All rounder youth players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All rounder youth players

Hoping somebody could answer a quick question.

I last had 2017 and enjoyed it as per usual minus one issue with youth players. If I had anymore than 3 all-rounders in my squad I could never get any in my youth players, no matter how many times I loaded to see if it was possible.

Can anybody confirm whether this is still the case? It's a deal-breaker for me if I can't ever get any all-rounders.

Thanks

I find that the youth players that you get given in your squad are almost always second rate. So I pretty much never end up signing my own youth players. Even with 50k youth budget. In older versions this was the opposite way round and your team produced the best players. But the developers changed something a few versions ago so user teams cannot produce as good a youth players as AI teams.

Yes what you said is still true on CC19. But from what I have found the best youth players, including allrounders, come at the contract screen after you have finished your own team's business.
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Thanks for answering.

That sounds annoying on both counts. There's something special about having players come through your youth academy.

I suppose I need to think whether it's worth getting although I suppose it's probably a fair bit better with a year's break.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmayne7 View Post
        Thanks for answering.

That sounds annoying on both counts. There's something special about having players come through your youth academy.

I suppose I need to think whether it's worth getting although I suppose it's probably a fair bit better with a year's break.
        I will also add that there are many more youth players available than older versions. The ones that teams generate come into the "youth" tab. But many more youth players are also generated which come under the "domestic" tab, which never used to happen in older versions. Do not ask me why this is so!
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

I play international only and it is hard to find quality all-rounders. But what i've also found is quality all-rounders and players in general who don't get a first class/OD call up and get left in the 2nd team averaging 60+ with the bat and >25 with ball.

You really gotta sift through the statistics and you'll find some hidden gems. For example just because a certain bowler has OD average of 40 and FC average of 25 doesn't mean it will reflect this way on the international stage. He may average 20 in tests and 50 in ODIs, you never know unless you give them a go.

Series vs Kenya, Zimbabwe & Ireland etc are good opportunities to try some youth talent, not sure what the equivalent would be in career mode.

Comment

Working...
          X