Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 gameplay

Alright lads,

As a Mac user, I'm waiting for the game to be released. I've heard lots of positive responses to the new game which im looking forward to. I was wondering whether the t20 gameplay has been improved at all in terms of being able to score runs more realistically etc? Has anyone found this to be the case?

Cheers

Not for me it hasn't :(

I'm finding the T20 gameplay unrealistic and very frustrating. The moment you up a players aggression that isn't settled he pretty much gets out an over or two later. Then if you try and not up a players aggression he starts going 4 or 5 balls in a row without scoring. It's just not realistic. On the other hand the opposition has no problem in whacking boundaries galore at any time!

Does anyone have any tips on T20 gameplay as it's ruining the game experience for me?

Comment

For t20s, I always make sure that as many batsmen as possible have either an Agg or V.Agg rating. I bat close to max aggression from the start, usually just one bar away from max. If wickets fall then drop the aggression slightly for a couple of overs, and don't be afraid to change the aggression based on which bowlers are bowling at that time, etc. In the last 4/5 overs, you can bat on max aggression if you have wickets in hand.
      When bowling, custom field settings help dramatically. Try to vary line and length and make sure you are cutting off their best shot choices.

Comment

Likewise I'm really struggling badly with T20. Finding if I try to settle the batsmen in I suddenly realise I'm up to 13-15 overs, maybe only 1 or 2 wickets down but still not scoring at a run a ball, then try to up the rate for the last 5 and just collapse, and end up posting 120-130 max. Alternatively, if I try to go near full aggression from the off, I lose my whole top order for nothing and end up struggling to even make it to 100. I think I've played about 18 T20 games so far and I don't think I've made it above 150 yet. Meanwhile, as stated above, the opposition rattle along at a terrific rate, no matter how I bowl - defensive, attacking, using creative custom fields, etc.

I'm doing pretty well in FC and OD, but just absolutely cannot get the hang of T20. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated as it's really frustrating!

Comment

the best advice you can get on t20 and odi batting is that you need to play the game ball by ball.

in odis i typically start the over with both batsman 2 off top aggression. if i get a boundary i reign them back to 4 bars (or 5/6 when totally settled at the crease). this allows you to build a good base and really up the aggression in the final 10 or so. if a batsman is rattling along and settled i may leave him 2 from top aggression for the majority of the first 40 overs. make sure to up the aggression for leaky or part time bowlers. maybe be a little more conservative if dale steyn is ripping through your top order.

exactly the same in t20s except i'll normally go one bar off top aggression before reigning it in to 2 bars off top aggression if i've plundered 8 runs from the over. then i'll go all out aggression for the last 4-6 overs depending on wickets in hand and the strength of my lower order.

also try to select as many aggressive batsman as you can.

the long and short of it is that there is no set way of playing, it varies depending on conditions, game situation and opponents. but hopefully the above helps somewhat.

Comment

Ultimately bowlers in global T20 are a little like cannon fodder. You need to have variations in type of bowler as much as you do in terms of line/length and fielders. I've found runs on the board to yield more victories than it has when I've been chasing, I struggle to regulate my run chase, but the AI tends to struggle with scoreboard pressure.

I like to have at least 6 bowling options, with the 6th being a borderline allrounder/established part timer like a Joe Root or a Chris Gayle.

Unless one of the bowlers is taking wickets left right and centre, I'll only bowl them for 2 overs each and see who has been the most economical/successful and picking those bowlers to bowl their full allocation. The first set of "bowlers bowling 2" gets you to 12 overs into the innings bowling middle and off or outside off stump in defensive fashion on a good length. Then I'll generally switch to full length middle stump bowling for the remaining 8 overs, making sure the field is spread both sides of the wicket. At this point it's important to go ball by ball or review every over regularly to ensure the line is working, if your bowler needs work on his accuracy he'll end up sending down low full tosses and getting whacked with the ball in the slot, in which case you pull it back to a good length where it's got more chance of being where you need it to be. You miss, I hit.

Comment

I've given ball-by-ball a go in a few T20 games and am slowly starting to see some improvement. In these few games I've had a score of 190+ batting first (comfortably my highest) and successfully chased down 150+ in another game (easily my most successful chase). Still need to work on it but this is clearly the right way to approach the shortest format.

Comment

There's some great advice here. T20 is one of the most difficult formats to balance because the balance between aggressive batting, wicket chances and field settings is so delicate. I can't say I have a definite answer on tactics, but taking wickets early on is key to restricting the AI's score, so don't go to maximum defensive straight away. When batting, very aggressive batsman can score at 8 per over on 6 bars, and 9/10 per over on 7 bars. Aggressive batsmen also don't need to be on max aggression to get big scores, and can sometimes score faster as they give less chances. Once they are settled you can go to max aggression to push the score high as you can.

Comment

I must say I can’t find a balance at all on T20, I either ship wickets or my players play like it’s a test match leaving everything on length and nicking a single here and there. Then the opposition absolutely pummel me at 9-11 an over.

Getting to the point where I think skipping the match and having it autoresolve is actually more likely to get me a win than me playing it myself. :(

Comment

So after much bemoaning of T20 I decided to start a CPL game just to give me lots of T20 practice and you'll never believe it but... I'm really enjoying T20 now!

Sure I've finished 5th out of 6 in my first two seasons but, and this is the crucial bit, I actually win some games and usually feel like I'm at least in the running for quite a chunk of the game - which is a marked improvement on my previous efforts in the T20 arena! In my third season I've one game left to play and at worst I'll finish with a 50/50 record of wins to loses - that's real progress for me and I'll happily take it!

Comment

There are some great points in here. Particularly on Agg/V.Agg batsman and custom fields.

It is tough, no doubting that. I started playing ball-by-ball about 3 versions ago and it has transformed my game. I also like to bowl bowlers out in a spell if they start it out well, best way of restricting opponent score is with wickets, don't get too obsessed on rpo.

Comment

Having thought I was making a little progress when I started playing ball-by-ball, I have to say the frustration levels are now rising again – I just can't win! Even following all the advice on here, when I bat first I rarely get beyond 150, often with supposedly very aggressive batsmen blocking out ball after ball even when I have them at or near max aggression, which the opposition then chase down fairly comfortably, even when I'm bowling ball by ball, varying line, length, aggression, bowler type and using careful custom field settings. If the opposition bat first, I approach it the same, but they still rattle along at 8, 9, 10 an over, which I can't even hope to chase down. Perhaps I'm just not very good at it, but it's actually risking making the game not enjoyable to play.

Comment

i have improved in all the versions. Currently in my Indian save, i am the no. one test team, no 3 at odi rankings and no3 at t-20. I dont whether the result is due to the rankings at the start of my season or my tactics of the game

Comment

I've hit a snag in my T20 campaign too. Using tactics and field placings from previous version doesn't seem to work this year, they just move across and cream it through the on side (something they didn't do in the previous version) which makes it that bit harder.

Comment

Yeah I've got to the stage where im deselecting management of t20s before I start a career. Hopelly this part of the game is worked on for the next version.

Comment

Working...
                              X