A lack of All time great customization options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lack of All time great customization options

This is something that has slightly bothered me for a while now and I would love to see this opened up a little more.

Currently you have very few options when doing an all time great series, most annoying of which is that you are forced into picking a COUNTRIES 11 rather than a World 11 which I think would just be epic. If I want to use Muralitharan I shouldn't be forced to only use Sri Lanka, and using an all time South African 11 in a test match is tiresome with no real World Class spin options etc etc

Another thing is the inability to choose a wicket for your game... why am I not able to prepare a wicket to suit my team? I thought I would play as Sri Lanka this time and knowing how poor their all time 11's stack up against most others I decided to play a series against South Africa and prepare a dustbowl to see if both teams cancelled eachother out. Then in each of my games I am greeted with perfect wickets, no wear and very fast outfields making my pretty much bowling only attack useless. I can't think of any times that I have seen a bowling friendly wicket from the start, but using the bowlers in this mode should be one of the best parts! Taking a West Indian side onto bouncy fast tracks and seeing their deadly speed obliterate the Worlds best batsmen is something this mode should be all about, but as it is now it feels like I am playing a 2018 ODI on a flat deck with a load of faceless players.

All of this and then also seeing active average players outscore Bradman, or be your best bowlers by an absolute mile makes me even question if they have been tweaked to be anything like themselves at all. And seeing some absolute superstars be unable to score a run or take a wicket because everyone starts on 2.5 stars of form for whatever reason, leaving you with a team full of 0 star players in form or 5 star form by the 3rd game becomes very very silly. I remember picking 11 all time great batsmen for Australia and picking the AI 11 active batsmen only to try and make a score in the thousands, only to see their wicket keepers regularly taking wickets and me getting nowhere near 500... This mode should be all about fun and stretching the limits of realism to the max yet it just feels so empty as it is

I think this mode has alot of potential, I'd like to even see an option to add them as a County to play in a regular season if you really wanted to, but the game seems to be holding everything back for some strange reason whilst not massively growing elsewhere.
Working...
X