Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you all would like to see from CC 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Editor like in the original games but better. At least be able to create a sixteen-year-old self and put him in the England team.

So you get to choose name, nationality, age, batting and bowling style and possibly which team you start with.

Women's cricket. At least a World Cup and Custom series if not a full on Career Mode.

Comment

I support equality as much as anyone but have to admit I cringe whenever I hear someone mention the idea of adding women's cricket career modes to the ICC series.

The main reason is this - look at the length of time the developers have taken to make improvements to the game.

The online game is almost unrecognisable from it's inception in 2005, the interface has made only slight changes over two decades, and don't get me started on the in-game animations, training, player development etc.

I could name a host of other features that have received little to no attention in the ~20 years that CC has been going but my point is that creating a completely separate women's database, leagues and fixtures will only further stall development on vital gameplay features which are in absolutely desperate need of attention.

When the developers are able to keep pace with the needs of the game itself then it will be time to begin looking at adding women's cricket.

But yes I think for now a World Cup mode only for women's cricket would suffice.
      Last edited by bryce87; 12-27-2018, 04:49 AM.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Yeah, so surely putting ten international teams with even just 15 players in with up to date stats and being able to play World Cups and custom series isn’t too much to ask and the sort of thing we should be striving for. It’d provide variety in a game that lists repetitiveness as an obvious issue.

i think that a lot of people understand that were not expecting Don Bradman style graphics (Or are we?) and that women’s competitions are a quick win and better late than never.

this sums up the demand though. We all want different things but if they can add Ireland and Afghanistan to career mode then they can add isolated women’s competitions with ease.

Last edited by Silly Point; 12-30-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

My original posts are over in the 2018 Database section but for the future I'd like to see some proper tours. Its now 70 years since the 1948 Australians maybe to much to include all the teams but surely you should have the option of playing all a country's domestic teams? Pitch and weather variations - stable, unsettled, improving with on the sub-continent slow turning & low bounce. I'd like to see also some of the leading none-white players from the 1970's & 80s included in the South African database.

Comment

Also something I forgot is it possible to print match scorecards and series statistics? I like re-staging series like the England tour of Australia 1970-71 also did a 5 Test Pakistan tour of England in 1971 Pervez Sajjad took 44 wickets England won 3-2!

Comment

When the computer has a 3-2 attack like in the game I'm playing at the moment E v SA 1970. The third pace bowler doesn't get used. For example Snow & Ward both 20+ overs, Shuttleworth 3, the spinners Underwood & Illingworth both 20+ overs Boycott bowled more 5 overs than Shuttleworth who batted 11. I've noticed it with other teams Salim Altaf (P) & Noreiga (WI) didn't even bowl.

Comment

All the 'A' team feature would have to do is to have the 'A' side play exactly the same series as the senior side and you can see individual scorecards after picking the 'A' team to see which of your reserves are the best ones - that would be a game changer for me. Another feature would be to change slow left arm to left arm wrist spin or something (Kuldeep Yadav) and to make batting averages go down a little. After 2020, so many of my batsmen average 60+ in test cricket which is ludicrous and other batsmen from different countries average in the 30s but get to 10,000 test runs (so they don't get dropped either) - if FC batting could be a little harder and T20 batting easier then that would help too. Finally the ranking system for batsmen and bowlers needs to be more permanent because whoever is playing most recently gets to the top when in reality, players like Kohli, Smith, Rashid Khan, Bumrah stay at the top of the rankings for a long period of time.

Comment

I'd like to create my own teams in a custom tournament. Main thing here is to have a team that has access to ALL historical players regardless of country. Make a 1920s team vs a 1990s team for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevfromsussex&Oz View Post
                    When the computer has a 3-2 attack like in the game I'm playing at the moment E v SA 1970. The third pace bowler doesn't get used. For example Snow & Ward both 20+ overs, Shuttleworth 3, the spinners Underwood & Illingworth both 20+ overs Boycott bowled more 5 overs than Shuttleworth who batted 11. I've noticed it with other teams Salim Altaf (P) & Noreiga (WI) didn't even bowl.
                    Yes the AI is terrible at using bowlers - you only have to watch how they use Stokes in test matches early in a career by bowling him about five overs per innings. This is why the AI almost never picks all-rounders in FC sides because it is not programmed to use more than four regular bowlers.

Also in OD games the opening bowlers often bowl 9 overs in a row which is ludicrous.
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

It would be great if the AI had some concept of a series (in international mode) and done their utmost to win/draw a series.

Case in point I was 1-0 up in a two match test series then got bowled out at the end of day five session two, of the second test, leaving the opposition 200 to score in the final session to win the test and draw the series. They just blocked the whole thing out and happily conceded the series.

Originally posted by d4ry4 View Post
                      After 2020, so many of my batsmen average 60+ in test cricket which is ludicrous and other batsmen from different countries average in the 30s but get to 10,000 test runs (so they don't get dropped either) - if FC batting could be a little harder and T20 batting easier then that would help too.
                      That is the problem with the international career mode, certain countries produce superior players to other countries. No matter what save you are playing in AI teams of Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, West Indies and Zimbabwe will always be rubbish.

If you want a challenge try using one of these sides and see how many of your batsman average over 60 in test cricket! I'm doing it at the moment and it is an exciting, albeit frustrating rollercoaster ride. The bowlers in these teams are actually the big difference as they are much worse than the ones produced by the other countries.
                      Last edited by bryce87; 01-16-2019, 12:14 AM.
                      YouTube
                      Facebook

Comment

Hi guys

Please check out the audio on my blog regarding what I'd like to see in the game...

I picked up the game a couple of years ago having not played for many years. Would really love to see the game kick on. Everybody's got their favourite 'wants'... these are mine!

Many thanks and take care

Comment

Less runouts ????
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                            Less runouts ????
                            yes, this is an obvious and embarrassing bug, essentially. The average test match has over two runouts a match easily. Also, the stamina/time issue needs an overhaul to be realistic. Could be whenever you change the field it adds a half minute or something. Time for wickets falling, extra ten seconds for boundaries etc.

Less retired hurts where your player is out the rest of the match, this also happens way too often.

And no to womens cricket...jesus, get a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by clwalcott View Post

Less retired hurts where your player is out the rest of the match, this also happens way too often.
                              Yes. About very time I tour South Africa with their aggressive fast bowlers and fast pitches I always leave with at least one batsman with a fracture/broken rib out for 5-6 weeks
                              YouTube
                              Facebook

Comment

too many caught and bowleds too

Comment

Working...
                                X