Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Raine is apparently on a 20-over contract with Durham. I don't know if that's correct or not, but the fact that I discovered this while being blasted to all parts by him in the County Championship suggests something is amiss. (He is also on a 20-over contract with Otago, which I believe *is* correct; hence the confusion perhaps.)

Comment

• Originally posted by steelback View Post
      Ben Raine is apparently on a 20-over contract with Durham. I don't know if that's correct or not, but the fact that I discovered this while being blasted to all parts by him in the County Championship suggests something is amiss. (He is also on a 20-over contract with Otago, which I believe *is* correct; hence the confusion perhaps.)
      Raine has definitely played all formats for Durham this year. Not sure about his contract situation with Otago so can’t clear anything up there.

Comment

• Evin Lewis is a pretty decent seamer in my game. Why?

Doesn't look that good, but have nobbled anyway.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 02:19 PM.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

• Woof7747 Thanks for the feedback! Re Chris Green, he'll stay the same ability-wise as he bats 4 in Grade Cricket and at 6 for NSW in Futures League, he has the potential to be a genuine allrounder. Re Ashton Turner, the only reason he isn't bowling IRL now is due to a series of ongoing shoulder injuries, he's had three surgeries in the past two years. He'll hopefully be back to bowling regularly shortly, so his ability will stay the same for now. I completely agree with you on the other points, and will try to fix those. Thanks again!

Comment

• Gloucestershire sign Shannon Gabriel: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49192106.

Added.

Leicestershire's Paul Horton has retired from white-ball cricket: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48150772.

Will leave as is for now as he played some OD games at the start of the 2019 season.

Derbyshire sign Boyd Rankin for the T20: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49208646. Up to you as to how you model that...

Have added.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Chris Rushworth needs an upgrade, taken 55 first class wickets before August at an average of 16 yet can’t take a wicket on the game?

Those are Div 2 wickets, his bowling ability looks about right to me, good, better than average, but not in the top section of English bowlers.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Lewis McManus perhaps deserves an aggression boost?

I think this is fair, his SR has really improved lately. Now average.
                Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Azharullah (called "Azharullah Azharullah" in the game) in the Pakistan Broadcasting squad is listed as an overseas player - from Italy!

It's a nationality we use for players who aren't qualified, but don't count as overseas. I see he's now back at Northants.
                  Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Sussex sign Jason Behrendorff for some T20: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49421585.

Added.
                    Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Shaw has crossed Kohli's record and is Bradmanesque in this game! Definitely something wrong with the player attributes...

Quoted.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                        Shaw has crossed Kohli's record and is Bradmanesque in this game! Definitely something wrong with the player attributes...
                        Easy or normal mode? The first class game on CC19 is heavily favoured towards very aggressive batsmen like Shaw. The developers deny this but we certainly did not have this issue on CC18. Shaw is admittedly the best of the lot but he is also probably the most promising young batsman in world cricket at the moment.
                        Last edited by bryce87; 08-24-2019, 06:42 PM.
                        YouTube
                        Facebook

Comment

• Kent have given a contract to Marcus O'Riordan and he made his T20 debut last week: http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/...er/769529.html

He's an off-spinning all-rounder and has represented the Ireland youth team...but seeing as he was born in Kent he should be down as English in the game.

Added, will be English in-game.
                          Last edited by Sureshot; 09-19-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                            Easy or normal mode? The first class game on CC19 is heavily favoured towards very aggressive batsmen like Shaw. The developers deny this but we certainly did not have this issue on CC18. Shaw is admittedly the best of the lot but he is also probably the most promising young batsman in world cricket at the moment.
                            How does it matter? I have been playing Easy mode as of now... But in any case, the disparity between skills of Kohli & Shaw is unimaginable! Something very wrong with the skill attributes of the database, I've been saying this from the beginning...

Comment

• Yorkshire sign Ajaz Patel: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49571777.

Added as reserve.
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 09-18-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruby23 View Post

How does it matter? I have been playing Easy mode as of now... But in any case, the disparity between skills of Kohli & Shaw is unimaginable! Something very wrong with the skill attributes of the database, I've been saying this from the beginning...
                                Well for a start he is not Bradmanesque on normal mode - more like Steve Smith-esque Your point is valid though, just because a batsman is very aggressive they should not be a long form genius. Really hope this bias is acknowledged by the developers and fixed for the next version!

YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X