"Early" retirement in game ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Early" retirement in game ??

I came across this in CC2018 and don't think it's changed any in this CC2019.
    Having a save as Middlesex I got Tim Murtagh and Ollie Raynor retire directly after 2018 season. Both had very good seasons and Murtagh even for Ireland.
    What made me even more suspect on how retirement is handled in-game was that Chris Gayle hanged up his bat after 2018, even after a great season with World Cup coming up.
    I tried two other saves and Gayle reitred in both after 2018.

Shouldn't such decision been made very strongly on how the last season played out and in "special" cases like Gayle we have cricketers that play much longer in the years than most others. A bit "looking" ahead to like World Cup I can't see how a star player for a country even thinking on retirement.

Since some maths decide who retires and not based I fear purely on age and perhaps a unknown factor. Would be happy if a more complex math formula would have been worked out, even if it's very hard I know. Perhaps if a cricketer is playing often with his national team he should firstly retire from national teams with Test as a primary. Take a slow down like Alastair Cook. Big time stars first (if not already) stops playing red-ball cricket for their country, then white ball. Finally finishing it entirely. A slow process towards full retirement.

Ya it would be excellent and will feel like reality.

Comment

Use your imagination. Maybe he discovers he has 12 illegitimate children to 9 different women and no longer has time for cricket

Comment

A bit lame mate, but I just found out the edit name and even team names button. That should be great if this little thing of un-retire players like Villiers could have been in that edit function. I'm just trying to make the game a little bit more line of what goes on in the real world of cricket. It would be sad if player after player retire because finding out they have kids all over the world from all the places they played cricket. eeh.

Comment

Working...
        X