This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCRES View Post

I think the updated Jacks is slightly more realistic, apart from his 47* against the Windies A his other 3 FC scores in real life have all been under 20. However if he doesn't start scoring runs in the white ball stuff on your game I'd be more concerned as he's a hell of a prospect in that format
    yeah agreed in regards to the F.C. stuff don?t expect too much as only couple seasons in but so far in the one day and t20 matches the scores have been frustratingly low

Comment

I'm into my second season as Surrey. Morne Morkel averaged 53 with the ball in FC, and 60 in one day. After 7 matches this season he has 13 wickets at 45!

However, all my bowlers seem to average pretty high. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded View Post
        I'm into my second season as Surrey. Morne Morkel averaged 53 with the ball in FC, and 60 in one day. After 7 matches this season he has 13 wickets at 45!

However, all my bowlers seem to average pretty high. Am I doing something wrong?
        Ive had the same problem with Morne Morkel.

Comment

Most of these proposed changes relate to aggression. I think this is because in general NZ FC batting strikerates are lower as the pitches can often be tough to bat on.

New Zealand
          F Allen not keeper & #3 batsman Compromise, he's now a part-time keeper. Looks like he kept as a youngster, but not recently. Still early in his career.
          T Astle avg Changed
          M Barry allrounder, avg agg, #6 all formats Changed to avg aggresion and middle order batsman, changed his FC bat pref to #6.
          L Carter avg His SR are definitely more def than avg. Albeit he's still young.
          M Chapman allrounder Part-timer.
          J Clarkson allrounder Part-timer
          M Davidson avg His SR of 42/72 is Very Def, possibly closing in on Def.
          D de Boorder avg Moved up to def.
          A Devcich allrounder He is an all-rounder currently.
          L Ferguson def Changed to V Def based on SR
          J Finnie allrounder Getting a bit closer to all-rounder, but think he's still just a part-timer. 21 though, so this could change soon.
          C Fletcher def Changed, his 20Ovr SR swayed me.
          S Hicks allrounder Part-timer, but changed to def.
          N Kelly allrounder Part-timer.
          M Mclenaghan agg Will leave as def, based on career SR and not enough recent data to change my mind.
          C McConchie allrounder, avg Leaving as def, all-rounder is tricky. He's probably there in 20 over, but not in other formats. Think he'll stay as part-timer for now.
          D Mitchell allrounder, avg Now all-rounder and average (recent results)
          S Murdoch avg Currently is.
          R O'Donnell avg Up to def based on recent results, don't think there's enough data to suggest avg yet.
          S Rance v agg Changed
          R Ravindra avg Changed
          T Seifert agg CHanged, think this is fair based on recent results.
          S Solia allrounder, avg Just about fair on all-rounder, I think. THink his OD/20ovr SR make avg a fair call, changed.
          M Taylor allrounder Don't think he's bowling enough to be considered all-rounder.
          L Woodcock avg Tricky, moved up to def based on last season in FC SR.
          G Worker allrounder, avg, #4 FC Only batted 4 times at #4 in FC in 152 innings. Moved to def, seems to be more part-timer recently.
          W Young avg agg You've listed two aggression types there, looking at his data, I think avg is fair. Changed.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 01:23 PM.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
            Most of these proposed changes relate to aggression. I think this is because in general NZ FC batting strikerates are lower as the pitches can often be tough to bat on.

New Zealand
            F Allen not keeper & #3 batsman
            M Barry allrounder, avg agg, #6 all formats
            M Chapman allrounder
            S Hicks allrounder
            G Worker allrounder, avg, #4 FC
            Finn Allen is definitely a wicket keeper. Worker doesn't really have a batting position but can open in all formats. Barry probably doesn't deserve to be classed as an allrounder yet - he does a bit of everything, and he's not good enough to bat at six. Hicks is the same. Chapman is only beginning to turn into an all-rounder because New Zealand Cricket asked him to improve on his bowling. The aggression ratings you've given to the players listed is debatable.

See notes above.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Some for Australia

J Edwards opener T20+OD Changed
              M Harris agg Changed
              A Nair avg Not a lot of data, so for now will be staying on V Def.
              J Sangha not allrounder Aussie Spinners Fan Page tells me he is.
              A Turner allrounder Changed.
              P Uppal allrounder

Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 01:42 PM.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Prefect View Post
                Finn Allen is definitely a wicket keeper.
                OK sorry just could not find a game where he had kept wicket

Worker doesn't really have a batting position but can open in all formats.
                Fair point but he is definitely an allrounder

Barry probably doesn't deserve to be classed as an allrounder yet
                Every time he plays he bowls no matter the format, usually as 3rd or 4th seamer. Given he is just starting out in pro cricket I would say that is a fair indication that he is there to do some bowling

Not quite every time, looks like he's making a name for himself in List A, again, tough when there's not a huge volume of data to go on.

