Initial thoughts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial thoughts..

Played the game for a day now, probably the most disappointed I’ve been in a release since i started playing the game, I’ve purchased every version since the 2005 version with strauss on the front cover, feels like not much has been changed from the 2018 version or the things people have been calling for to be changed have been ignored. People have been requesting for the transfer system to be changed for years now to reflect real life but this has been ignored time and time again, this years version literally just feels like a database update which is disappointing, the added domestic stats on the player profile is unnecessary, hope it gets removed because its making that page hard to look at, the one extra aggression bar is a good feature and as always the match engine is on point. Really need the transfer system changed and some sort of tour creator added for the 2020 version, it gets boring playing the same fixtures over and over again, i want to be able to add my own tours into the fixture schedule.

Yeah it just feels like i'm taking off from where I left on CC18.

Tbf though that is about every version of CC!
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

People make the joke about each years version being a database update because not much gets added to the game but this years version literally is just a database update! Your adding changes to the game that no one even wants, who asked for the added domestic stats on the player profile? Did more people call for that to be added than the transfer system to be changed?
      Ive read it over and over again people have said for years the transfer system needs to be changed yet the developers just ignore it, at least give an answer as to why it cant be changed?
      you should have just released this version and called it ICC 2018: world cup edition and then later on in the year released the ICC 2019 version with a more added to it.

Comment

When was the last time anything really changed in this game? 2009? For years the fans have been complaining about buying nothing more than database updates and the developers do not care. Why would they if we continue to line their pockets with the easiest money they'll probably ever make?

Comment

Originally posted by hitthestump View Post
          When was the last time anything really changed in this game? 2009? For years the fans have been complaining about buying nothing more than database updates and the developers do not care. Why would they if we continue to line their pockets with the easiest money they'll probably ever make?
          The developers do care, remember this is a small team with a small budget and a lot of hard work and the game isn't that expensive to buy. The games longevity is testament to its appeal, I remember buying the very 1st ICC back in the late 90's and have bought every version since. If you have some constructive criticism then by all means post it, but I don't think saying the developers don't care and are lining their pockets is fair.
          Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post

The developers do care, remember this is a small team with a small budget and a lot of hard work and the game isn't that expensive to buy. The games longevity is testament to its appeal, I remember buying the very 1st ICC back in the late 90's and have bought every version since. If you have some constructive criticism then by all means post it, but I don't think saying the developers don't care and are lining their pockets is fair.
            Indeed. This is not a big company like EA.

Besides, those complaining about this just being a database update are way off the mark.
            OD and T20 gameplay are more realistic.
            Graphic animation oddities have been fixed.
            New features have been added.

Just be grateful that this is still the best cricket management game available.

Comment

To be fair, with a relatively small outlay, the developers have managed to create the most statistically exhaustive cricket simulation game in the world today. It's probably one of the worst releases, I agree, but I don't think it's because of want of effort. Even with CC18, the several updates were something even the giants like EA, etc. would never have provided. I'm sure with our observations, comments and suggestions, the game will get tweaked soon enough. And yes, I would pay for every version simply because the developers deserve it!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                To be fair, with a relatively small outlay, the developers have managed to create the most statistically exhaustive cricket simulation game in the world today. It's probably one of the worst releases, I agree, but I don't think it's because of want of effort. Even with CC18, the several updates were something even the giants like EA, etc. would never have provided. I'm sure with our observations, comments and suggestions, the game will get tweaked soon enough. And yes, I would pay for every version simply because the developers deserve it!
                People have been asking for the transfer system to be changed for years now and yet no change, at least if the developers came out and said it can’t be changed then that would be understandable, its a joke that we cant sign a reserve overseas player from the same nation as our main overseas player, dosen't anyone agree?
                we should be able to browse every domestic/international team in the game and sign players that way, we should be able to loan players out, sign players on loan, sign players on 1 month contracts just like in real life, just imagine how much this would add to the game and make it so much more appealing.

