Technique training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technique training

I had a note that a player increased their technique: can this happen multiple times - i.e. is it worth me keeping the technique training for a young player?

It can although it does not happen with aggression levels. So for example a very defensive batsman can be trained to defensive but not to average aggression.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Thanks for this, and the extra detail about aggression, both useful to know!

Comment

The incredibly frustrating thing about technique training is that the computer allocates it on an almost completely random basis, with the only skewing factor being a player's age.

I have screenshots here of when players have improved twice in one screen - despite other players also being allocated technique training. One I kept the same training and the other one I changed.

Something should be changed about the way training is allocated but I am not sure what avenue is best ,as having a set number of days before a player improves would be too mechanical. A middle ground needs to be established.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

I just had a bowler improve his technique twice in a week! But made me realise I’m not entirely sure what bowling technique does...

I’m assuming technique training improves all areas, and makes a better bowler, while focussing on aggression, defensive bowling, etc focusses and boosts the individual area.

Similarly I assume batting technique improves all areas, making a better overall batter.

are these safe assumptions?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexB View Post
            I just had a bowler improve his technique twice in a week! But made me realise I’m not entirely sure what bowling technique does...

I’m assuming technique training improves all areas, and makes a better bowler, while focussing on aggression, defensive bowling, etc focusses and boosts the individual area.

Similarly I assume batting technique improves all areas, making a better overall batter.

are these safe assumptions?
            I think so but in practice the difference is not even noticeable.

I wish that they would get rid of features like this where the user is required to put so much effort for seemingly nothing.

Even when you get lucky and the random number generator lands on your player, and they improve, it makes no difference to the end user and gameplay.
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X