Suggestions for next version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for next version

I have not really thought about things in order of importance but this popped into my head while playing the game so here goes:

We need an improved player sorting system. I dislike selecting players who are over 35 years old and less than 24 years old since they either start to decline in ability or have not hit their peak yet when they are too young. So, we need a sorting system that lets us pick out players according to criteria that we like. Will add more stuff to this thread when I think of something more.

Yes likewise although i'm starting to wonder whether we will even get to see another version. Hardly anyone seems to have purchased the game judging by the small amount of people playing online, where even people with a free trial copy can play.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

I dont have any more suggesstion to input as my decade old wish has come true and I can't think of any more actually , possibly a new 3d match engine? long shot I guess. But I am done purchasing ICC games as I don't think it can be improved any further to create more interest for me. though Will prolly play ICC18 for a very long time (possibly a decade)

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
        Yes likewise although i'm starting to wonder whether we will even get to see another version. Hardly anyone seems to have purchased the game judging by the small amount of people playing online, where even people with a free trial copy can play.
        CC2019 is in the plans for definite. Online has suffered in the past as we've had some serious awkward issues with our complete interface rebuild from the 2014 version onwards. We've made some seriously good progress on that this year. Online is horrific to debug, not only with log files generating 100s of thousands of lines of information that we have to look through and comparee when we test, but the awkward scenario of us having to play ourselves on the same machine with the game running side-by-side!

In general the game has seen a switch to mobile platforms from Desktop, which will also have an impact on people's playing behaviour (single vs multi player) within the game.

Business wise, this year we've hit a big milestone in doing all our own publishing on Steam and mobile platforms, this is a huge goal for a small company like us with a small turnover to hit and means we can invest more money back in to the game in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
          I dont have any more suggesstion to input as my decade old wish has come true and I can't think of any more actually , possibly a new 3d match engine? long shot I guess. But I am done purchasing ICC games as I don't think it can be improved any further to create more interest for me. though Will prolly play ICC18 for a very long time (possibly a decade)
          It sounds like you love playing the game as much as me. What was your decade old wish if you do not mind me asking?

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          CC2019 is in the plans for definite. Online has suffered in the past as we've had some serious awkward issues with our complete interface rebuild from the 2014 version onwards. We've made some seriously good progress on that this year. Online is horrific to debug, not only with log files generating 100s of thousands of lines of information that we have to look through and comparee when we test, but the awkward scenario of us having to play ourselves on the same machine with the game running side-by-side!

In general the game has seen a switch to mobile platforms from Desktop, which will also have an impact on people's playing behaviour (single vs multi player) within the game.

Business wise, this year we've hit a big milestone in doing all our own publishing on Steam and mobile platforms, this is a huge goal for a small company like us with a small turnover to hit and means we can invest more money back in to the game in the future.
          Wow that is great to hear! Yes the online game has so much potential to improve so I am really looking forward to that!
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
            It sounds like you love playing the game as much as me. What was your decade old wish if you do not mind me asking?

Wow that is great to hear! Yes the online game has so much potential to improve so I am really looking forward to that!
            LOL see my first post on this forum way back in 2008

Comment

Nevermjnd it was about randomized player development

Comment

record of previous winners of domestic competition as done for world cups.

Currently we can only see the performance of club for past six year only, it would be nice to have record of every season played under our captaincy.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                  Nevermjnd it was about randomized player development
                  No doubt that has improved a small amount but I have played many different saves and players still turn out exactly the same in each save

I am having a problem at the moment in 2026 Pakistan domestic save where every allrounder I get either cannot bat or cannot bowl so no genuine allrounders

The one day engine is probably the biggest improvement I believe. The only fault with it is that AI always explodes in overs 34-38 no matter what so that is easy to predict
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Comment

I'd like to be able to sit back and watch a 3D match play out without having to do anything.

Comment

It would be great if we could quicksim the first season to get straight to the player signing section

Comment

There are some changes that could be made to the match engine, e.g. on caught behind appeals, when the camera angle immediately switches to behind the keeper you know it's going to be not out. Just keeping the camera behind the bowler for all caught behind appeals would end that annoying little spoiler!

Comment

Sureshot, how are the sales going with this version? I've been putting in a few hours in different areas of the game and it's going really well? And if you need any suggestions for next years version feel free to open a thread!

Comment

Working...
                          X