Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you all would like to see from CC 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like a pop-up when there is a change to adverse pitch or weather conditions.
    Last edited by GrahamB; 03-03-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

The AI refuses to use a spinner before over 15 in FC and OD matches but I would love to see them start opening with spinners especially on turning tracks and against openers with pace preference.

Same with T20 they always start with pace bowlers but this should change
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Big Ant’s next effort titled Cricket 19 is releasing as soon as May... so when is Cricket Captain 19 out?

They do seem to have a history of releasing the game quite late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
          Big Ant’s next effort titled Cricket 19 is releasing as soon as May... so when is Cricket Captain 19 out?

They do seem to have a history of releasing the game quite late in the season.
          It hasn't got a management option from what I've read.

Comment

I would like to see the game return to console as well, specifically PS4. I really enjoyed the playstation versions of the game that I played in the early 2000's.

Comment

ICC 2009 had the ability to play both sides. How about bringing that back?

Comment

If nothing else please fix the presently terrible financial caps on IPL and PSL teams. It will be a very easy and quick fix I promise and you will make so many people happy - just go through every team and double the budgets. Thats it fixed!

Then finally all of the best players in the world will actually get picked in these leagues and the most represented foreign country in them will no longer be Zimbabwe!

In CC18 the AI teams all make sure they buy cheap players so they can make the 18 person squad minimum. Me I just settle on 12-14 players in my squad but make sure they are quality. The result of this:
                Last edited by bryce87; 04-02-2019, 06:52 AM.
                YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

Perhaps just some cosmetic stuff as a nice photo on the player. Maybe in the top left corner when clicking on profile. A dummy one if not a proper one can be found.
                  This could also be something for folks to add to the game long after the release, if we also had a player-id to fix the photos too.

If "your" team isn't playing one could have an option to just watch another game of interrest. You might spot a player in action you very well like to bring into your team later on. If acting as International Team manager you could have a look at future players for your squad. Just a schedule that says todays game and you might click on any given one and select how to watch perhaps highlites from it.

Of course some sort of player editor and league/tournament editor should be a must in such a manager game.

If not an editor I would be glad to see player attributes in some sort not only the stats produced by the player over certain times. I image one could see ex. how good fielder a player is and some other stuff that contributed to his stats. Attributes are the backbone on how a player performs so if an editor is up the atts is a needed thing.

We all tend to compare with Football Manager of course.
                  Then it might be a good idea for the "makers" of this game to take a look at the very succesful OOTP Baseball. Many features that could be implemented into Cricket Captain.
                  Last edited by clamel; 04-03-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Clamel. To give you a heads up.
                    1. There will never be an editor.
                    2. With the legality of games these days and "likeness". Cricket Captain would have to pay money to every player its "likeness" represented. The early days of gaming got away with it. Not now. Very early versions of the game had player photos and you could also swap them out and do your own which was great.

Comment

Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post
                      Hi Clamel. To give you a heads up.
                      1. There will never be an editor.
                      2. With the legality of games these days and "likeness". Cricket Captain would have to pay money to every player its "likeness" represented. The early days of gaming got away with it. Not now. Very early versions of the game had player photos and you could also swap them out and do your own which was great.
                      Well well, perhaps OOTPB, FM, Pro Cycling Manager, Pro Evo Soccer and some others move in a different world. Sad if this game had the possibilty in the past. Not need to include photos with the game just "holders" and how to add photos, which wouldn't be a violation. Then what each and every gamer assembling in nice new photos and add them would solve the problem. As these other games have done. Of course not any type of facegenerator which might be a violation.

The editor issue could be very small like what many cries for, the possibility of changing names in like IPL. Smaller things like take away injuries, bans and similar little things (like copyrights, adding Japan in FM). No need for special patches to have such things fixed. This game seems to one of the very few manager-games with not any type of editor.
                      After some 20 years in development, as the OOTPB and FM, this might have come further. It has such big possibilities.

Just a newbies thoughts.

Comment

Why can there not be an editor like early games?

CC uses real names and real stats but I appreciate photos like early versions would cost but what’s that got do with editor?

i want to create myself and put myself in the game.

Big Ant cricket console games (DBC/Ashes) get away with community customisation. Surely we could have a few slots to create some players.

Release date please, any info at all? Why does a cricket game consistently come out so late in summer?
                        Last edited by Silly Point; 04-07-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Pictures of the different grounds would be a good start. ICC 2006 had them you would probably get them for nothing too.

Comment

Why can there not be an editor like early games?
                            The editors were never official as far as I can remember

The reason they do not have them is to preserve the online game

In saying that I had a save game on CC18 black marked because it went out of sync between two different devices. Support could do nothing about it and they said I would never be able to use the game online. Surely they could do a similar thing to edited games?

Release date please, any info at all? Why does a cricket game consistently come out so late in summer?
                            CC twitter page said will be released for the start of the World Cup
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

Interesting points all round!

Comment

The AI places no emphasis on a series and the importance of winning them.

In other words there is absolutely no correlation between the points to be gained from a series win and the actions of the AI when there should be.

Take a look at this scorecard from a two test series. The AI bowled me out on the 5th day and had a target of 206 to win in 41 overs on about the best batting surface imaginable. They did not even try and ended up 97/2 and with a drawn series.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-04-10 12.48.45.png Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	65472 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3217.png
Views:	493
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	65471Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3215.png
Views:	521
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	65469
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by bryce87; 04-10-2019, 02:01 AM.
                                YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X