This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
    Appreciate you guys regularly looking at the this thread to tweak players as well as being proactive in who you end up deciding to change!

Patrick Brown of Worcestershire is perhaps a bit overrated, as he gets selected for England in Test matches quite soon by the AI and does very well. Irl he is definitely a talent, but not been selected for England Lions even yet, let alone being considered for England. He's also currently only getting selected for limited over formats irl. The likes of James Porter, Lewis Gregory, Olly Stone, Saqib Mahmood, etc are guys that could more realistically get picked for England in the near future (all either represented England Lions or actually already played for England as is the case for Olly Stone).

Australia:

D'arcy Short is a T20I regular for Australia irl but doesn't really get picked in-game by the AI for this format. He's also on the fringes of the ODI side but that isn't reflected in-game>

Marcus Stoinis is another one who frequently gets selected for the limited over formats irl but in-game is almost never picked.

Tim Paine is the current Australian captain irl but almost never gets selected for the test side by the AI.

Marcus Harris doesn't get selected at all in-game tests but is the current test opener irl.

Kurtis Patterson doesn't get selected at all in-game in tests but recently scores a century for Australia so should be better/selected more in-game.

Shaun Marsh gets selected occasionally by the AI in tests but irl he will probably never be selected again due to several failures, old age and youngsters like Kurtis Patterson and some others performing in his place.

India:

Umesh Yadav probably deserves to be closer to test selection than he currently is in-game. Gets selected every now and then irl but isn't ever selected in-game.

Mohammad Shami is a test regular but in-game is never selected in tests. People like Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur and Deendyal Upadhyay are getting selected ahead of him.

Yuvendra Chahal is a very consistent performer for India in limited over formats irl, and gets selected whenever Ravindra Jadeja/Kuldeep Yadav doesn't. In-game he almost never gets selected and players like Abrar Kaziz and Washington Sundar get picked ahead of him.

Vijay Shankar also almost never gets picked for India in-game, and on the one game he did get picked in one of my saves, he didn't bowl (which he tends to do when picked irl). Irl he is seen as a talented all-rounder and is on the fringes of the limited over sides.

Kedar Jadhav seems to be underrated in-game. He performs very poorly when selected by the AI whereas irl he is a very consistent performer (averages in the 40s) when selected. Another one on the fringes who gets selected fairly frequently. He also doesn't bowl at all in-game, but irl he's almost become an all-rounder, having bowled in 21 out of the last 27 games he's played (in the games he didn't bowl, either India were bowled out very cheaply or the opposition were).

Dinesh Karthik should be closer to limited over selection in-game, considering he played a couple of the WC warm-up matches and played 12 ODIs and 19 T20Is in 2018-19 irl. Currently doesn't get selected at all in-game.

Ambati Rayudu should also be much closer to limited over selection in-game. He averages 47 in ODIs irl and was incredibly unlucky to be not be selected ahead of Vijay Shankar. He will certainly be close to selection after the WC irl. Currently never gets picked in-game.

Khaleel Ahmed is a very talented youngster 17 games between ODIs and T20s in 2018-19. In-game he never gets selected (so far in the couple of seasons I've played in my saves) in-game.

New Zealand:

BJ Watling is an irl test regular but never gets selected in-game for this format. This may be due to the AI seeing Tom Latham as a full-time keeper so not seeing the need to pick another player who is picked as a keeper?

Blair Tickner should be closer to New Zealand selection in at least T20Is. He played a game recently for them and performed decently and rattled some batsmen.

South Africa:

Rassie Van Der Dussen has started internation cricket with a bang and has become a regular in ODIs and T20Is, averaging 70 in ODIs and in the 30s in T20Is. In-game gets selected infrequently in tests, but never in limited over formats.

Dean Elgar is the first choice test opener irl but almost never gets selected in-game.

West Indies:

Alzari Joseph is a very talented fast bowler that's been selected in tests and ODIs quite a few times and performed very decently. In-game he never gets selected.

