Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Tips

Hi guys

This forum is great for info but I have found out quite a bit of useful stuff that is not in the forum (that I can see) so I wanted to bullet point some tips and hopefully you guys can add to this list and turn it into something really helpful.

1 Wicket keeper /batsman are batsman that keep wicket part time. They will cost you runs against an out an out keeper. Go for a full time keeper with a good average.

2 Your players will struggle to return to form playing 1st or 2nd string if they are not fit. I look for at least 70% fitness or they are marked down to be rested. Use your physio sessions weekly to avoid this becoming major problem. Rest and rotate often.

3 Start at 7 notches aggression for T20 and don't be afraid to go down to 3 if you lose quick wickets.

4 Your batsman will generally score their highest number of runs at 3 aggression. In FC my advice is to start at 2 (1 if cloudy) and move to 3 after the batsman is 60% settled and I never move them up if they are in the 40's or 90's. I would only move them down to get over a milestone if they had a few overs of not scoring. I will only move to 4 bars in FC to hit a bonus point target before declaring for example.

5 When looking for a young player I look at conversion to 50/100s or 5wi and 2nd XI 3 day average. I have found the greatest indicator of talent is when you play them out of form. Yes they may occasionaly get a GD but if they can grind to 100+ from 2 stars of form then they deserve your attention. Same applied for a 5 for. This is not FM you cannot just hire a decent scout and be 100% accurate of a players potential. You have to keep reviewing your youth and in different formats.

6 Don't sign Irish players - they spent a great deal of the season getting thrashed whilst you pay their wages. You often won't get a game from them inbetween matches due to the form and fitness levels you tend to get them back with.

7 Your overseas player should be from the youth pool. This one is very much opinion based. But imo you should never hire a young star from the overseas pool as wages can typically increase 400% and you have to re sign them annually. With patience you can get world class foreign youth players for 25k. If you can't get a young overseas player in look for a 30 year old on around 40k as they will likely play less formats for their national team and will have a big impact on FC cricket still.

Keen to see what you all add!

Originally posted by MitchChelsea View Post
    Hi guys

1 Wicket keeper /batsman are batsman that keep wicket part time. They will cost you runs against an out an out keeper. Go for a full time keeper with a good average.
    Sometimes yes, but the number of byes they conceed is often negated by the runs they score. Bairstow would be a prime example. He was never an out an out keeper.

2 Your players will struggle to return to form playing 1st or 2nd string if they are not fit. I look for at least 70% fitness or they are marked down to be rested. Use your physio sessions weekly to avoid this becoming major problem. Rest and rotate often.
    Good advice. Generally I identify key players as the season progresses and make sure they keep fit. If you can rotate physio between 5 of your key players and don't bowl your bowlers for 9/10 over spells when they're getting tired you should do well.

3 Start at 7 notches aggression for T20 and don't be afraid to go down to 3 if you lose quick wickets.
    I always start at one notch from the top, and if losing wickets I pick an anchor to sit 2/3 away from the top until we recover. In the last 6/7 overs provided I have at least 2 recognised batters/all rounders available its maximum all the way. But again, best to play ball by ball and if you tonk 12 off the first 2/3 balls theres no need to smash the rest if wickets are short.

4 Your batsman will generally score their highest number of runs at 3 aggression. In FC my advice is to start at 2 (1 if cloudy) and move to 3 after the batsman is 60% settled and I never move them up if they are in the 40's or 90's. I would only move them down to get over a milestone if they had a few overs of not scoring. I will only move to 4 bars in FC to hit a bonus point target before declaring for example.
    My openers in the CC are always on 3 bars. Anyone who comes in after a flurry of wickets is on 2 for a little while. I did fine some success with putting Hameed on 2 bars in the CC regardless of the situation and others played around him. He averaged 64, scored several big tons and we won the CC.

5 When looking for a young player I look at conversion to 50/100s or 5wi and 2nd XI 3 day average. I have found the greatest indicator of talent is when you play them out of form. Yes they may occasionaly get a GD but if they can grind to 100+ from 2 stars of form then they deserve your attention. Same applied for a 5 for. This is not FM you cannot just hire a decent scout and be 100% accurate of a players potential. You have to keep reviewing your youth and in different formats.
    I tend to go for versatile youth players. I only look at the 3 day average because it is the best indicator of their level and consistency. Someone could have great form but be rubbish in the long term. If someone has an impressive average in the 3 day game I'll then look at their one day stats. If they are reasonable I'll sign. Otherwise I won't, and look at discarded domestic players instead who have at least some county circuit experience.

6 Don't sign Irish players - they spent a great deal of the season getting thrashed whilst you pay their wages. You often won't get a game from them inbetween matches due to the form and fitness levels you tend to get them back with.
    I've never really looked at nationality of players. My concern is their involvement in IPL franchise, their fee and their performance. What matters to me is value for money. Is it worth spending loads on an IPL player to get 4 good matches out of them for the county, or is it better going with a decent cheaper alternative for the whole season for continuity?

7 Your overseas player should be from the youth pool. This one is very much opinion based. But imo you should never hire a young star from the overseas pool as wages can typically increase 400% and you have to re sign them annually. With patience you can get world class foreign youth players for 25k. If you can't get a young overseas player in look for a 30 year old on around 40k as they will likely play less formats for their national team and will have a big impact on FC cricket still.
    I don't always panic about overseas players. As per my strategy above, if there isn't one out there that fits my team strategy for the right price or value for money I won't blindly buy for the sake of it. Sometimes you get a gem that you didn't expect but the same criteria applies as it does for picking youth from my own set up like point 5.

Comment

Hi

Apologies if this is listed somewhere but does anybody know what year the games ends or will it just keep going forever?

I'm just playing England international mode and have reached 2032.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
        Hi

Apologies if this is listed somewhere but does anybody know what year the games ends or will it just keep going forever?

Many thanks

www.sillypointcricket.com
        On some of the earlier versions I'd gone into 2030 ish, and the season started 2005ish as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
          Hi

Many thanks

www.sillypointcricket.com
          It will go forever
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X