Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In South Africa, Shaun von Berg Titans has moved to the Knights. Ryan McLaren (Knights) has retired from all forms, as well as Morne van Wyk (Dolphins). Romano Terblanche (Free State) should be in Knights squad.

Comment

• Jasprit Bumrah needs to be RF. Hits 150 sometimes. Changed.

For RCB, this is the starting XI that the AI picks,

Virat Kohl
      Marcus Stoinis
      Gurkeerat Singh
      AB de Villiers
      Akshdeep Nath
      Himmat Singh
      Shivam Dubey
      Milind Kumar
      Washington Sundar
      Pavan Negi
      Dale Steyn

Yuzvendra Chahal is missing. Probably one of the best bowlers in the IPL currently.
      Hetmyer, Moeen Ali aren't picked in favor of people like Milind Kumar and Himmat Singh who haven't ever played an IPL game.
      In general, I have seen that this is a general trend in previous games as well. AI picks fewer and fewer overseas players in the IPL as the seasons go on.
      Shivam Dube and Marcus Stoinis aren't full bowlers. AI needs to pick 4 bowlers along with them.

In batting order picks, I have noticed that backup openers are frequently slotted at no. 5 and 6 ahead of proper middle order batsmen.

I've tweaked Moeen, Hetmyer and Chahal's AI selection, I've talked to Chris about AI picking overseas players.
      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Mumbai Indians starting XI

Rohit Sharma
        Quinton de Kock
        Ishan Kishan
        Anmolpreet SIngh
        Siddesh Lad
        Evin Lewis
        Hardik Pandya
        Anukul Roy
        Mayank Markande
        Jasprit Bumrah
        Lasith Malinga

Again, only 3 foreigners are chosen. Surely, Kieron Pollard is better than one of the young middle order players like Lad or Anmolpreet.
        Krunal Pandya needs to start ahead of Roy

Comment

• Originally posted by giantshank View Post
          In general, I have seen that this is a general trend in previous games as well. AI picks fewer and fewer overseas players in the IPL as the seasons go on.
          Exactly right. This is down to how constrained the budgets become in the IPL. Teams will just stop using overseas players altogether and the best players do not get signed by anyone because the AI cannot finance a squad of 18 with them on their books.

Discussing with Chris.

Nathan Coulter-Nile is RMF, rarely gets over 140km

Changed.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

• Reminder everyone to put your reviews up on STEAM! 13 on there at the moment and i know there is a lot more playing the game than that! Thank you.

Comment

• 87 era World XI to play South Africa - 1. Gooch. 2. Greendige. 3 V.Richards. 4. A.Border. 5. J. Miandad. 6. I. Khan. 7. S.Yousuf. 8. K.Dev. 9. R.Hadlee. 10. M.Marshall. 11. A.Qadir.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantshank View Post
                Jasprit Bumrah needs to be RF. Hits 150 sometimes.

For RCB, this is the starting XI that the AI picks,

Virat Kohl
                Marcus Stoinis
                Gurkeerat Singh
                AB de Villiers
                Akshdeep Nath
                Himmat Singh
                Shivam Dubey
                Milind Kumar
                Washington Sundar
                Pavan Negi
                Dale Steyn

Yuzvendra Chahal is missing. Probably one of the best bowlers in the IPL currently.
                Hetmyer, Moeen Ali aren't picked in favor of people like Milind Kumar and Himmat Singh who haven't ever played an IPL game.
                Shivam Dube and Marcus Stoinis aren't full bowlers. AI needs to pick 4 bowlers along with them.

In batting order picks, I have noticed that backup openers are frequently slotted at no. 5 and 6 ahead of proper middle order batsmen.
                Lol, this feels very bad, as this are the basics which we need in this game , Pls Pls consider it. Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                  Shawn Hicks (Otago) retired
                  Henry Shipley (Canterbury) allrounder

Bhuvneshwar Kumar & Hardik Pandya both RMF (both bowl upward of 140km)

Mohammad Abbas RFM (127km average speed)
                  I had this debate a couple of years ago with the developers, they believe that the speed of bowlers should be M - FM - MF - F instead of M - MF - FM - F

Although I could not find any evidence to support this idea, I guess you have to assume that MF means FM while playing the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

I had this debate a couple of years ago with the developers, they believe that the speed of bowlers should be M - FM - MF - F instead of M - MF - FM - F

Although I could not find any evidence to support this idea, I guess you have to assume that MF means FM while playing the game.
                    I am siding with the developers on this one as I believe that, intuitively, a medium fast is quicker the a fast medium
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

