- When the wicket is "average" AI will pick two spinners (if they have them in the squad). However only one spinner will bowl most of the overs, while the lesser rated spinner will only bowl about a third as much as their higher rated spinning counterpart

- In OD/T20 AI will rarely not pick five bowlers to all bowl out their quota. This contrasts with IRL where limited overs sides always have at least six bowling options. This means the AI will bowl out bowlers having a bad day, leaving the batsmen to dine out on them. Take the screenshot below for example. I am 194/0 after 31 overs and they bowled their opening bowler out for 88 runs! About time that the "I" was put back in AI!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181002-174014.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	64998
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bryce87; 10-02-2018, 05:55 AM.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

• The PSL has the same problem as the IPL namely the lack of dynamic budgets. In 2029 there is only one overseas player in the whole competition and all the best local players go unsold because no one can afford them at the same time as having to finance a minimum squad size of 18.

You claimed that the budgets were dynamic but from what I see every team just gets $1m a year, year in year out? This while regen players have inflated salaries.
            There is not even any prize money gifted to the winning team from what I can tell.

Couple this with the fact that you have to forfeit Pakistani contracted players when the international season clashes, and the crappy overseas pool, the PSL is even more unplayable than the IPL. Still in both I can only scrap by with a squad of 12 before the budget is blown!

Also, about the players who mysteriously disappear for a month and a half to play three T20 games. I have realized that I do not see the notification to play in Ban T20 league come up anymore, so this must be it just without the notification. In my 2029 Lahore game one of my players was unavailable for the whole one day campaign (Jan 8-Feb 28) yet on his form guide you can see he only played three games during this whole period, all with no notifications.
            Last edited by bryce87; 10-02-2018, 11:51 AM.
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

• Sorry I originally started a new topic before realising I should post here. There is a problem with player records when a player retires hurt. For example playing as Eng vs RSA Needed 162 to win.. Opener retired hurt on 40. Number 2&3 batsman give me a new user record partnership of 162. It should have reset when the player was forced to retire.

Comment

• The issue of the last over not registering in the overs tally if you bowl out the opposition with the last ball of the over is still happening. I just bowled out the opposition in an IPL match with the last ball of the 19th over, but the scorecard stated my team had bowled 18 overs and Rashid Khan having bowled only 3 overs (he had bowled 4). Weirdly though, Khan's economy rate was showing correctly (i.e. runs conceded divided by 4), even though he had '3' in the overs column. If you look on the over-by-over screen it also has the little bar for the 19th over, so it does seem it is just the overs bowled column on the scorecard that is wrong. Hopefully that means it doesn't affect NRR and bowlers' economy stats, but it does still look strange.

Comment

• At the end of asession and the 'interval' sign pops up if you press the escape button twice to get rid of it then the game just shuts down. Not a save and exit, it just closes the game. This is different from all the other version of the game i've played. Could you have a look at it, please.
                  Last edited by wentworth; 10-29-2018, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• I needed 19 off the last over to win. Hit four hours then needed three off the last ball to win. My batsman is run out coming back for the second but I am still awarded a tie when I should have lost by 1 run.

Just realized that you cannot prove from these screenshots whether he was coming back for a third or not. Well he definitely wasnt't.
                    Last edited by bryce87; 11-24-2018, 03:05 AM.
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

• In the NZ domestic comp I needed 9 runs to win off 6 overs with 4 wickets left on the final day when play was suspended for bad light :mad: Some sort of arbitrary rule should be in place to prevent this from happening.
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                        In the NZ domestic comp I needed 9 runs to win off 6 overs with 4 wickets left on the final day when play was suspended for bad light :mad: Some sort of arbitrary rule should be in place to prevent this from happening.
                        If the light was bad enough in real life, the umpires would take them off too. Match situation doesn't really come in to it, and I don't think it should in the game either. Even if that is rather tough on you!

Just got to keep an eye on that light.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

If the light was bad enough in real life, the umpires would take them off too. Match situation doesn't really come in to it, and I don't think it should in the game either. Even if that is rather tough on you!

Just got to keep an eye on that light.
                          Yes sorry after doing some research you are dead right!

I reinstalled CC18 and now my Dropbox is not syncing. The files are updating fine on the DropBox app but when I try to sync through CC it stalls on the screen "syncing files from cloud, press cancel to stop"
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post

Yes sorry after doing some research you are dead right!

I reinstalled CC18 and now my Dropbox is not syncing. The files are updating fine on the DropBox app but when I try to sync through CC it stalls on the screen "syncing files from cloud, press cancel to stop"
                            I have this issue as well. Any fix to this?

Comment

• Very odd issue with Dropbox, but it has been fixed. An update was released for Steam on Tuesday. Still the same version number (18.07).

Android is going to take a while to get an update out, iOS/Mac should be early next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                                Very odd issue with Dropbox, but it has been fixed. An update was released for Steam on Tuesday. Still the same version number (18.07).

Android is going to take a while to get an update out, iOS/Mac should be early next week.
                                Hi Sureshot, thanks for the update on this. Good to hear a fix for Mac is coming soon as i'm having a similar problem. I'm running it with dropbox disabled and it's working good, but when dropbox syncing comes back with the new update will it sync my local save to the cloud or replace my local save with the version that's on the cloud, if you get what I mean? Only reason i'm asking is it on weekends I tend to get a good 1-2 seasons in so with the update coming early next week, I don't want to lose all that progression by it being replaced with my old save on the cloud.

Also, as a side note, I can't quit the app if dropbox is enabled as it just freezes, meaning I have to restart my computer. I assume this will be picked up in the update and is just a by-product of the dropbox issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X