custom tourney for internet game to play with friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom tourney for internet game to play with friends

can you guys try to get a tourney set up for online internet games as that would be a great step to increase players playing online. I have been with u buying all versions from 2011 and had been waiting for this every year and this would greatly help increase customers for this game having online tourneys like for example 3 of our friends can play a tri tourney online with runrate everything and wins calculated fr considering teams for finals.

This is something we've been discussing. We've put a massive amount of work into making the on-line game more reliable this year, and we're hoping that the free demo and internet game will increase the number of players. The on-line game has been a bit neglected for a while. We're hoping these improvements will allow us to devote more resources to it in the future. The idea of friends leagues is one the the things we've discussed for our next move.

Comment

As a long time fan of the online game I like the sound of that. Though the rate of errors and disconnections is still very high, it is a lot better than staring at a frozen screen for ten minutes wondering if it is going to come alive again!

One small thing that I would like to see is a message on the homepage advising players that disconnections will be penalised more severely than a loss (in terms of points). This effect would be two-fold:
      1)It would encourage players to play with a reliable internet connection
      2)It would encourage players to finish the game when they are going to lose

I have only been playing this version online for a few days yet have had a lot of people disconnect once it was clear that the result was not going to go in their favor.
      I think that the more that we can discourage this type of behavior then the better for the online game.

Another feature that would be nice would be the ability to reestablish connection once it is lost, or to resume your game once an error occurs. If an opponent disconnects then the AI should autoplay the rest of the match if connection is not re-established within a certain time frame, thereby eliminating the disconnection problem.

Another thing is the time reserve. Since connections are so much faster today this needs to be updated to suit as it has been the same since the inception of the online game. No one wants to play with a 20 minute time reserve when you already get 15 seconds per over. 5 minutes should be the maximum option with options for each minute between 1-5 as well as none

Thank you!
      Last edited by bryce87; 08-23-2018, 02:36 AM.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X