• Regarding the issue of current young players being under rated and being replaced by generated players I feel it is inevitable these young players will be replaced with such poor 2nd XI averages. Even if you insist these 2nd team stats dont directly determine a players ability how can you expect a player who has performed so badly at 2nd team standard to perform consistently at international level? I am not saying all these averages should be buffed up such as a 2nd team batting average of 60 or bowling average of under 20 but even if a couple of the emerging players are given a much better average it will definitely help reduce the chance of young emerging players being replaced by Regens. However it is also important every single one of these young players dont take over the game but instead there should be a higher chance atleast for some of these emerging talents to actually be good enough to play at the international level. Whilst I believe some of these players should have much better stats, I insist you boost all current young players by a small amount. For example take Shaheen Shah Afridi who in cc2018 had played international cricket for pakistan yet his 2nd team average was so poor and he was extremely useless in the game. For cc 2019 he has now been buffed up to a bowling average of 19 but I wish this was the case in cc 2018 rather than giving the player a bowling average over 35. Even if his bowlong average in cc2018 was 25 it would have been much more understandable. This is the same case with Mohammad Hasnain who has played international cricket yet his second team average is over 35 and so he is almost useless in the game whereas he is an exciting talent in reality. If his average was 25 rather than 35 it woukd be much more realistic as he is a very good player and has proved at the domestic level just not internationally yet. I also belive occasionally 1 or 2 current emerging youngsters should be given outstanding statistics although it is important this is not overused to keep this game realistic.

Comment

• Billy Root of Glamorgan needs a rating increase and should be batting at no. 5. He has averaged 60+ in both ODs and FCs but in-game performs fairly averagely and bats as low as 7/8.

Would also like to mention that I agree with IG34. Almost all the current youth players are severely underrated and are never picked by the AI due to how lowly they are rated. To make the game more realistic and allowing at least some of these youth players to develop into decent cricketers, there needs to be increases in pretty much all youngsters so regents don’t completely take over the game after one season.
                        Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IG34 View Post
                          I also belive occasionally 1 or 2 current emerging youngsters should be given outstanding statistics although it is important this is not overused to keep this game realistic.
                          Nice idea. I did see that the immediate release had Pat Brown (Worcs) with amazing stats (2nd XI FC bowling average of 15) but then fans wanted him toned down because he got selected to play test cricket not long into the game. This despite it being widely acknowledged that he is close to England T20I selection. The problem was that he was getting selected to play Test matches instead of T20I's. Now he has a 2nd XI FC bowling average of 21. Fans want a dynamic system but they also want one that is realistic so a balance needs to be found.

The developers also have a fine line to tread and they will, ultimately, be unable to please everyone. For example, if they made Lloyd Pope amazing and he usurped Nathan Lyon in the Australian test team soon into the game, fans would be outraged and want him downgraded. Ditto if Will Jacks was upgraded and Eoin Morgan was dropped for him. Because we all know that the AI selects on hidden ability rather than actual performance, and that the AI has a inbuilt bias against older players.

Until these AI faults are remedied, the developers primary objective is to ensure that the game that they put out mirrors real life as much as possible. I suppose that is why they are not really bothered if regens take over the game, so long as the first season or two is as realistic as possible then their job is done.
                          Last edited by bryce87; 06-08-2019, 09:50 AM.
                          YouTube
                          Facebook

Comment

• The game developers do not take interest in other things like IPL and all except the county.

The idea of boosting the emerging players is a great one.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                              Until these AI faults are remedied, the developers primary objective is to ensure that the game that they put out mirrors real life as much as possible. I suppose that is why they are not really bothered if regens take over the game, so long as the first season or two is as realistic as possible then their job is done.
                              Agreed, not sure how difficult it would be but couldn't these players at least perform decently at domestic level? Not sure what happens to these players at county level but in the Pakistan career in every edition of CC the emerging players are replaced within a year as their averages are so poor compared to regens or older players and they even get dropped from their domestic team.
                              Another concern I had, has the PSL scheduling been fixed? after a few seasons the PSL always overlaps with Pakistan International matches and so I always miss at least half the PSL every season and Pakistan international players have to be dropped due to unavailability - eventually these players are too expensive to purchase the next year, lowering the standard of the tournament

I'm talking with Andy about the fixture conflicts.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                                Billy Root of Glamorgan needs a rating increase and should be batting at no. 5. He has averaged 60+ in both ODs and FCs but in-game performs fairly averagely and bats as low as 7/8.
                                Billy Root is doing well in my save, I don't think his ability needs tweaking, I know he is having a really good season at Glamorgan batting at 5 but he was pretty average at Notts and never really nailed down a place in the 4 day team although he played List A and 20/20. I think its an AI selection issue as I've noticed in-game that Glamorgan play All-Rounder Owen Morgan at No.4.

Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X