Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting International Teams

2 questions.

1) I find it annoying that I can't see players form when selecting international teams. I'm sure I could in previous versions of the game. Am I missing something or has this been dropped from the 2018 version?

2) When the computer selects international teams for me it seems to ignore players First Class records. As best I can tell it bases its judgement on 2nd XI records. Or more likely it knows the true potential of players in a way that I can't discern. I find this frustrating because what is the point of First Class performance if someone's raw potential is more important to their performance. Again am I missing something or am I correct in thinking the computer judges players when they enter the game and doesn't really count the stats they then produce in First Class games? Or doesn't give them as much weight anyway.

Thanks for any replies/insights.

1) Try clicking on the player and opening batting form and bowling form

2) Correct in that the computer does not care for past performances whatsoever but selects of a rating scale that we do not have access to. The AI consistently drops high performing players for this reason which is a flaw in the game.

It is important however to use this information to your advantage when you can as the AI does give you clues as to which players are hot in your own team as form does fluctuate and even the worst players can have great years.

Such as, when playing domestic cricket,after contracts at the start of the new season, when the AI selects your XI for the first game of the year. If they put a new youth player at #3 or bowler #1 then you can be sure that they are going to be a boss. Similarly if they put in someone unexpected into the starting XI then they are probably set for a big year.

The same goes in international mode, you can be assured that the players the AI selects in their first squads of the season are set for good years.
    Last edited by bryce87; 02-09-2019, 11:43 AM.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X