2020 In This Game Is Bent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 In This Game Is Bent

Greetings everyone, the title says it all really.. I've been playing this series for yesrs, and although it is essentially still the same game, with no improvements whatsoever, and the developers should be ashamed really, for releasing the same game for what 15 years now, it is still a useful way to spend a good few hours, although how I yearn to be able to tell my bowler where to bowl the ball in more than three places, and more than three lengths, and him actually do it, they bowl where they like, don't they really, oh how yearn for somebody not to be given out stumped, I don't think I have ever seen that happen, and I'd love a DRS, does the umpire ever get it wrong? Maybe I could even set my own tours no, after 20 years of the series, it's the same game man, you're ripping us all off..

20/20, is an absolute joke, no matter what I do, I simply cannot win, the game is bent, as for attaining player improvement, do these players actually have stats? How am I meant to tell which one is the best exactly, and how do they improve?? How do I see how good my players are exactly.. I have aggressive players blocking every ball on 6 bars, and then out first or second over any higher, it is nonsense really, when will we get the game we deserve?? Same graphics as 20 years ago on the Playstation 1, do people in custom fields ever take catches, I don't think I've ever seen a man out caught on the drive, in 25 years of playing this game, or are all catches programmed in for preset positions..

Very frustrating game really, and after many years, and no improvements, I still can't manage in more than one country, or manage two teams at once, there is no development whatsoever really is there, you are ripping us all off, aren't you.. Develop the game, or at least come on forums and answer questions, I see no evidence of any developers answering questions with definitive answers, the dude going on about technique traning, he best not be telling the truth about it doing nothing, as I've been using it for years haha, but you all don't even clarify anything..

Not good enough..
    Last edited by PaulNewman67; 04-11-2019, 06:04 PM.

I cannot argue with any of your points. I think the developers have got themselves in the horrible position of needing to make a new release every year in order to keep the money coming in so they can keep their heads above water.

When what they really need to do is take about three years off from making a release. Spend the first two years tearing down the current engine, graphics, interface and everything else that is 20 years old. But they may be scared that they will lose a big chunk of their fan base in that time and they will not have all the extra income that come from the new releases every year, although they did say on here they have secured more funding it still probably is not enough.

In the end they are a small team and need to feed their families as I'm sure this is not making them rich as it is all about $ for them rather than honoring their fan base.

This next version in a couple of months will be a couple of small changes with the same 1990s highlights. We have been conditioned to accept that and they will turn a nice profit when everyone's cricketing interest is picqued at world cup time.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
      I cannot argue with any of your points. I think the developers have got themselves in the horrible position of needing to make a new release every year in order to keep the money coming in so they can keep their heads above water.

When what they really need to do is take about three years off from making a release. Spend the first two years tearing down the current engine, graphics, interface and everything else that is 20 years old. But they may be scared that they will lose a big chunk of their fan base in that time and they will not have all the extra income that come from the new releases every year, although they did say on here they have secured more funding it still probably is not enough.

In the end they are a small team and need to feed their families as I'm sure this is not making them rich as it is all about $ for them rather than honoring their fan base.

This next version in a couple of months will be a couple of small changes with the same 1990s highlights. We have been conditioned to accept that and they will turn a nice profit when everyone's cricketing interest is picqued at world cup time.
      How do I win at 20/20 though lol, I've been through the forums, they are not even here explaining how it should work are they.. It is exactly the same game, no modifications, absolutely embarrassing, if they were on here answering questions we ask them, etc, then maybe we could cope with it, but it's laughable 20/20..

I've started an Ireland game for a laugh, mainly because I wanted to start a team from scratch, I'm in the second season, and I have had 5 tests scheduled in five series, with no warm up games, how am I meant to find out who is any good, the database is too good for the game, I saw your comment about afghanistan having no first class cricket, I wouldn't be able to have that, the game needs to grow with the database.. They'll put womens cricket in first before they do anything, I guarantee that... That will be the next big change to come..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	flag.png
Views:	3053
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	65498

Too busy flagging posts haha to answer questions about the game, I did wonder why there wasn't more people being critical of the situation I must admit...
        Attached Files

Comment

Yay somebody else wanting women’s cricket, I got shot down when... oh no, wait!

To be fair the game costs what... £18 minus discount? Not £40+ console style.

This did start from a uni dorm or something didn’t it?

