Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODI bowling help

Afternoon all,

Anyone have any general tips for ODI bowling?

I'm playing as England in a new save at the moment and I'm having troubles with my batting.

But quite often I'm setting targets of 310+ and it seems the opposition are chasing it down with ease. I am leaking runs at an alarming rate from the off and not taking many wickets.

I'm a casual player of the game and have it on easy, but still I cant seem to pick up wickets. I'm changing line and length also aggression.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you playing the matches over by over or ball by ball? It's a cliched piece of advice now but ball by ball doesn't half make a different in one day and T20 games - it allows you to respond to what the batsmen are doing much more effectively with your field - eg if they sweep the first two balls of the over, move a fielder to cut off the sweep, you'll be amazed how that can suddenly result in a wicket as the AI has to try different shots and can make an error.

In terms of aggression I never go above two bars for bowlers on limited overs, dropping to one if they start to get going and occasionally going to zero bars if you've really got someone going full Universe Boss on you.

It's not always about wickets as well - if you have a bowler not taking wickets but only going for two an over then consider keeping them on just to block off an end and reduce their run rate - making them run out of overs is just as viable a tactic as bowling them out.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have heard the ball by ball tip is really good. The only problem is I like to play over by over on my phone to try and rush games as such. I will give this a go though for sure.

Yeah I dont mind a bowler not taking wickets as long as he is going for little runs. But for example just opened the bowling with Wood and Archer against Australia and they were getting carted to all parts of the ground

Comment

I often play on my phone and still go ball by ball for the limited overs, it really does pay dividends.

Ah Mr Warner is a sod on it to be fair. Do you have a look at the batters preferences too and try and adjust your bowling accordingly? eg try some pitched up stuff to a player that likes to play it off the back foot, don't go around the wicket as much with a right handed bowler to a left handed batsmen who's strong into the leg side?

Comment

Check out my world cup stories in the stories section of the forum. They are in video format so you can watch me play on normal mode. I am like you and like to play quickly also so you should try some of the things I do.
          YouTube
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
            Check out my world cup stories in the stories section of the forum. They are in video format so you can watch me play on normal mode. I am like you and like to play quickly also so you should try some of the things I do.
            Thanks mate. Watched your videos and enjoyed them.

Tried to copy what you do and its just not cutting for my England team. I've played 5 games in the CWC and lost 3....one of them to Afghanistan! And the other 2 games I put over 320 on the board which the oppo chased down no problem

Comment

Working...
            X