Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sussex, Phil Salt has opened in the championship this season with Wells and Finch bats at No.4
    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

• There are a significant number of west Indies players such as Darren Sammy, Dwayne bravo, lendl Simmons etc who are listed as retired from ODI cricket but have never retired just haven't been selected.

Comment

• Also dinesh Karthik does not have a strong leg side preference and average aggression? This guy smashed 29 off 8 balls a few weeks back and his strike rates over the last 2-3 years certainly should put him in the aggressive category.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndreM View Post
          Apologies if I’ve missed this, but are updates made to the iOS version?
          Yes, iOS will get same updates as Steam and other versions, but is normally a bit later to release.

Comment

• As I think has been mentioned it is Shafiqullah Shafaq (not Shafiqullah Shinwari) and Najibullah Zadran (not Najibullah Zadaran)

Also David Miller took 3/13 in an IPL game against me :eek:
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Yes, iOS will get same updates as Steam and other versions, but is normally a bit later to release.
              Thanks Sureshot.

Are you able to let me know if any of my recommendations were/will be taken on for the next update? I can add a few more if so.

Cheers

Andre

Comment

Yeah Slater has been good this year but averages 31 in 60 odd first class games. One day numbers are outstanding but it’s not reflective.

Same with Parkinson - will be good but a bit too dominant at the moment. He’s in and around the test side in year 1-2 which isn’t realistic.

Renshaw has only recently started scoring quickly so average is more reflective.

Just a note - by the 6th season Root is the only player in an 18 man England one day squad. Too skewed to new players.
                6 years is an awful long way off, quite a few of the current England players will be very late 30s by then.

Could you have predicted this exact England squad in 2012?

Comment

Thanks Sureshot.

Are you able to let me know if any of my recommendations were/will be taken on for the next update? I can add a few more if so.

Cheers

Andre
                  Yes, I've taken in quite a lot of the info, few tweaks here and there. If you look back through this thread you'll see my editing posts and commenting in bold. I'd done this with yours, then the forum logged me out, so it was lost, annoyingly.

Some of the aggression changes weren't taken in to account, likes of Shai Hope as an example isn't average aggression with strike rates of: FC 44 (possibly defensive), but List A is 69 in his career and 20Over is 94 (okay, he's not played much, 20 over.) He's very defensive.

I do take recent results in to account, as it can indicate young players, improving, but I'm not seeing that with Shai Hope.

From what i can remember in your post: Virdi got a big upgrade, Stanlake improved and d'Arcy Short batting decreased a bit. Some of your points were fixed in the database update that was released on iOS around 25th/26th July.

Great to have new members posting in here, the database, in parts, is incredibly tricky to balance, especially when it comes to x team not picking y player (or picking y player who shouldn't be picked).

When it comes to player abilities, ideally, a couple of in-games years to base feedback on, preferrably over a couple of saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdenson97 View Post
                    Another Liam Livingstone post, but he is definitely an all rounder judging from this season. Also he is an off break bowler rather than leg spin.

He's listed as a leggie everywhere. You seen him bowl?
                    Think Livingstone bowls both off spin and leg spin, have seen him bowling offies this season but leg break in the past, so probably could be kept as is.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                      After playing the new database Dom bess is still way too good, he gets picked ahead of Ali and Rashid in ODI’s for England, Ali can’t even make it into the team, i think his batting could do with a slightly higher rating.

Changed in next patch.

Asif Ali for Pakistan dosen’t get picked for his domestic side at all, his batting could do with a slightly higher rating as well.

He doesn't seem to be that good in real life, can score very quickly, but never much?
                      I agree his record isn’t that good but he is a finisher and someone who bats attacking no matter what situation. He will be in the pakistan odi and t20 teams for the near future. I feel he could do with a slight upgrade in his batting ability.

Comment

Yes, I've taken in quite a lot of the info, few tweaks here and there. If you look back through this thread you'll see my editing posts and commenting in bold. I'd done this with yours, then the forum logged me out, so it was lost, annoyingly.

Some of the aggression changes weren't taken in to account, likes of Shai Hope as an example isn't average aggression with strike rates of: FC 44 (possibly defensive), but List A is 69 in his career and 20Over is 94 (okay, he's not played much, 20 over.) He's very defensive.

I do take recent results in to account, as it can indicate young players, improving, but I'm not seeing that with Shai Hope.

From what i can remember in your post: Virdi got a big upgrade, Stanlake improved and d'Arcy Short batting decreased a bit. Some of your points were fixed in the database update that was released on iOS around 25th/26th July.

Great to have new members posting in here, the database, in parts, is incredibly tricky to balance, especially when it comes to x team not picking y player (or picking y player who shouldn't be picked).

When it comes to player abilities, ideally, a couple of in-games years to base feedback on, preferrably over a couple of saves.
                        Great, thank you. I remember doing the first ever database update for the old Australian Cricket Captain game - you’re correct, it is a completely imperfect science and a thankless task!

Appreciate the work you put in, the game is good fun. The thoughts around 6 years for new players etc. are completely valid, more just me thinking aloud!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by MateGaming View Post

Think Livingstone bowls both off spin and leg spin, have seen him bowling offies this season but leg break in the past, so probably could be kept as is.
                          Yeah I have this season. 100% an off spinner. And has an bowling average of 16.00 this season in T20. Probably been Lancs most consistent bowler apart from Parkinson. Also started the season as our main spinner rather than Parkinson as we needed batting depth on early season seamers.
                          Also Lancs have signed Mark Watt today on a One year deal, Scottish left arm spinner

Comment

• Interesting, I think even on the Lancs website he was showing as leggie. Bowls both...if you're saying he's more off-spinner, then we can change.

Comment

Great, thank you. I remember doing the first ever database update for the old Australian Cricket Captain game - you’re correct, it is a completely imperfect science and a thankless task!

Appreciate the work you put in, the game is good fun. The thoughts around 6 years for new players etc. are completely valid, more just me thinking aloud!

Cheers
                              I think we've made some really good steps lately with the database in recent years, Chris' new method of generating player abilities this year has had a positive impact, but, real world abilities do change too, still amazed at how Haseeb Hameed dropped off after debut. We did some good changes a couple of years ago with South African players who play in the 2nd rate domestic system.

AI picks are so fiddly, but it's good to be thinking aloud, absolutely what we encourage in here on the database, with approaching 7000 players now, there will always be things to improve. I'm proud of the feedback we get on this forum, both post release and before release (you may have seen our database feedback forum).

Comment

Interesting, I think even on the Lancs website he was showing as leggie. Bowls both...if you're saying he's more off-spinner, then we can change.
                                Think up to last season he bowled leg spin which is why cricinfo ect hasn't changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X