The need on some limited editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The need on some limited editor

A game that has no editor for the gamers is sad, and some things in the last two (probably more even) games proves that.

We got too many smaller things that goes on in the cricket world that can't just be an issue on patches regulating it.

Take this for one.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...gement-said-no

De Villiers is in the game set as retired from playing for SA. Obviously the player can change his mind, then it's up to the selectors (you in this case) to pick him.
    If some small limited editor could address "un-clicking" his temp retirement gamers could make the choice themself.

We got the issue with Jofra Archer. In CC2018 he was not able to be picked by England which is OK in 2018, but playing a save with England coming into 2019 he still isn't available.
    Several other players might get into Jofras situation and each and every one playing a save should perhaps be able to make those changes to the ongoing save, just to make it realistic.

Then we got the sad problem with some players (Chris Gayle) retiring because the math formula in-game thinks he is too old. Beeing able to un-click this and make him play again would be a big help.

Really I can't think on many (even one) manager/coach game that has no sort of editor attached to it. It can help the game forward even more if the community fo gaming fans could add stuff that is beyond the "creators" legal hands. Copyrights and such. Just look at Ashes Cricket, and we got smaller budget games like OOTP-baseball. The community has really helped those games reaching a new level. (Talking about the lack of photos and logos, even on real team names). Football Manager and Ashes are big time productions, but the likes as OOTP and the Pro Cycling Manager managed to "walk-around" legal issues considering photos and logos. If they can, why not Cricket Captain.

I'm sure this game would get an enormous leap forward with such editor, and after some 20years it is truly due.

This post won my heart, let's see if it also wins of the developers.

Comment

If you get an editor

suddenly you don't need to purchase the database update every year

Comment

Originally posted by morty View Post
        If you get an editor

suddenly you don't need to purchase the database update every year
        Exactly this is the reason we don't/will have any editor.

Comment

Poor excuse. Lets hope the AI improve a bit each year and we get some new leagues. My suggestions on editing types don't mess with DB updates. They should work in saves, and are so minor they could be changed as with names on players and teams.

Comment

Working...
          X