Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about doing a story. Who would follow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about doing a story. Who would follow?

Hey guys, wondering who would be keen to follow an international career? Suggestions would be appreciated :)

My thinking is:

New Zealand- Good team, a solid bowling lineup with good batsman, but can I get them to continue to rise and become the best in the world?

West Indies- Fair to say they’ve hit a low in their cricket, can I start a rebuild and find a lineup that can handle world class bowling?

Australia- No Smith, No Warner, No Australia?

South Africa- Severe choking hazard.
    New Zealand
    0%
    West Indies
    33.33%
    Australia
    33.33%
    South Africa
    33.33%

99% of stories die out quite quickly which is a bit of shame. It is understandable though because they get such a limited following on here.

I personally enjoy watching people try and take on the impossible, such as in GrahamB's Zimbabwe story. And then watching them come up against the might of Pakistan and getting rolled for 100. Then I start to relate and connect to the story. As well as inching ahead for that precious and seemingly impossible against all odds victory.

West Indies would be the toughest of these I think, although I have never played as them. I've played as New Zealand before and they are certainly a challenge too, especially in the early stages so they would be good too. Actually now I think New Zealand would be better but I cannot change my vote :(
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Yeah I agree, you don’t see many stories survive unfortunately.

I was leaning towards New Zealand or West Indies, even if I don’t do a story I might just play it and see how I go!

Comment

Originally posted by leachenrower View Post
        Yeah I agree, you don’t see many stories survive unfortunately.

I was leaning towards New Zealand or West Indies, even if I don’t do a story I might just play it and see how I go!
        The thing with New Zealand is that their bowling is rubbish on the game. Boult, Southee, Henry, Wagner, Ferguson are all not great.

If you look at NZ on the team selection screen their batting is five stars but their bowling is only three stars, so the developers have significantly underrated them.

You can get runs on the board easily enough with them but bowling teams out is another story!

If nothing else it would be interesting to read how you get on in the test matches with them.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

Thought about blogging?

Deep down I’m a frustrated cricket journalist and my CC and DBC etc write-ups have been a core part of my blog...

Select the Cricket Captain tab on the right.

Please excuse the shameless promotion. I need all the hits I can get!

If you really enjoy writing (And adding screenshots) then why not get yourself some more exposure. I mean really, how many people are on here?

Is it primarily English people buying the game? (Or is that just me being arrogantly English?)

If so then they’re probably all doing an England career so yeah do NZ. I’ve always enjoyed doing a Zimbabwe or Afghanistan last time.

Good luck with NZ if that’s who it be!

Comment

Working...
          X