This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CardboardBox View Post
    I would just like to ask why Pakistan are so overrated? Not exactly a brilliant test side but are 5 stars and very difficult to play against. Mohammad Abbas should also probably be RFM not RMF. Some bloke called Zafar Gobar was also picked for their test team and he hasn't played many FC matches and doesn't look that good.
    There seems to be some in-built bias towards certain nations - to any who are familiar with the CC series this should come as no surprise. The only surprise here is that this time it is not England!

Players playing in South Africa and Pakistan seem to greatly outperform opponents from other countries who seem to have similar abilities. Case in point with Mohammed Abbas who in the game is twice the bowler of say Trent Boult whereas in real life that is highly debatable.

Personally I do not mind it as it makes the game very challenging especially in international mode with trying to beat the likes of Pakistan and South Africa. In my game in 2029 Pakistan have an ODI ranking of 42 which is absurd!
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

• Hi

Apologies if this is listed somewhere and this isn't quite the correct thread but does anybody know what year the games ends or will it just keep going forever?

I'm just playing England international mode and have reached 2032.

Many thanks

???????www.sillypointcricket.com

Comment

• Jack Edwards needs a big batting upgrade, he needs to be an opener. He's just become the youngest to make a century in Australian one day cricket.

I'm not sure if it's a database issue but a lot of young Australian players never get picked by the state team AI guys like, Max Bryant, Will Sutherland, Cameron Green, Kuhnemann. Also Heazlett should be an opener.

Comment

• Originally posted by adelaidecrowsrdabest View Post
          I'm not sure if it's a database issue but a lot of young Australian players never get picked by the state team AI guys like, Max Bryant, Will Sutherland, Cameron Green, Kuhnemann. Also Heazlett should be an opener.
          It is actually a perennial problem which has existed since the inception of the Cricket Captain series and the developers have never been able to fix it.

Young inexperienced real life players ALWAYS get overtaken in ability by fictional regenerated players. To be fair in this edition it has gotten a tiny bit better but the progress is still minute.

The problem is that the developers default rate the inexperienced real-life players too low, which prevents them from developing quickly and means they get overtaken by regens as immediately as the game commences. Just because 17 year Abhiskek Sharma (for example) has played two first class matches and averages low with the bat and high with the ball in these two matches this does not mean he should be given a terrible starting rating. In fact because he is 17 and playing first class cricket he should actually be given a very high rating which will allow him to stay in the game. At the moment he drops out of every game after 1-2 seasons because no team wants such a poorly rated player.

In fact any player who is even playing professional cricket should be given a good rating. There should be no batsmen averaging less than 40 2nd team or bowlers averaging less than 30 2nd team in the game, period!

Fans would much prefer seeing real life players develop than make believe regens.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
            Fans would much prefer seeing real life players develop than make believe regens.
            Great explanation Bryce, I try to avoid regens because I enjoy using real players. I'd like to see less regens in the game completely during the first few years.

Comment

It is actually a perennial problem which has existed since the inception of the Cricket Captain series and the developers have never been able to fix it.

Young inexperienced real life players ALWAYS get overtaken in ability by fictional regenerated players. To be fair in this edition it has gotten a tiny bit better but the progress is still minute.

The problem is that the developers default rate the inexperienced real-life players too low, which prevents them from developing quickly and means they get overtaken by regens as immediately as the game commences. Just because 17 year Abhiskek Sharma (for example) has played two first class matches and averages low with the bat and high with the ball in these two matches this does not mean he should be given a terrible starting rating. In fact because he is 17 and playing first class cricket he should actually be given a very high rating which will allow him to stay in the game. At the moment he drops out of every game after 1-2 seasons because no team wants such a poorly rated player.

In fact any player who is even playing professional cricket should be given a good rating. There should be no batsmen averaging less than 40 2nd team or bowlers averaging less than 30 2nd team in the game, period!

Really well said. Very frustrating playing international saves and like 2-3 seasons in there are only about 2-3 recognisable players across the international sides because of overpowered regens.

Comment

• with the arrival of kamindu mendis are we likely to see more probably regen players that are ambidextrous?

what about like the other sri lankan spinner who switches between leg spin and off spin. I know I've seen somewhere people asking about players being a bit like andrew symonds and bowl spin and seam. maybe input all three variations and you have to decide what they bowl, like literally press a button much like changing aggression of a batter

Comment

• I Already Know you Can Watch Now Cricket Highlights
                  Now you can watch cricket highlights 2 videos & cricket match videos mycrickethighlights with HD quality only on CricketHighlights2.Cricket

Comment

• Originally posted by jjamez View Post
                    with the arrival of kamindu mendis are we likely to see more probably regen players that are ambidextrous?

what about like the other sri lankan spinner who switches between leg spin and off spin. I know I've seen somewhere people asking about players being a bit like andrew symonds and bowl spin and seam. maybe input all three variations and you have to decide what they bowl, like literally press a button much like changing aggression of a batter
                    Yeah and it would be cool to use Mark Waugh as a spinner or seamer

Also Oshane Thomas needs an upgrade and has to be RF, took the 2nd most wickets in the CPL.
                    Last edited by adelaidecrowsrdabest; 11-08-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• i thought of another whilst i was watching the england v sri lanka tests. there seems to be a lot of left arm leg spinners coming on the scene, or it is becoming more pronounced, now i know that the game does include left arm wrist spinners in the regens but they are classes as LS and you dont really know until you play them, then they bowl normal SLA. Now that there seems to be more left arm leggies would it not be worth creating a new bowling category like there is SLA, OS and LS at the moment something like SLC or LAC for left arm chinaman as it used to be called

Comment

• jjamez It should be SLU (Slow let-arm unorthodox). This sounds great rather than SLC or LLS

Comment

There seems to be some in-built bias towards certain nations - to any who are familiar with the CC series this should come as no surprise. The only surprise here is that this time it is not England!

Players playing in South Africa and Pakistan seem to greatly outperform opponents from other countries who seem to have similar abilities. Case in point with Mohammed Abbas who in the game is twice the bowler of say Trent Boult whereas in real life that is highly debatable.

Personally I do not mind it as it makes the game very challenging especially in international mode with trying to beat the likes of Pakistan and South Africa. In my game in 2029 Pakistan have an ODI ranking of 42 which is absurd!
                          Well, now we can sau that Abbas is much better than Boult but Boult is very underrated in the game. I played with only FC matches with New Zealand and most of the time, he wasn't gettting wickets in Tests/FC matches and I had to drop him. even in other formats, he was nothing

Comment

• KL Rahul should be part-time 'keeper not full-time. India use him to keep in test matches in game.
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

• Cameron Valente should be RM
                              Riley Meredith could be RF, he's bowling 145kph in the BBL, is that fast enough?
                              I mentioned it earlier but Jack Edwards should be an opener as he's starting there the BBL as is Max Bryant so they should be improved a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by adelaidecrowsrdabest View Post
                                Cameron Valente should be RM
                                Riley Meredith could be RF, he's bowling 145kph in the BBL, is that fast enough?
                                I mentioned it earlier but Jack Edwards should be an opener as he's starting there the BBL as is Max Bryant so they should be improved a bit.
                                I dont understand why there isn't a play editor released with the game each year so we can change player abilities to our own liking. It gets frustrating when we have to wait for a database update each time. we needs a player and fixture editor for the 2019 version!

Comment

Working...
                                X