T20 is Impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 is Impossible

At the risk of this sounding like a whinge... T20 is impossible.

Well at least for me it is. It's just become staring at the screen for 40 overs and wondering how badly I'm going to lose at the end of it.

I never feel like I have a chance of winning (I think I've fluked 2 wins in 40 games). My players seem incapable of maintaining a run rate above 8/over yet will consistently be set targets needing at least 9/over. On the odd occasion I manage to restrict the opposition to less than 8/over then I'll inevitably loss a wicket about 4 overs in and bang - all momentum is lost and by the time I get the flow going again the run rate is up over 8 and I'm stuffed.

How on earth are you supposed to make headway in the format...? I love First Class and One Day but whenever I get to the T20 portion of the season I lose all enjoyment and just can't wait for it to be over. It's just a relentless pummelling for 10 matches in which I seem to have no hope of ever competing. Surely someone must have managed to have some success with it it can't genuinely be impossible on normal difficulty (or is it)?

Who are you playing with/as?
    https://childishthings.com/forum/for...4-t20-gameplay - this thread has useful advice on tips on the format. You're not the only one to struggle. I used to hate it but now I quite enjoy it and its the only format I play with highlights turned up to 4+ , Chances, Wickets. And in the last 5 overs of batting AND bowling innings I always play ball by ball. The margin for error is so small you can't afford to set your stall out at the start of the over and hope for the best, you need to make adjustments as the over develops.

Comment

Working...
    X