Comment

Initial thoughts.... I love the addition of the World XI option. Hours of fun involved with that. Facing a pace quartet of Marshall, Lillee, Donald and Younis. Fantastic. Or how about, last day, batting for the draw, two wickets down, turning track and Muralitharan, Warne and Underwood skip down the pavilion steps. The world is your oyster with the World XI option.

Buy this every year and will continue to do so.

Comment

Initial thoughts-T20 and One Day match engine seems to have been improved as it now more balanced. Actually won a T20 v Pakistan and won the first One day game v Pakistan using aggressive bowling at all times. Lost to Ireland in the One day game but was cautious with bowling aggression - playing as England.
                    Imo white ball needs to be brighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post

I think this is the key point, I used to moan as well but it is futile. The guys produce a remarkably realistic game year-in-year-out, I will also be buying again. But, although I get everyone might not be the same, I would happily pay a bit more for the game to see a few new feature updates!

However, for the guys that do still sit there and moan - it may be worth reflecting on your own skills and abilities in terms of coding and game development and humble yourselves. I would assume that things that seem simple to include would take hours and hours of coding which is difficult to learn and do correctly, so that may be worth thinking about before heavily criticizing the only guys out there making a great cricket management simulation every year.

Comment

The one day match engine improvement is hugely important for me. At times over the last few editions it's felt like no matter what you attempt during the matches, the game had already decided beforehand you'd lost the game, that was that and there was nothing you could do about it. It doesn't feel like that this year, it's more realistic and I feel a lot more immersed in the limited overs experience.

Like others, I don't think it's fair to aim criticism at the developers, even going as far as to saying they don't care which I find extremely harsh at best. It clearly isn't just a database update, instead of focusing on the negatives look at the positives.

It's not an expensive game. The hours of enjoyment we all get out of it every year makes the price, as fair as it is, irrelevant anyway in my opinion. Less than £20 for a year of what is the best and most addictive cricket simulation there is on offer.

Comment

I like the targeted run rate, and the short form simulation does feel a bit better from a quick go at the demo.

A few little changes would make a bit difference though, like displaying fielding skill (thus making fielding training worthwhile and adding a factor to consider for selection) and having second team as the default for non-selected players (so you don't have to manually choose it for every player at the start of every season).

Oh, and it'd be nice if players weren't constantly cutting sixes. I just saw eight of eleven sixes scored that way in the first OD game I simulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Donners View Post
                            I like the targeted run rate, and the short form simulation does feel a bit better from a quick go at the demo.

A few little changes would make a bit difference though, like displaying fielding skill (thus making fielding training worthwhile and adding a factor to consider for selection) and having second team as the default for non-selected players (so you don't have to manually choose it for every player at the start of every season).

Oh, and it'd be nice if players weren't constantly cutting sixes. I just saw eight of eleven sixes scored that way in the first OD game I simulated.
                            Great ideas.

I have often wondered about the sixes thing too. In the modern game probably 80% of sixes are in the area between long leg and down the ground, yet on the game it seems you get more on the off side.
                            YouTube
                            Facebook

Comment

Long time player of this game, have bought pretty much every version. As above I like the new additions like targeted run rate and the extra aggression bar and the game engine for LO cricket has moved with the times pretty well.

Not really a fan of the 9 layers of stats on the player pages, just too much to take in. The domestic stats are useful though maybe they could be a tick box option as someone mentioned earlier? Could the kits also be updated? Assume that wouldn't be too difficult and it would be cool to play as England with their light blue kit.

For future versions it would be good make the transfer system a bit more sophisticated as people have said, allow loans and short term transfers as in real life. I have seen a lot of people criticise the graphics but I actually think they are fine, simpler is better i think for a management game and the the movements of the players are fairly realistic, I would just like to see a couple more shots added, a reverse sweep and advance down the pitch straight six? Also maybe change the colour of the outfield depending on location/weather etc. A lighter dustier looking outfield would give the feel of playing in India for example, i thought this used to happen in older versions but i may be wrong.

Anyway love the game as always!

Comment

Working...
                              X