Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2019 Version 19.04 Released

Fix-list:

- Improved contracts AI (team balance, squad size, budget)
    - Updated Database
    - Fixed English OD final ground issue
    - Fixed Indian WC and central contracts squad
    - Fixtures screen defaults to current date
    - Increased available SA players in SA domestic
    - Added change job/team confirmation
    - Fixed Eng. FC promotion/relegation message
    - Added Ireland vs Zimbabwe series
    - Allow overseas players in Eng contracts to be signed when not 100% available.
    - Default batting aggression set by match type.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM.

Does this mean the Contracts AI for IPL and PSL has improved?
    Do all updates other than database ones get applied to old saves?

Comment

Yes to both questions. There has been a major overhaul of the t20 franchise team and non-UK contracts AI. Please let us know how you get on with it. If you find any issue don’t forget to include the team you are using.

Comment

Great update guys! Much more realistic with the AI selection of teams. In ODI's & T20's though, still there is an in-game AI selection problem with bowlers; almost always, the pacers bowl their quota within the first 30-35 overs and spinners are bowling in the slog overs. Played many matches with the same result. I feel it's probably because the AI recognizes the wear of the ball and selects spinners as the best option with the older ball. While in theory, this is right, in reality just doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
          In ODI's & T20's though, still there is an in-game AI selection problem with bowlers; almost always, the pacers bowl their quota within the first 30-35 overs and spinners are bowling in the slog overs. Played many matches with the same result. I feel it's probably because the AI recognizes the wear of the ball and selects spinners as the best option with the older ball. While in theory, this is right, in reality just doesn't happen.
          They said in another thread they are looking at fixing the AI bowling order peculiarities.

I think it should be an easy fix for OD and T20s by programming the AI to save the best seamers for the death overs. But the other thing is programming the AI to pick and use six bowlers instead of five. Also in FC cricket, to pick and use five bowlers instead of four.

There are also other things like allowing spinners to bowl earlier in the innings in all formats, even opening the bowling, and making sure that there is at least one spinner in every limited overs XI that the AI picks.
          Last edited by bryce87; 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
            Yes to both questions. There has been a major overhaul of the t20 franchise team and non-UK contracts AI. Please let us know how you get on with it. If you find any issue don’t forget to include the team you are using.
            So, I'm in my 2nd IPL season. I'm using Delhi.
            At the end of contracts, I see that most teams go with only 5 out of the 8 allowed overseas slots.
            In the starting XIs, on an average I see 1 or 2 overseas players being picked.

It's possible that in the second season, contracts don't expire much and the expiring good players are expensive. So, the squad gets stuck with bad overseas players who won't make the playing XI. What this essentially did is I now have an IPL without Warner and Russell, which is disappointing. Another thing to note, no team signed a new overseas player into their squad.

Comment

We've just released a hotfix for Steam that fixes a potential crash after some matches. Please update through Steam, this is still version 19.04.

Comment

There is still the issue with the man of the match in the county games.

A player who scores the most runs in the 1st innings wins, even in a losing team. This is regardless of a bowler getting a 10 wicket haul to win his team the match.
                Last edited by CricketFan; 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Does the mac version update to this automatically???

Comment

Originally posted by felixfondler View Post
                    Does the mac version update to this automatically???
                    This version is the live version for Mac.

Comment

Working...
                    X