No announcement yet.

The Myth of Technique Training: A Case Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Khil struggled in white-ball cricket, to be fair he didn’t bat half the time and was probably picked too soon then randomly shunted up the order on occasions. Took to Tests like a duck to water though. Got some big tons early on batting at 7. This was after a few years and I do bat shall we say... defensively in Tests though even batting defensively the Afghan players often score quickly. Gurbaz also came into my white ball side and very sporadically smashed it to all parts. Somehow he debuted as a batsman for me at three in Tests and scored 177 I think but I stopped playing around then in maybe 2028 or so. Aside from that I just gave a couple of old keepers some T20s.

Haji Murad was my big selection from the get go because I didn’t want Shahzad opening and keeping in Tests. Averaged 39.5ish but scored runs when they mattered. Was 29 at start of game though and almost painfully I just had to drop him for Ali Khil after a loss of form.

Its difficult with Afghanistan because when you play your first series or two, few of them have been playing any domestic cricket in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
      Its difficult with Afghanistan because when you play your first series or two, few of them have been playing any domestic cricket in the summer.
      Yes I am in 2034 and this is as bigger problem as ever and is super annoying as it often prevents you from being able to tell who is in form or not!
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

Interesting thread mate, fair play.. I'm of the view it makes a difference, in the highlights, I know they improve, as balls that would get them out before I started the training, don't get them out as much the longer I train them, but I can see where you are coming from.. I tend to only use technique training when they are playing, for example I will technique them all during a test match, if they are under 28, general technique, batting or bowling, and have persuaded myself it makes a difference, in the same way you have persuaded yourself that it doesn't.. Until the game offers us tangible proof of player improvement for example, if stokes is rated 12/20 on defence, and 18/20 on attack when batting, or whatever raing system they have working under the hood of the game, although why they feel the need to hide their ratings from us, I will never get, it might be to do with them not wanting to pay for mage rights etc, I can't think why else we have never been able to see how good the players are, a few years general technique training for 40 days a year, 8 tests that would be, should soon have them rising shouldn't it. That's how I see it anyway... Technique training for older players, now that would be a waste of time, and I can see why it would, it should only work on young players anyway... Players have to be the finished article at some point..

Comment

Working...
        X