[Story] | Australia's Darkest Sporting Day - From Turmoil to Triumph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Story] | Australia's Darkest Sporting Day - From Turmoil to Triumph

Hi guys, figured an Australian journey would paint quite an interesting picture starting off a journey from basically the same position as real life, (with regards to the whole ball tampering saga) but with certain alterations I would have pushed for.

As mentioned, there will be certain alterations I will run through in the coming posts, just detailing certain changes I would have made, and while several may not make a great deal of sense it can add to the immersion of the story. Apologies in advance if you aren't a fan of the admin side of stories, I will admit I'd been planning this story for a few weeks so I do have some stuff lined up.

In terms of my aim, I'm looking to go hyper-realistic. I'm going to run the Allan Border Medal at the conclusion of each season, which I have set-up spreadsheets and documents for recording data until we get to that point. I have also set separate spreadsheets for all three formats top 20 all-time performers, to keep track of how the fresh talent matches up with the all-time greats. Each format has a top 20 detailing just about everything you could ask for. We have captain spreadsheets, cap number spreadsheets so if you like your stats this may be the story below.

Let's kick off with the first bit of admin. Hopefully you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CEO James Sutherland has left effective immediately, as has High Performance Manager Pat Howard. Sutherland's position has been deemed untenable after the ball tampering fiasco. For Pat Howard, it is simply a case of team performance not being of a high enough standard, and as such reached a mutual agreement with CA that he would move on. A thorough search will be conducted in order to fulfil both these roles within Cricket Australia.

Team personnel will also face a few changes.

Head Coach: Justin Langer

Batting Coach: Graeme Hick

Fast Bowling Coach: David Hick

Spin Bowling Coach: John Davison

Fielding Coach: Brad Haddin

Fielding Consultant: Mike Young

From the structure that exists currently (shown above) several alterations will be made as Cricket Australia endeavours to push forward a new era of excellence. Justin Langer has taken over as coach, his duties will be specifically around the Test side. Our One Day International & T20 coach will be announced in the coming weeks, as we feel the load is better managed split and will allow for a better on-field performance. A further statement will be made in the coming weeks focused around the coaching structure going forward.

Cricket Australia would also like to announce David Saker has joined Darren Lehmann in stepping down from his current role as bowling coach. His request has been granted, and again this will be addressed in the coming weeks.

Finally, as is well known, the trio of Cameron Bancroft, Steven Smith, David Warner have been banned from representing Cricket Australia for the next nine and 12 months. Cricket Australia is in full compliance with the penalties handed down, and upon completion of an in-house, separate investigation we take this opportunity to issue a further suspension to David Warner that will last for his cricketing career.

So, with that, and just to wrap up what is quite a long opening post, Tim Paine will indeed be the 46th Test captain, however I intend to go a different direction with the shorter formats and Tim will not be leading the One Day International side.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
        Looking forward to this!
        Thanks pal! Much appreciated.

Comment

CEO & High-Performance Manager Announcement

Cricket Australia are delighted to announce that former Australian Test Captain, and current Director of Cricket Australia has accepted the position of CEO that he will commence in the coming weeks. Taylor will lead after former CEO James Sutherland resigned following the ball tampering saga. Mark has always been held in high regard by the powers that be and this is a natural step for him to make.

In a somewhat perfect storm for Taylor, Channel Nine failing to secure the broadcast rights going forward has meant he secured pole position in the race for the top job, as the lost rights has effectively severed commentary ties going into the future.

Taylor is very excited to be leading this great nation back to where it should be - #1 in all formats.

In other news today, former Test opening batsman Chris Rogers has been promoted to High Performance Manager. Following Howard's mutual termination, and several years of criticism from former players (quotes below) Rogers will begin work to restore performance. Joining Ryan Harris in promotion from the National Performance squad, Rogers excelled in his very short stint in the program and looms as a very astute selection.

Stuart Clark on Pat Howard -

"I wouldn't have signed Pat Howard again ? I wouldn't have signed Pat Howard in the first place," Clark said on Fox Sports' Bill and Boz Show.

"I think he's useless, personally."

"I don't think Pat Howard should be doing that (job). I've said it all along and my opinion hasn't changed," Clark said.

Shane Warne -

"Cricket will turn around lack of a plan & a cricket strategy," he wrote on his Twitter account.

