Bowler into an all rounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowler into an all rounder

What training should I use to try and get a bowler in my team to become an all rounder, is it possible to do it?

Despite assertions from developers that a batsman or bowler can be trained into an allrounder, I have never seen it and have tried many times for long periods.

In my Afghanistan game I had Rashid Khan, a decent batsman in game, improve his batting technique at least six times and he still remained a bowler. On other occasions I have given bowlers middle order training but never had an improve.

Until someone shows me otherwise I am going to say that it is a false claim by the developers.

It will not make any difference regardless in my opinion. Again until someone shows me otherwise, I claim that genuine allrounders do not actually exist in CC18.

For some reason the game will not allow a player to be generated who can bat in the top six and be a frontline bowler in international cricket.

I have had so many regen allrounders in national sides and they are either born to bat or born to bowl, or do both but neither at a high level.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
      Despite assertions from developers that a batsman or bowler can be trained into an allrounder, I have never seen it and have tried many times for long periods.

In my Afghanistan game I had Rashid Khan, a decent batsman in game, improve his batting technique at least six times and he still remained a bowler. On other occasions I have given bowlers middle order training but never had an improve.

Until someone shows me otherwise I am going to say that it is a false claim by the developers.

It will not make any difference regardless in my opinion. Again until someone shows me otherwise, I claim that genuine allrounders do not actually exist in CC18.

For some reason the game will not allow a player to be generated who can bat in the top six and be a frontline bowler in international cricket.

I have had so many regen allrounders in national sides and they are either born to bat or born to bowl, or do both but neither at a high level.
      I think it's a false claim too, what was Rashid Khan averaging with the bat after all that training?

Comment

Originally posted by adelaidecrowsrdabest View Post

I think it's a false claim too, what was Rashid Khan averaging with the bat after all that training?
        20 with no test centuries. In other words it seemed to make no difference at all.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

The player development is still a bit stagnant and not as dynamic as claimed.

Comment

It works in case if you turn an opening batsman into a middle order batsman or vice-versa. But have never seen it working in case if want to turn a batsman/ bowler into an all-rounder. I have given 6 continuous weeks bowling training to turn Kedar Jadhav into an all-rounder from a keeper batsman but it didn't work. As an example of first case, Rohit sharma has been become a regular test opener from middle order batsman in my indian save and doing good, but has failed in performing his regular duties as an odi opener in return

Comment

To be fair you need more than six weeks to make fundamental changes to a player style - a year or two would be reasonable IMO. I’m not sure if it does ever happen, but complaining it doesn’t happen after six weeks is unreasonable

Comment

Originally posted by AlexB View Post
                To be fair you need more than six weeks to make fundamental changes to a player style - a year or two would be reasonable IMO. I’m not sure if it does ever happen, but complaining it doesn’t happen after six weeks is unreasonable
                Actually the changes brought about from technique training are allocated on an almost completely random basis.

This explains why on some saves you get an improvement on a player straight away, and on other saves it takes years.

As mentioned above being able to change a player into an allrounder is not possible on CC18 anyway, so there is no point in even discussing the possibility of it happening
                Last edited by bryce87; 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM.
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

I was talking about time to learn new skills IRL, not in game. I agree generally with you, and feel annoyed to have been weak enough to have bought essentially the same game yet again...
                  Last edited by AlexB; 11-16-2018, 12:22 AM.

Comment

The effects of training depend on their age also. The younger the better, and then chance also, is the young player a quick study?

Comment

Working...
                    X