No announcement yet.

South African players who missed the window but played on the Rebel Tours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Hallmitchell, many thanks, but I`ve read this article before, good article though. I`ve now started collecting South African Cricket Annuals for the years that S.A. were banned.
    I`m hoping that they might give me an insight, to their possible teams/squads for those years, and pitting them against the countries they never played ie West Indies, Pakistan, India & Sri Lanka. Should be interesting.
    I also agree with you, in that it`s a pity that Allan Lamb, Tony Greig, Keppler Wessels & John Traicos, can`t play for 2 countries. There is no doubt, that had there not been a ban, they would have continued their international careers with S.A.

Comment

Hi Sureshot could you please ensure on the next update, that Eddie Barlow is given all-rounder status, I`ve played 2 test series against South Africa, and not once has he been used as a bowler. Bearing in mind his record, this doesn`t seem right. many thanks. Still love the game though.

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
        Hi Sureshot could you please ensure on the next update, that Eddie Barlow is given all-rounder status, I`ve played 2 test series against South Africa, and not once has he been used as a bowler. Bearing in mind his record, this doesn`t seem right. many thanks. Still love the game though.
        Good point, I've changed him on my side. Not quite sure when next patch will be, we want to do an update that will pick up every player who has debuted during the Eng Dom season, so might be another couple of weeks, but not 100% on that right now.

Comment

Hj Sureshot, I know that you`re looking to do an update soon, so, being the pain that I am, and being obsessed with South African Cricketers who represented their country in unofficial Tests and ODI`s, could I chuck in 5 more names. They played in ODI`s R.M. Bentley L.J. Barnard A.M. Ferreira B.A. Matthews & T.R. Madsen.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, pleased to see that Eddie Barlow has been reinstated as an allrounder, but I was also hoping that Franklyn Stephenson & Gary Watson would be included in the update.
            I hope that if you do another update in the near future, you will consider adding these 2 with the 5 from my previous post. I promise you that I won`t pester you any more.

Comment

Hi again Sureshot, it appears that I can`t keep a promise. Let me explain, since you added a large number of S.A, cricketers, I`ve bought a few South African Cricket Annuals, finding more players who represented S.A. in either ODI`s or as part of a S.A, Invitation XI. After my last post, I found 2 more. P. Amm & R.L.S. Armitage. The End.

Comment

Hi Sureshot, will there be another update soon?

Comment

This is excelent information I rely on Wisden which didn't cover the "Non-White" compertitions in SA during the 70's. I've got a possible fixture list which I'll try (minimum 1 non-white per XI and 3 in the tour 18). Will post the results as I go. The period will be 1970 England to 75-76 v Aust (SA) & to India.

Comment

I`ve found another name to add to my ever growing collection, Jack Heron, opener for Rhodesia, played for a S.A. invitation XI.

Comment

Hallmitchell & Springbok70 might like to comment on this. Wisden 2006 pg.79 in "Setting the records straight" had a list of the dozen or so leading Non-White players in the SABOC First-class competition. Should they be added to the SA database?

Comment

Hi Trevfromsussex&Oz, a number of Non-White players have already been listed on the database, but if you have more, list them, and I`m sure that the powers that be, will add them eventually.
                        I`m still hoping that the additions that I`ve already put forward will be included soon.

Comment

Here they are, AR means All-rounder. Y. Omar (Natal), K. Majola (EP) AR, H. Lorgat (EP/Tvl), S. Magiet (WP), M. Abdullah (Tvl/WP), M.M. Khan (Natal) AR, G.B. Cuddumbey (EP), S. Gabriels (Tvl/WP) AR, F. Timol (Natal), V.A. Barnes (Tvl/WP), A. Jabaar (Tvl/WP), S. Draai (EP), A.A. Manack (Tvl/WP).
                          Kris Majola & Haroon Lorgat both did terms as President of SA Cricket post '94. As a note when he played cricket in Adelaide 1970-71 B.A. Richards rated Babboo Ebrahim the best slow left-arm bowler in the world. Richards was trying to interest the Australians in having him immigrate.

Comment

Hi all, for anyone out there who likes to play old test series, I`ve just discovered a site called Test Cricket Tours. Now I know that many of you are more computer savvy than me, and you may have viewed this site before, but in a previous forum, where it was asked what you would like to see improved in C.C.2019, I suggested adding players that never played Test Cricket, but were selected for tours. The information on test cricket tours is fantastic, not only giving you the squad selected, but those that were overlooked during the selection process. I thoroughly recommend this to cricket fans everywhere.

Comment

Thank you!!! I assume this is it? http://test-cricket-tours.co.uk/page_1641227.html

Comment

Hi Hallmitchell, yes, this is the site. What do you think of it?

Comment

Working...
                                X