I heard a rumour that they’ve got some extra funds but that may just be a rumour. If you want game play and graphics then buy the Big Ant console games (In the hope that they’re not broken this time!). This is a management game and there’s a lot of options in terms of who you can play as.

I too would like more and better things and can understand your frustrations but I get a kick out of making an uncapped international player a 10,000 run, 1000 wicket machine and have played some epic matches... but yeah, 100 not out off 40 balls batsman blocking in the last over of a T20I... bit frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
            Yay somebody else wanting women’s cricket, I got shot down when... oh no, wait!
            Everyone would love women's cricket in the game.

But we know that if it was added that it would come at the expense of another feature which could potentially make for better gameplay.

CC fans want more depth in the game - not more layers

Originally posted by Silly Point View Post
            I heard a rumour that they’ve got some extra funds but that may just be a rumour.
            Not a rumour. From the "Suggestions for next version" thread:

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

CC2019 is in the plans for definite. Online has suffered in the past as we've had some serious awkward issues with our complete interface rebuild from the 2014 version onwards. We've made some seriously good progress on that this year. Online is horrific to debug, not only with log files generating 100s of thousands of lines of information that we have to look through and comparee when we test, but the awkward scenario of us having to play ourselves on the same machine with the game running side-by-side!

In general the game has seen a switch to mobile platforms from Desktop, which will also have an impact on people's playing behaviour (single vs multi player) within the game.

Business wise, this year we've hit a big milestone in doing all our own publishing on Steam and mobile platforms, this is a huge goal for a small company like us with a small turnover to hit and means we can invest more money back in to the game in the future.
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PaulNewman67 View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	flag.png Views:	0 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	65498

Too busy flagging posts haha to answer questions about the game, I did wonder why there wasn't more people being critical of the situation I must admit...
              I win a lot at T20 so I will share what works for me.

You need to select the right players. This means no defensive batsman and not too many average aggression. Also not many expensive bowlers and use mostly seamers.

If you have expensive bowlers you want to bowl them out early to try and get early wickets, and use your most economical bowlers at the death. Spinners go for a lot more boundaries than seamers so you only really want one spinner. Also use this to target opposition spinners by using higher batting aggression against them.

You need to be aware of the conditions. Sometimes they are not as good/bad as they make out, but they form a great guideline of how the pitch is likely to play. If conditions are great for batting use higher batting aggression and lower bowling aggression and vice versa.
              Last edited by bryce87; 04-11-2019, 11:37 PM.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                I win a lot at T20 so I will share what works for me.

You need to select the right players. This means no defensive batsman and not too many average aggression. Also not many expensive bowlers and use mostly seamers.

If you have expensive bowlers you want to bowl them out early to try and get early wickets, and use your most economical bowlers at the death. Spinners go for a lot more boundaries than seamers so you only really want one spinner. Also use this to target opposition spinners by using higher batting aggression against them.

You need to be aware of the conditions. Sometimes they are not as good/bad as they make out, but they form a great guideline of how the pitch is likely to play. If conditions are great for batting use higher batting aggression and lower bowling aggression and vice versa.
                Cheers for the advice, I just think my player pool is suited to longer formats, they are my best players, I'm ireland, it's the lack of games that are killing me, I like to try loads of players and watch them in warm ups etc, see how they play, there's no warm up games, I basically have a team of pretty average aggression players, but i reckon if i stick at it, I will get results in the end, even from just messing about with my length against Zimbabawe in the last game I went from 14 an over to about 7 but they were chasing a small total, I beat them 2-1 in the 50 over, I expected it to be close, but they just hammered me all over the place, tbh I don't really mess with length, spinners will bowl normal etc, but I may even tinker with it in longer formats every now and again.. Like you have persuaded yourself technique does nothing, I have persuaded myself they bowl when they like.. In fact, I'm not averse to watching every ball now and again in the field, and I know they do haha.. I've tried to literally bounce people out, they just don't bowl it short enough lol.. It's an OK game though, but frustrating as it just doesn't improve.. Shame really, old Football Manager does alright, but there is some dubioys sports sims out there, this is one of the more acceptable ones, though..

Comment

not been very successful at t20 more successful in 50 an first class/test cricket. adding women profiles would be great

Comment

Originally posted by PaulNewman67 View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	flag.png
Views:	3053
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	65498

Due to ongoing spam issues, content of which can be very nasty, our auto-approval system is pretty harsh on new users. No offense intended on our part for that. I've approved the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X