This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I keep Interested to know others views on who they consider to be overrated or undervalued by the game.
    I banged a double century with Guptill in my first test match on my NZ save Jos Buttler is another overrated test match player, to add to your list.

The problem is that the developers cannot rate players based on formats. That is why quality ODI players, such as these two andthe likes of Kuldeep, Bairstow etc also thrive in test matches.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

• Perhaps they could code in a multiplier that for example with Buttler would take his core stats and only factor in 0.9 of them for first class games. Someone like Gayle might be 1.2 in t20s etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
        Perhaps they could code in a multiplier that for example with Buttler would take his core stats and only factor in 0.9 of them for first class games. Someone like Gayle might be 1.2 in t20s etc.
        I agree with you.

Comment

• Tom Banton,Sam Billings and Mooen Ali need an upgrade to their batting rating.

Comment

• Eddie Byrom should probably be English rather than Zimbabwe (Kolpak). Nick Welch, Ryan Higgins and Adam Rouse are all in as English and Byrom has aspirations to break into Somerset team before targeting England selection the same as Higgins and Welch. Unfortunately none are likely to ever play for Zimbabwe.

Comment

• Shai Hope - OD/T20 Opener Changed
              Miguel Cummins - RFM Changed

Ben Sears - RMF Changed
              Sean Solia - RFM (not LFM) Changed
              W Ludick - RFM Changed
              Danru Ferns - RFM (not LM) Changed
              Last edited by Sureshot; 12-13-2019, 04:21 PM.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                I banged a double century with Guptill in my first test match on my NZ save Jos Buttler is another overrated test match player, to add to your list.

The problem is that the developers cannot rate players based on formats. That is why quality ODI players, such as these two andthe likes of Kuldeep, Bairstow etc also thrive in test matches.
                I guess this is why we never see an editor. The rating maths must be very limited in the DB, since making players good in different formats should be an easy task to make if the proper ratings was easily diveded between these formats. It takes a lot of ratings like FM to make it happen and the programming skills to make it count in play.

Comment

• Some tactical fundamentals AI lacking to make the game realistic:

1- In my Bangladesh Premier League T20 playthroughs sometimes AI select all-out pace attack which is very unrealistic considering the subcontinent history. In the subcontinent, AI must select at least 1 spinner in limited-overs games even if there is nothing for spinners in the pitch. I think the Teams(AI) should consider giving contracts to average spinners(if they fail to hire quality spinners) and pick them in the playing XI. In real life never seen a single t20 match in BPL where they went all-out pace attack, perhaps even in Big Bash league they always have a spinner in the playing XI. The all-out pace attack is a good tactic for Test/FC matches in pace friendly condition only.

2- Again in the subcontinent(or XI's that focus on spin bowlers) AI captains often should give opening overs to the spinners, especially offspinners against left-handed batters. Giving 1st opening over or 2nd opening over or both opening overs to Offspinners and SLA happens quite often in ODI and T20, especially in the subcontinent, but also outside the subcontinent subcontinental teams use this tactic. Developers should create different tactical sets for different teams and different conditions.

New features suggestions for upcoming iterations:

1- As others mentioned in previous posts, many players' batting average and strike rates vary a lot across formats. Consider adding three different batting aggression slots so that we can have Buttler as aggressive for Test/FC and very aggressive for ODI and T20.

2- Add a perk system(or something similar) to make every player unique. For example, a perk can be named as "Slogger", and it can be given to Chris Gayle so he will scores the high amount of runs in sixes(mainly in limited over formats) as he does in real life. This perk should be only available for normal, aggressive and very aggressive players and not for defensive players.

3- Dynamic batting order for AI. In cases where run rate requirement is higher, but the next batsman is defensive, AI should promote a player from lower-order who is aggressive or have Slogger perk. In real life, we see sloggers like Dre Russell who generally bats in the lower order but often get promoted up. This feature will give access to see nightwatchmen in Test/FC.

Comment

• In the ODI simulated or skipped matches teams batting in the second inning get all out between 25-35 overs most of the times and it is very unrealistic. In real matches even if the team batting second is going to lose, they at least try to play all 50 overs or get all out between 40-50 overs. Only in few occasion teams should get all out below 40th over.

Comment

• Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Naseem shah and muhammed musa all need a higher ability, Masood and Azhar Ali hardly ever score runs both need a higher batting ability.
                      Doubt we will get a database update anytime soon which is frustrating!
                      We need a player and fixture editor for next year’s version as the game gets stale after a few months. Surely i should be able to create my own tours outside of the current international fixture list. I want to play more international odi’s and it would make the game so much more interesting if i could create a tri series odi tournament or other tours and matches. Maybe also update the fixtures for the next database, in my New Zealand save i ended up playing only 3 odi’s in the 2023 season. Just add a randon tri series odi series in each calendar year involving all 10 international nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by muzzy View Post
                        Shan Masood, Azhar Ali, Naseem shah and muhammed musa all need a higher ability, Masood and Azhar Ali hardly ever score runs both need a higher batting ability.
                        Doubt we will get a database update anytime soon which is frustrating!
                        We need a player and fixture editor for next year’s version as the game gets stale after a few months. Surely i should be able to create my own tours outside of the current international fixture list. I want to play more international odi’s and it would make the game so much more interesting if i could create a tri series odi tournament or other tours and matches. Maybe also update the fixtures for the next database, in my New Zealand save i ended up playing only 3 odi’s in the 2023 season. Just add a randon tri series odi series in each calendar year involving all 10 international nations.
                        Agree with all of this especially Naseem Shah and Musa, have them on training for years and nothing happens. Both are very promising bowlers so it is disappointing.

Comment

• George Scott who starts the game at Middlesex should be an all rounder and could potentially do with a boost to both batting and bowling. I'd also have him as average aggression. I watched a lot him playing for Middlesex's 2nd XI and he plays fluently and can hit. I actually think he will do very, very well at Gloucestershire next season and was a bit surprised he left after starting to break into the side.

Also Ben Charlesworth should be a RFM all rounder with a boost to batting. A tody 50 in the last game of the season and first name on the team sheet for England under 19s.
                          Last edited by Lynx54321; 12-10-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• I think I may have posted this already but both Tom Banton and Tom Abell need batting upgrades in terms of both aggression and ability.

Banton has blasted his way into the England squad and franchise cricket.

Abell was the second fastest scorer in the t20 blast last season and is also playing franchise cricket this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelback View Post

Opened up CC19 on Android this morning after a few days' break to be met by a black screen - is this what's being worked on at the moment? If I need to reinstall rather than wait for the next patch, any way of salvaging my saved games first if I don't use Dropbox? Thanks!
                              Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

No local access to Android saves. Odd for it to stop working, is your device fully up to date?

Yes, this is one of the issues being worked on for Anddroid.

Nigel

Comment

• Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                                Rachin Ravindra - Don't agree with average aggression for now, but still early in his career.
                                Really? He has an FC strikerate of 50 and an OD strikerate of 100. Hardly symbolic of a defensive player.

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                                Tim Seifert - FC opener He's predominantly a middle order FC player, looking at his history. A few times he has opened, but not that often.
                                Correct. But in his one FC innings this season he opened ahead of long term incumbent Dean Brownlie, who dropped down to #4. He also hit 119 in that innings. It is safe to assume that is where he will continue to bat.

YouTube
                                Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X