"As I said last night we need cricket people running the team & who understand cricket & what's required at the top level, not muppets!
          Last edited by Rumblah; 07-17-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Sureshot everytime I edit a post it's being marked as spam and needing approval. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
              Sureshot everytime I edit a post it's being marked as spam and needing approval. Is there anything that can be done about this?
              Having the same issue here, posted something saturday night that still hasn't displayed yet.

Any news Sureshot?

Comment

Just going to check some settings.

Comment

Australian One Day & T20 Coach Announcement

A press conference has been called at this time to divulge the news that Ricky Ponting will be taking the head coach role for both the One Day International, and T20 side. Ricky's pedigree as a player is obviously well known, as is his brilliant ability to lead from the front and drag others along for the ride, something we trust to continue as head coach.

While having small smaller coaching roles within CA previously, Ricky has also ventured abroad with stints coaching the Mumbai Indians, and more recently the Delhi Daredevils. Ricky created an environment that saw his Mumbai side claim the IPL Trophy in 2015 before making a move this year to Delhi.

We look forward to what Ricky will bring our short form teams and are convinced he is the right man for the job.

With regards to on-field leadership, we'd also like to announce Travis Head as the captain of our One Day and T20 sides and will be backed up by Aaron Finch for the ODI's and Alex Carey for the T20's. Travis will be the 25th One Day International captain and at 24 years of age has lead domestic sides very well. We feel he is the best man to take us forward and reach the heights expected of the Australian short form sides. Travis Head will also become the 11th Australian T20 captain, much for the same reasons mentioned above apply here and even though he has just the ten International T20 caps to his name, his leadership throughout his domestic sides has always impressed those around him.

Finally, last but certainly not least, we're delighted to announce Mitchell Marsh as Tim Paine's deputy in the Test side. After his superb return to the national side making his first two Test match hundreds, we feel like this is the perfect opportunity for Mitch to bring his leadership into the fold and really develop into a voice the players, staff and public will look to.
                  Last edited by Rumblah; 07-17-2018, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Australian Bowling Coach Announcement

Ryan Harris has continued his rapid rise through the Cricket Australia coaching fraternity after today being named lead bowling coach by the new regime. Harris enjoyed the late career run in the national setup making his debut at the age of 29. Since that point he quickly became a focal point of the bowling unit taking 113 Test wickets at 23.52 from just 27 Tests. Injury cut an already shortened career further after an incredible six years in the national setup.

Post playing days, Harris quickly turned his mind to developing the next wave of cricketers with a variety of roles with Australia, Queensland and the Brisbane Heat before being formally announced as part of the National Performance Squad's coaching staff less than 18 months ago. Today marks another step in Harris' journey and we look forward to his personal development within the role and that of the players he'll work with.

Comment

ONE DAY SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENT - TOUR OF ENGLAND

Last edited by Rumblah; 07-17-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Interesting to see white in the squad, did you consider khawaja?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                          Interesting to see white in the squad, did you consider khawaja?
                          Didn't really want to include White to be honest, more a lack of depth when assessing who was available at the time. Uz isn't really super high in my thoughts for the shorter formats, I think he was only averaging about eight or nine in the lead up as well so couldn't pick him based off that.

Comment

FIRST ODI v ENGLAND IN ENGLAND - SOUTH LONDON

England XI:

J BAIRSTOW
                            A HALES
                            J ROY
                            J ROOT
                            B STOKES
                            E MORGAN
                            J BUTTLER
                            C WOAKES
                            D WILLEY
                            A RASHID
                            L PLUNKETT

Australia XI:

D SHORT
                            A FINCH
                            T HEAD
                            S MARSH
                            M STOINIS
                            G MAXWELL
                            A CAREY
                            A AGAR
                            K RICHARDSON
                            A TYE
                            B STANLAKE

Click image for larger version  Name:	mYG5of2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	341.0 KB ID:	63844

Notable moments -

> D'Arcy Short makes his ODI debut, becoming the 225th player to represent Australia in this format.

> Travis Head makes his captaincy debut, he is the 25th Australian to be presented this honour.

> England won the toss and elected to bat first.

> D'Arcy Short makes the first ODI fifty of his career, coming off 51 balls.

> D'Arcy Short having some sort of debut, smashing a hundred off 96 deliveries.

Australia lead the five match series 1 - 0.
                            Last edited by Rumblah; 07-18-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Brilliant work with this story so far mate. Really really enjoying it. Kudos for the amount of effort you are putting into it. Cheers mate - am following with great interest!

Comment

Working...
                              X