Five things cc fans want from cc19!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s-brooks View Post
    Best addition to cc19 would be player attributes, there is currently no real way to distinguish a player except international form or form in county cricket.

Rate batsman from 1-20 for every original training criteria:
    General Technique, Off Side Shots, Leg Side Shots, Spin Bowling, Fast Bowling, Front Foot Technique, Back Foot Technique, Defensive Technique, Aggressive Shots, Opener, Middle Order

Rate bowlers from 1-20 for every original training criteria:
    General Technique, Defensive Bowling, Aggressive Bowling, Defensive OD Bowling, Aggressive OD Bowling

Rate fielders from 1-20 from every original training criteria:
    Ground Fielding, Catching/Keeping

This would be a great upgrade as it will benefit many aspects of the game. You could now determine whether all players are good enough and where batsmen should play in your team and if bowlers suit your fields and where fielders should be positioned based on catching ability.

I would still prefer ratings to remain mostly hidden. What does need improving is more information on the batsman other than just aggression, front/back foot and off/leg side preferences. Same applies to bowlers which we know even less about other than their bowling type and figures. Is a fast-medium a hit the deck bowler to seam the ball or prefers to pitch the ball up to swing the ball. This would also help us judge the right bowlers for the conditions that are played in.

If a batsman has preference for front foot and leg side it doesn't really tells us if they are weak on the back foot or off side. Currently some one thats strong on off side and strong on front foot does not tell us which is weaker of the two. This is where coaches should come in and inform us that the batsman is strong on the front foot, but he is not weak on the back foot even though he has strong front foot preference, but need to improve his leg side more than his back foot. The only way the player can determine this himself is through looking at where he is scoring his shots and how he is playing and missing or getting out. But, this does not automatically determine anything as man batsmen miss or get out from playing to their strengths.

More feedback from training is required to inform us if there are signs of improvements being made other than a message that may or may not ever appear telling us that they've improved on a weakness or strength.

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post

I would still prefer ratings to remain mostly hidden. What does need improving is more information on the batsman other than just aggression, front/back foot and off/leg side preferences. Same applies to bowlers which we know even less about other than their bowling type and figures. Is a fast-medium a hit the deck bowler to seam the ball or prefers to pitch the ball up to swing the ball. This would also help us judge the right bowlers for the conditions that are played in.

If a batsman has preference for front foot and leg side it doesn't really tells us if they are weak on the back foot or off side. Currently some one thats strong on off side and strong on front foot does not tell us which is weaker of the two. This is where coaches should come in and inform us that the batsman is strong on the front foot, but he is not weak on the back foot even though he has strong front foot preference, but need to improve his leg side more than his back foot. The only way the player can determine this himself is through looking at where he is scoring his shots and how he is playing and missing or getting out. But, this does not automatically determine anything as man batsmen miss or get out from playing to their strengths.

More feedback from training is required to inform us if there are signs of improvements being made other than a message that may or may not ever appear telling us that they've improved on a weakness or strength.
      I agree, there has to be more information to a batsman other than strong front foot or back foot preference because this does not give you any confidence if he is a potential superstar. This also links back to the match engine needing to be more tactical: a batsman who is said to be good on the front foot does not mean you should bowl short. There is not enough information available to really expose a batsman's weakness as a fielding side as a result. Also, I do not mind if ratings are hidden (so it seems this will always be the case), but there has to be another way of judging a batsman as opposed to his wanted salary and form in county cricket. I said an idea earlier, have a scouting system with potential abilities and current abilities to differentiate between players. Yes, coaches in real life do not have access to 'actual ratings' but at least have some scouts in place for selection. Anyway, all other sports game have ratings even if they are not 'realistic' but they make the game more interesting and even. For example, playing in the All-Time Great Series on the game, there is nothing that distinguishes Ricky Ponting from Michael Carberry at the moment. Bowlers as well do not have any abilities to play better on certain surfaces, Mitchell Johnson bowls as well as Jimmy Anderson in Australia but the former in real life is obviously more suited to the conditions.

Comment

I'd be happy with additional animations for fielding and batting.

Comment

I hope the transfer window to buy players at the end of each season has been revamped!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzy View Post
            I hope the transfer window to buy players at the end of each season has been revamped!
            Wouldn't that be great? Imagine being able to access the player pool at any stage of the domestic game?

It sounds like they have done some work on #4 and #5, as well as adding SLW bowlers, but hopefully that is not the lot!
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
              Wouldn't that be great? Imagine being able to access the player pool at any stage of the domestic game?

It sounds like they have done some work on #4 and #5, as well as adding SLW bowlers, but hopefully that is not the lot!
              I feel the match engine is pretty much spot on, all though we’ve needed the transfer system revamped and a tour creator for the last 2/3 versions at least.

Comment

Lol why you guys waste your energy year after year when they only update the database and add couple of tiny new features here and there?

Comment

Its really a shame when they include Slw spinners and new agg bars as a highlights for the worldcup year version, truly pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                    Its really a shame when they include Slw spinners and new agg bars as a highlights for the worldcup year version, truly pathetic.
                    Oh but did you forget the new test championship? Haha and it is not new agg "bars" - it is one new agg "bar". This one will probably allow one six hit for every play and miss.

Yes the developers have tried to condition us to be contented with crumbs.

I am skeptical that the player generation has improved. Young players such as Abhishek Sharma and Jason Sangha should be having big seasons from the beginning of the game. Instead they have poor second team averages and sit on the bench for the start of the game. Regen players come along and take over.

The network game is so unstable. These recent updates seem to have done nothing. I cannot even play a game if I am traveling on a bus/train because as soon as the signal changes it disconnects you. Disconnections should not even be a thing in 2019!

YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

Lol why you guys waste your energy year after year when they only update the database and add couple of tiny new features here and there?
                      Because I ultimately do enjoy the game every year even if not much changes. It’s only £20 a year, which I am happy to spend on a game that I spend countless hours on.

I do share your frustration in what feels like exploitation though. Especially this year, it seems the least amount of features/improvement have come compared to any other version release of the game. Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post

Because I ultimately do enjoy the game every year even if not much changes. It’s only £20 a year, which I am happy to spend on a game that I spend countless hours on.

I do share your frustration in what feels like exploitation though. Especially this year, it seems the least amount of features/improvement have come compared to any other version release of the game. Very disappointing.
                        +1

Especially given the extra funding they claimed to now have access to
                        YouTube
                        Facebook

Comment

Because we enjoy the game!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                            I cannot even play a game if I am traveling on a bus/train because as soon as the signal changes it disconnects you. Disconnections should not even be a thing in 2019!
                            You might be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post

Believe it or not, there is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to improve what this game delivers.

Comment

A few outstanding annoyances with the graphic animations have been fixed too.

The OD and T20 games are more realistic as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X