Oshane Thomas never gets selected in-game. Irl he is a talented player who just recently destroyed the Pakistan line-up in the WC game. He isn't a shoo-in for selected in every limited overs game, but is certainly competing with a few other seamers for regular selection.

Bangladesh:

Khaled Ahmed should be classed as an RMF as opposed to RM. He bowled 85mph+ in the tests he played recently. He is also never selected in-game and should be closer to selection than he currently is in-game.

Edabat Hossain is another who played a couple of tests recently and never gets selected in-game.

Rubel Hossain is always near ODI selection irl having played 97 ODIs so far, but in-game is never selected.

Mahmadullah is very underrated in-game. Irl he a regular for Bangladesh and is consider one of the big four batsmen of Bangladesh (Mushfiqur, Tamin and Shakib being the other 3). In-game he gets dropped from the limited over formats fairly quickly and doesn't even get selected in tests. He should be a regular in every format.

Ireland:

Tim Murtagh in-game very rarely gets selected. Irl he is perhaps Ireland's best bowler and a regular in ODIs and Tests.

Afghanistan:

Rahmat Shah is fairly underrated. He is one of Afghan's to best performers with the bat and should be a regular in Tests and ODIs. In-game he isn't picked often enough at all (picked in less than 50% of games).

Mohammad Nabi doesn't bowl enough at all in tests in-game. Irl he is one of Afghan's main bowlers. He also gets dropped a few times in tests, when irl he will never get dropped in any formats.
    Excellent feedback, also excellent from sureshot to Improve it.
    thank you

Comment

Didn't Sir Alastair Cook sign a three year contract. Starting up as Essex he is on a 1 year contract in-game. I fear he might retire in-game after just this 2019 season. Then again he might do so even IRL, but think he will honour the contract with Essex.

Not sure if the contracts are set in your DB or they are just fictive when one start up the game.

Alastair Cook signs a new three-year contract with Essex after announcing his retirement from England duty.

Then on the subject of missing players I think George Burrows are missing in Lancashire. He recently signed a full contract.
      https://cricket.lancashirecricket.co...th-lancashire/

Added.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-05-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Do these database changes take place without me having to restart my saves? In my save, Pujara is still classified as a test opener

Comment

Originally posted by LastWicket View Post
          Kent:

Bell-Drummond hasn't opened in FC since mid point on last season. Not sure if he should be made middle order or not. He does seem to bowl more now in FC and LA games, but don't think he is an alrounder.

Hmm, dropped DBD to OD/20 over opener.
          I simed through further on a season by using England and skipping matches. Noticed that Dickson has been bowling over DBD even though Dickson has only ever bowled 90 balls in all formats his entire career. Dickson in 11 matches has bowled 23 overs while DBD has bowled 3 overs in 12 matches. I would think their bowling abilities need to be swapped.

Dickson also bowled ahead of DBD in LA games.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlightning003 View Post
            Do these database changes take place without me having to restart my saves? In my save, Pujara is still classified as a test opener
            Unfortunately no, any changes will not be effective in your existing saves
            YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Greenlightning003 View Post
              As Bryce has said, whenever a new database is released in a patch you need a new save, your existing save will still work, it just won't pick up any changes. It's like this because the database is dynamic for every save and when you play a save various aspects change within it.

Comment

Been great to see one of the suggestions (though probably not because of my suggestion) has been added this year in the ability to select full World 11 sides opposed to just Country all time great teams.

Had a fantastic 5 match test series the other day and will definitely have another look into it again as there were a few players who were utterly dreadful in comparison to others!

