Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Field Settings

Hi Everyone,
    No matter how hard I try, I never seem to have much success with my custom field settings and it is getting pretty frustrating! Would someone mind offering some advice please, I couldn't find any posts about them.
    Cheers

I had troubles too but searched older posts. Guess nothing changed much on fielding.
    Found some on this forum that could be worth reading.

and this very old thread that even got a file attached with some useful field settings already made.
    Having been a part of this forum for a short while now, I've decided to give something back to the Planetcricket community. I have designed custom field settings tailor-made to every situation that I could think of in International Cricket Captain, for every type of bowler, for every line (off...

Haven't tried all of them out, but some directed towards whiteball games have been improving that part at least for me.

Keep searching older versions on this forum, hard but in the end I found it helpful. The game surely not changed that muc, so advices on old version should be good on newer ones too. (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by clamel View Post
      I had troubles too but searched older posts. Guess nothing changed much on fielding.
      Found some on this forum that could be worth reading.

and this very old thread that even got a file attached with some useful field settings already made.
      Having been a part of this forum for a short while now, I've decided to give something back to the Planetcricket community. I have designed custom field settings tailor-made to every situation that I could think of in International Cricket Captain, for every type of bowler, for every line (off...

Haven't tried all of them out, but some directed towards whiteball games have been improving that part at least for me.

Keep searching older versions on this forum, hard but in the end I found it helpful. The game surely not changed that muc, so advices on old version should be good on newer ones too. (I think)
      Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Comment

Those links are not as relevant because before CC18 the AI's scoring could be severely restricted through custom field settings. You could set a packed offside field and the AI would struggle to score in limited overs matches. However, in CC18 the AI was enhanced whereby it now recognizes gaps in the field and will adjust accordingly.

Personally I have found it a lot more difficult to set effective custom fields now since so now just stick with default. It is also very time consuming as you need to (annoyingly) change them for each of the (now) 8 bowling types and there is no way to auto-copy them. The two player mode was also great for devising custom fields but this is gone too.

Having said this I have seen other players use attacking custom fields with some success in the online game. But I have found that defensive custom fields will rarely make a difference because the AI just finds the gaps at will.
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

I didn't play the game much last year but never had much success with custom fields and that's carried on into this year. Takes far too long as well, I want to get through games quickly instead of wasting time setting things that never seem to make much difference. It's default for me as well with the odd change now and again.

Comment

I was a bit desperate and tried looking up as much as possible, even back in versions. Take a look that we only got one type of field setups (if the urge to increase fielders outside the circle) in later PP for whiteball formats (at least that's what I found, even if we got some almost 100 different setups) . The standard ones are what I see the ones used by the AI, but surely a little bit more flexibility mostly in those important death overs for sure. Like said it very hard to change settings then find out a new bowler got back to the standards. Shifting the agg-level up and down reveal strange changes of the fielsd too.

My issue is stricly with the limited overs play and when one gets to the last part of those innings. Having just 1 field setup for each type of bowlers looks very limited. Perhaps a future patch could fix it and enhance that part of the game.

A much smarter batting AI is nice to know from the older versions. That's a major improvement in my eyes. Now the fielding needs to counter that improvement.

Comment

Cheers everyone, I'll probably just start off this year using defaults and then attempt to make adaptations later on.

Comment

In ALL formats I always put somebody at short cover and short(ish) leg just to stop the easy singles which are on offer with the default fields.

Comment

Working...
                X