Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T20 Help

Hi,

I have been an avid player of the Cricket Captain Franchise since 2005 and often followed these forums closely for advice tips and etc. In CC 2019 I can't seem to grasp T20 cricket, no matter the form or capability of my batsmen or tactics I use I always end up having a collapse of epic proportions. This is even when be cautious with the aggression bar. I can never seem to score at more than 6 and over as soon as I up the aggression bar my batsmen seem to throw away their wicket, with a classic missed drive, or somehow pulling a ball to long on / long off. The AI then appears to be able to score freely at 10+ an over no matter the situation or the circumstances of the game.

FC and One Day Cricket I have had no such issues, having both the One Day Cup and County Championship multiple times to date in my 6 year Warwickshire career, yet within T20 Cricket highest finish I have achieved is second bottom.

Any tips with T20 cricket in CC 2019 would be greatly appreciated.

What bars do you start your batsmen on?

What's your batting line up?

Comment

I think in the 2018 forum there was a Format Guide with some hints & tips in it, might be worth a look. I wish I could offer some help but I'm garbage at the shorter forms of the game.
      Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I do find that ball-by-ball is really important for batting, if you get an early boundary you can turn down the aggression.

Comment

It's an obvious one but it's important to have your batting line-up full of aggressive/very aggressive batsmen. If you have defensive ones they'll struggle when set to the higher aggression levels.

When bowling it sometimes feels impossible to stem the flow though. Best way to slow them down is wickets, I go all out for wickets throughout the innings and if they keep coming they won't be scoring anywhere near as quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            What bars do you start your batsmen on?

What's your batting line up?
            I normally start by Batsmen on 5/6 bars with the intention of getting settled. Once settled about a third of a way of tend to up it but never really consider the 9th bar as it seems to be all or bust but too much bust in my personal experience.

My batting lineup is made up of a a mixture of aggressive v.agg and avg players but mainly the first two. At the moment in my current save it is a couple of seasoned pros of Sam Hain, Tom Kohler Cadmore and Ed Pollock sitting at the top of the order, who can't seem to transfer their form from 50 over to 20 over. On similar aggression progression they are quite willing to score 150 runs at a SR of 130+ in one day cricket but then be out for little in 20 overs. Also interesting I have 3 players at the moment who willingly score at well over at a SR of 100+ at high averages in FC cricket, for example Ed Pollock has scored 170 off like 142 balls in a first class while on 3 bars which makes my t20 struggles all the more baffling. But then again I guess it is part of getting used to a new game.
            Last edited by CDAH11899; 06-12-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The new mayhem bar is very much a hit out or get out option, you can score very quickly with it, but you can also lose wickets very quickly with it. Again, I do tend to use it as a ball-by-ball option (if you're on PC, press N on the keyboard to play the next ball)., so that if I do get back-to-back boundaries, I can then drop it down to 7 or 6 bars.

Comment

Be mindful of the conditions is my tip. Just as in real life, this has a drastic effect on what a good score is.

If the bounce and wear is good/very good and the weather is sunny start on 7 aggression. If the bounce/wear is average start at 6 aggression. If the weather is cloudy and a M/FM bowler is on be aware.

Another thing is know the opposition. You are playing county cricket so almost every side will have weaker 4th/5th bowlers you can look to target by using an extra aggression bar against. Also be aware of their stronger and in-form bowlers.

YouTube
                Facebook

Comment

Cheers all for the tips and advice, I will bare it in mind moving forward. Definitely had some slight improvements over the past few games.

Comment

Originally posted by CDAH11899 View Post
                    Hi,

I have been an avid player of the Cricket Captain Franchise since 2005 and often followed these forums closely for advice tips and etc. In CC 2019 I can't seem to grasp T20 cricket, no matter the form or capability of my batsmen or tactics I use I always end up having a collapse of epic proportions. This is even when be cautious with the aggression bar. I can never seem to score at more than 6 and over as soon as I up the aggression bar my batsmen seem to throw away their wicket, with a classic missed drive, or somehow pulling a ball to long on / long off. The AI then appears to be able to score freely at 10+ an over no matter the situation or the circumstances of the game.

FC and One Day Cricket I have had no such issues, having both the One Day Cup and County Championship multiple times to date in my 6 year Warwickshire career, yet within T20 Cricket highest finish I have achieved is second bottom.

Any tips with T20 cricket in CC 2019 would be greatly appreciated.
                    How are you bowling at them?

I tend to go ball by ball, never more than two bars aggression with the bowlers. If they get rolling then drop it to one bar aggression to try and contain them a little. As said above wickets are crucial in stemming the tide of runs. If you're on one bar aggression and they're still scoring well - it's worth sticking it back to two as I've often seen that change in aggression can lead to a wicket that breaks up the partnership.

One of the other crucial things I've found (and it only really works if you go ball by ball) is react to their shots and move your field around. If the batsmen sweeps the first two balls of the over from your legspinner, move a field to cut that shot off - it's amazing how often you can force a mistake by moving the field to cut off the shots they seem to be favouring.

Comment

I actually did ok on CC18 in T20s. Like other's have said, playing ball by ball is best. I don't have a massive amount of tips when it comes to batting. I generally start around half aggression, and increase gradually as the batsmen become more settled.

In terms of bowling I pretty much bowl outside off stump on a good length 99% of the time, ranging between 0-3 bars of aggression depending on the situation / how settled the batsmen is.

For field placements, in ALL formats I always put somebody at short cover and short(ish) leg just to stop the easy singles which are on offer with the default fields. Then I have a fairly orthodox field and usually adjust to cut off the batsmen's high scoring areas.

Comment

Working...
                      X