- he does a bit of everything, and he's not good enough to bat at six.
                Not good enough to bat at six? I was demoting him as he is an opener in game! However upon further research I see that he did open the batting in both innings of an FC match so perhaps opener is his preferred position.

Hicks is the same.
                Actually Hicks batted in the top four this year in all formats. Although he did not bowl much (complete contrast to Barry)

Chapman is only beginning to turn into an all-rounder because New Zealand Cricket asked him to improve on his bowling

Actually no as he bowled much less this year than previous years. The point is, like you said, he is beginning to turn into an allrounder which is why I thought he should be included as one in game.

The aggression ratings you've given to the players listed is debatable.
                So just everything I said is wrong? Did you write the database or something? One thing I do know is that Sean Solia slapping 152 off 127 balls on List A debut for sure ain't very defensive!
                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 01:44 PM.
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

Lol@flagging my post as spam! Sorry for wanting greater accuracy in the game!
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                    Lol@flagging my post as spam! Sorry for wanting greater accuracy in the game!
                    Oh whoops sorry. Didn't realise I'd done that.

Comment

Mustafizur was left out for Bangladesh and for India Lukman Meriwala was picked ahead of Bhuvi and Bumrah

Made adjustments for all.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 01:49 PM.
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Comment

Hi, great game once again, loving it so far!

I just wanted to give some recoomendations for changes in abilities for some Pakistan players.

Increase ability for Asif Ali , been a revelation for the Pakistani side.
                        Increase batting ability for Shadab Khan, averaging less than 20 for me in all formats.
                        Increase ability for Shaheen Shah Afridi, on of the best bowling talents in the world and now a regular in our t20 side but he cant get a game for even his domestic side.
                        Increase ability for Fakhar Zaman, hes good in game but I think he should be better looking at his international averages. Should also be SLA rather than LM.
                        Decrease ability for Ahmed Shehzad, is way too good in the game.
                        Decrease ability for Aamer Yamin, way too good in game for someone who cant get into the first 11 of the worst team in the PSL.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ashhh View Post
                          Actually really enjoying the game so far this year as at county level at least alot of the players feel pretty accurate in my Yorkshire file.

I do have one big issue though and it is the training again... I see this season we have the option to do fielding coaching, and I have gone for a rebuild where at least half of my players are under 21 yet I haven't had a SINGLE message suggesting that any player has improved in any area, be that batting, bowling or fielding despite me being through almost an entire season. The game already has serious feedback issues in these areas as you literally cannot tell if your player is at maximum potential or not, but the training appears to have been toned down now too? I'm just getting no feedback at all, and the feeling I have always had (though this may/may not be intended) is that you either give players training to improve their form, of you give them technique training to improve them long term at the detriment to short term form which tends to happen in real life. This often feels like the case in game anyway, but after playing a ridiculous number of games surely I should be getting at least 1 message that a player has improved by now?

I'm not a fan of having 18 year olds that are instantly international level top players if the training really is this basic. Right now it feels like some players can improve once in most areas and that's it but we never actually know because of the lack of feedback. I'm just operating in blind faith on something that might not even make a difference as far as I'm aware, yet I full well know from the feedback sureshot makes that he can tweak players ability if they aren't accurate in game
                          Have asked Chris to take a look, I've had batting improvement messages. Someone else reported nothing for bowling/fielding.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post

Ive had the same problem with Morne Morkel.
                            Bizarre, no issues with his ability. He's getting older, so he might tail off a bit.

Comment

Oh whoops sorry. Didn't realise I'd done that.
                              Considering it just happened again I do not think that you did, so apologies for the false accusation.
                              YouTube
                              Facebook

Comment

- Also no sign of Chahal and Kuldeep in India limited overs squad. Ashwin and Jadeja are still preferred. KL Rahul was also not seen.

Tweaked.

- Mujeeb and Karim Janat were left out of AFG squad in T20 WC mode.

Improved Janat with the ball. Tweaked both and various other Afg players.

- Thanks for hearing out the points and making the changes. Worker did not bowl so much this year but he took a heap of wickets the two seasons before in limited overs.

Fair point, changed.
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 07-20-2018, 02:12 PM.
                                YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X