Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New features that I would like to see in Cricket Captain

Dear All,

Here's a list of some features that I would love to see in Cricket Captain. Some of these should be very easy to adopt for the developers, I believe:

A. Some gloss and glamours, particularly some features so that achievements and failures feel consequential/significant

1. DRS
    2. Rain affected games for ODI and T20s, complete washouts for some tests, ODIs and T20s
    3. Player pictures for AI players
    4. News feeds & press-conference like questionnaires [similar to Football Manager, even Cricket Coach has this feature] - even real players and coaches like to receive feedback and read news/articles about them/their games/achievements. Cricket Captain can go one step further by adding some challenging comments from ex-players, commentators, journalists - e.g. that particular player is poor on short ball, that country is not good at playing spin or playing abroad, a win of a particular country is an upset etc, these sets some challenges/urge to achieve certain things and proof people wrong
    5. Congratulation/ cup screens for winners - like the pre-2005 versions
    6. Cup/ trophy counts like Football Manager, plus hall of fame
    7. Player of the match, player of the tournament, top scorer, top wicket taker, top allrounder features following tournaments/serieses [e.g. world cup], player of the year, team of the year, bowler of the year, best young player of the world and similar awards categories
    8. Comparison statistics for top retired players - so that you can rank them - e.g. I am in 2303 with the 2005 version, I would have loved to see the stats of my top retired players like how many of them scored 20+ ODI/test centuries, 10000+ runs in tests/ODI, 500+ wickets etc
    9. Double century counts like 50s and 100s
    10. 30+ runs counts for T20s

B. Management features/ developing players

11. Options to appoint assistant coaches and physios who would have real impact on players
    12. More features for training
    13. Cricket coach/ football manager type skills bar so that you can judge precisely how your players compare. Right now, the only way to judge this is by comparing their salaries.
    14. Options to change team/ apply for other jobs/ options to get fired

C. Game experience
    15. New playing engine. The current engine is being used since 2008. The current version also looks very clumsy and slow.

D. Management options
    16. Under 19 and women's world cup, series
    17. A team series tours
    18. Options to manage U19 and A/B teams in addition to the main teams
    19. World Cricket League [does not have to be playable] with options for the teams in the WCL to qualify for major tournaments
    20. Options to schedule additional matches/ series
    21. Other major tournaments such as the Asia Cup

E. Editor
    22. Football Manager type game/player editor can be attractive
    23. A fixtures editor with the options to change tournament structures - this is going to be great. Furthermore, given that the formats of major tournaments changes frequently - e.g. men's ODI world cup, this might be a handy option
    24. Option to arrange multi-team tournaments and play those, like we can now play the world cup, champions trophy, ashes tournaments and bilateral series.

Finally,
    25. Could we have T10 tournaments too? This is surely going to be added to international tournaments in 10-15 years.

Many thanks

Definitely need point no 4 and 7 to up surge the game, they are awesome.

Points 5 and 6 can be easily updated to the game and are very good.

Comment

Trying to get my players in the Team of the Year, Ballon d'Or and other honours list is one of the main incentives why I keep playing football manager.

Here're some more suggestions:

26. Inclusion of the Dhaka Premier League - at least the one day league. That's an awesome competitive league to be added in CC.
      27. Bowling speed - plus statistics on bowling speed
      28. Statistics on most hit sixes
      29. Statistics of run outs
      30. Proper variable run out simulations with some referrals to 3rd umpires
      31. Stamping, occasional hit wickets, mankading, outs for obstructing fields
      32. Demerit points and banning of players
      33. Insurgence of new teams into top levels once you play for many years - that would be beautiful

There're just so many...

Comment

Nice list

I think DRS would get repetitive and boring after a while though. After a while you'll know exactly which animations to review and which ones not to (like we instantly know which LBW decisions are going to be given out at the moment).

