Auto fielding set for FC/ODI/T20 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto fielding set for FC/ODI/T20 ??

An extreme newbie not only on this game but in cricket too. Struggling first and formost in bowling/fielding in CC2018.
    I have seen that depending on how aggression is put for the bowler the "auto"field is set also based on the type of bowler. Surely I have to trust that these settings are what the AI use in the same manners. So letting it rest and just go with the flow might be a correct thing.
    HOWEVER.
    With the knowledge of Powerplay on ODI and T20 I wonder if the AI (both against me and for me) can handle these different settings. I have read lots of threads on fielding settings and special custom settings. Found some old pre-made settings on all formats of the game too. Some "real" info pages on how to set a field is scanned over. Bugger me it's a science in it's own.

Question basically is should I just trust the AI (on my side) to select proper fieldings when I bowl or start "messing" with these other custom setups. I read a little about fielding settings and understood I needed to learn more before digging into this area.

Lets hope some of you much more experience fellows can put me on the right road to master this game.
    I'm sure I return and ask more about bowling when I digged deeper into the game. It takes forever to scan over years of threads picking the info I think can help.

I win enough games just using default settings.

I used custom in the last version for limited overs but they don't make so much of a difference in this version.

However I have played very good players online who use a lot of custom fields with great success.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Another thing on fielding is the unknown issue of who is a good fielder or not. OK, catches can be seen in stats, but that is just a minimum. How fast are different players, even seeing leaps in the air as some are capable to do. Nothing seen or noted in this game. Would love to have seen more details on the fielders and perhaps if they should be positioned differenly.
      Or is it just to "depend" on the AI to put them in right places on the fields. I tend to compare with baseball. Having a 1B player on center field would be disastrous, as an example.

Must say I haven't seen indication (like ref signal, or or any note on screen) when a power plays starts. Looking at the fielding placement when I know such is starting I seldom see any increase of protecting boundaries. The field is mostly setup as normal, unless the aggression is put on very very low (none on the bar).

Digging in to learn about the sport that has been dormant with me for 25 years since leaving Australia.
      Thanks for any advice mate. Trying to read tons on threads here to boost my knowldege and how this game is handling the finer details.

Comment

Working...
      X