more regen surnames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more regen surnames

Sorry if this gripe is literally something that only annoys me, but the number of surnames for regens on the database is far too small IMHO. It really prevents me from properly suspending disbelief with a long game when you see the same names appearing over and over again. If it's some kind of satire of the limited socio-economic background of people who play cricket fair play, but i doubt it.

When I had a moan two games ago I was told by an admin there was 830 English surnames, which is a tiny amount really. According to a quick google there's 270,000 surnames in the UK held by at least 5 people, and while i'm not asking for that much, even 2 or 3 thousand would be great. I don't think I've had a long running CC save since 2005ish without having a Henman in my side.

I'd happily pay £50 for someone to just go through a list of the most common surnames in the UK and add, lets say, the top 5000 in the list.

Is there any way for me to access the code and do it myself?

Comment

I agree more would be nice, if perhaps not essential(!). Also more British Asian regens in the county game maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by beefheart View Post
        Is there any way for me to access the code and do it myself?
        Post a list or lists in here.

The West Indies database should be okay, as a couple of us spent quite a bit of time researching common names for it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post

Post a list or lists in here.

The West Indies database should be okay, as a couple of us spent quite a bit of time researching common names for it.
          Should I provide you with the list of Indian names?

Comment

Originally posted by Preed View Post

Should I provide you with the list of Indian names?
            Post them here and message Sureshot.

Comment

Working...
            X