Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about monthly subscription for Cricket Captain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about monthly subscription for Cricket Captain?

Since the buyers of the game are hardcore fans who are willing to shell out $$ for a database update every year , why not milk them even more? surely even a $3 monthly subscription will result in far more revenue than your current model , be sure to have either quarterly , annual and semi annual subscription model and the minimal features you updates can come in July of every year.

Sounds promising to me.

Personally I would buy July to Sep subscription every year because that is feasible to me. Also try to make an online cricket management game with cricket captain engine like battrick , that will surely gonna improve the revenue as well.

It is more than a database update.
    Have you purchased the game yet?

Comment

Nope, already enjoying cc 18 and this year version definitely not worth it, might purchase cc 20 if it's appealing to me.

Comment

One thing I do not get is why they are still charging $$$ to buy the dated versions of the app? You cannot tell me that people actually buy these?

Why not instead have all the dated versions as freeware and let more people get hooked on the game (which we all know they will) then they will want to purchase the most up to date versions?

This strategy will surely provide more long-term revenue than the peanuts that the older versions no doubt generate.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

People won't want to purchase the up to date versions then, as there is no difference apart from the database, lets be honest, whilst the developers continue to update things no one asked for like extra stats rather than things like DRS.
          who would pay £20 for a database update if cc 2018 was free?

Comment

Originally posted by IG34 View Post
            People won't want to purchase the up to date versions then, as there is no difference apart from the database, lets be honest, whilst the developers continue to update things no one asked for like extra stats rather than things like DRS.
            who would pay £20 for a database update if cc 2018 was free?
            I believe that a surprising amount amount of people would still want to purchase the most recent version, although I do take your point.

Perhaps there should still be a small cost attached to CC18, but the versions older than that? They should be free for sure. The series will gain more players as well as long-term revenue

YouTube
            Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post

Perhaps there should still be a small cost attached to CC18, but the versions older than that? They should be free for sure. The series will gain more players as well as long-term revenue
              Yes, definitely, will help attract more users and no ine would pay for versions more than 2 seasons old anyway

Comment

Working...
              X