Viv Richards was an absolute nightmare to bowl at, he actually felt like a real all time great in the game as he gave no chances and bullied all of my bowlers no matter what I did. McGrath also felt very accurate as he was incredibly consistent and chipped away with regular wickets at a decent average. However, Sangakarra (averaged 12), Warne (1 wicket in 70 overs at 5.5 an over), Muralitharan (averaged 65 with the ball + was useless on turning pitches), Kallis (absolutely woeful with the bat though useful with the ball), Dravid (averaged 10) and Sobers (terrible with bat and ball) were absolutely dreadful in this! I will definitely give this another go in the future but those players mentioned did feel in game as though they weren't anywhere near good enough to compete which does feel very strange, as almost every other player on both teams at least had the odd moment. I only mention these players as rating wise something felt really off to them as Warne in particular barely created a chance the entire series and felt nowhere near the level of a decent County player so perhaps some ratings there aren't quite right?

It really was incredibly satisfying to do. Had a real modern (ish) 11 versus players from around 1995 and previous and my modern 11 got absolutely battered mainly by Lillee, Bradman and Richards 3-1 with a flukey draw
                Last edited by ashhh; 06-05-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

The latest patch is live, this contains an updated database, I'm now up to date on here. Thank you all so much for your brilliant feedback, I feel that in space of under a week we've made great progress.

Comment

Not sure how you will do this one but Kent have signed Hardus Viljoen (still a Kolpak) for the T20 this year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48526132

Comment

• Originally posted by LastWicket View Post

I simed through further on a season by using England and skipping matches. Noticed that Dickson has been bowling over DBD even though Dickson has only ever bowled 90 balls in all formats his entire career. Dickson in 11 matches has bowled 23 overs while DBD has bowled 3 overs in 12 matches. I would think their bowling abilities need to be swapped.

Dickson also bowled ahead of DBD in LA games.
                      Yeah DBD is approaching an all-rounder but isn't quite there yet. He should still be a batsmen but should definitely bowl ahead of Dickson whose bowling is woeful IRL. I haven't checked Alex Blake's bowling in the game, but IRL he is now bowling off-spin not RM. Again, he is very much part-time but would be ahead of Dickson in the bowling pecking order. Ideally he's still a batter who might bowl the occasional over in a white ball game.

Changed Blake to off-spin.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Is the game meant to have historical world cups?? I can't find any?

Comment

• Can something be done about the cluttered stats? Having 9 sets of data on one page is overwhelming to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hallmitchell View Post
                            Is the game meant to have historical world cups?? I can't find any?
                            Not at the moment.

Comment

• Awesome 19.03 update! A few more observations on West Indies;

WEST INDIES

Shane Dowrich bats higher than Shai Hope & Roston Chase at No. 4. He should be a No. 6/7 wicket-keeper batsman.

Changed Dowrich to bat at 6 in Tests.

Miguel Cummins opens the bowling and bowls at least 30% of the overs in the innings. Whereas, when Shannon Gabriel is selected along with him, he is bowling second change after Jason Holder! This needs to be corrected. Also, Kemar Roach & Gabriel are opening bowlers, Alzarri Joseph is always 1st or 2nd change bowler. In the game, Cummins & Joseph bowl opening and around 60% of the overs.

Roston Chase hardly bowls, same with Jason Holder. In real life, they bowl a lot of overs in Tests.

Evin Lewis batting at No. 6 in ODI's! It will never happen. Shai Hope opening the batting in ODI's, also unlikely! Kemar Roach bowling as 5th bowler in ODI's, also very unlikely...

Hope has opened a couple of times, seems to be settled in the middle order now, have changed him to a middle order play. Lewis wasn't batting at #6 for me, but have set him to open at #2.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Shawn Hicks (Otago) retired Retired
                                Henry Shipley (Canterbury) allrounder Changed

Bhuvneshwar Kumar & Hardik Pandya both RMF (both bowl upward of 140km) You sure on Hardik? He looked like a low 80s average bowler yesterday. Changed Bhuvneshwar.

Mohammad Abbas RFM (127km average speed) Changed
                                Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 02:24 PM.
                                YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X