Point 2 would be great if it's not too difficult to include due to the AI limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by arafat.habib@gmail.com View Post
          Dear All,

Here's a list of some features that I would love to see in Cricket Captain. Some of these should be very easy to adopt for the developers, I believe:

A. Some gloss and glamours, particularly some features so that achievements and failures feel consequential/significant

1. DRS
          2. Rain affected games for ODI and T20s, complete washouts for some tests, ODIs and T20s
          3. Player pictures for AI players
          4. News feeds & press-conference like questionnaires [similar to Football Manager, even Cricket Coach has this feature] - even real players and coaches like to receive feedback and read news/articles about them/their games/achievements. Cricket Captain can go one step further by adding some challenging comments from ex-players, commentators, journalists - e.g. that particular player is poor on short ball, that country is not good at playing spin or playing abroad, a win of a particular country is an upset etc, these sets some challenges/urge to achieve certain things and proof people wrong
          5. Congratulation/ cup screens for winners - like the pre-2005 versions
          6. Cup/ trophy counts like Football Manager, plus hall of fame
          7. Player of the match, player of the tournament, top scorer, top wicket taker, top allrounder features following tournaments/serieses [e.g. world cup], player of the year, team of the year, bowler of the year, best young player of the world and similar awards categories
          8. Comparison statistics for top retired players - so that you can rank them - e.g. I am in 2303 with the 2005 version, I would have loved to see the stats of my top retired players like how many of them scored 20+ ODI/test centuries, 10000+ runs in tests/ODI, 500+ wickets etc
          9. Double century counts like 50s and 100s
          10. 30+ runs counts for T20s

B. Management features/ developing players

11. Options to appoint assistant coaches and physios who would have real impact on players
          12. More features for training
          13. Cricket coach/ football manager type skills bar so that you can judge precisely how your players compare. Right now, the only way to judge this is by comparing their salaries.
          14. Options to change team/ apply for other jobs/ options to get fired

C. Game experience
          15. New playing engine. The current engine is being used since 2008. The current version also looks very clumsy and slow.

D. Management options
          16. Under 19 and women's world cup, series
          17. A team series tours
          18. Options to manage U19 and A/B teams in addition to the main teams
          19. World Cricket League [does not have to be playable] with options for the teams in the WCL to qualify for major tournaments
          20. Options to schedule additional matches/ series
          21. Other major tournaments such as the Asia Cup

E. Editor
          22. Football Manager type game/player editor can be attractive
          23. A fixtures editor with the options to change tournament structures - this is going to be great. Furthermore, given that the formats of major tournaments changes frequently - e.g. men's ODI world cup, this might be a handy option
          24. Option to arrange multi-team tournaments and play those, like we can now play the world cup, champions trophy, ashes tournaments and bilateral series.

Finally,
          25. Could we have T10 tournaments too? This is surely going to be added to international tournaments in 10-15 years.

Many thanks
          Your asking for too much, its never going to happen.

Comment

As soon as someone requests DRS, I stop reading because they haven't thought it through. Thanks for for putting it at #1 and saving me time.

As has been pointed out many times - you know exactly which animation leads to which result with LBW. DRS would just become annoying really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by powercord84 View Post
              As soon as someone requests DRS, I stop reading because they haven't thought it through. Thanks for for putting it at #1 and saving me time.

As has been pointed out many times - you know exactly which animation leads to which result with LBW. DRS would just become annoying really quickly.
              If they are changing the graphics then they should add DRS.

If they plan on keeping the current graphics, as has been mentioned, do not bother. It would make the game worse! Currently on the lbw replays, sometimes it shows the ball completely missing the batsman, or hitting him on the ass and other weird stuff. DRS would just add another layer of problems to the current graphics.

I was amazed, when I download Real Cricket 19 on Android not long ago, at the quality of the graphics it has. It helped me to see what Cricket Captain could be one day. With those types of graphics DRS works very well!
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

Please no press conferences; they’ve been in FM for years and they’re still dreadful.

Comment

Working...
                X