Bowling in ODI’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling in ODI’s

I just don’t get it. It seems 350 is just an inevitability for the opposition. It gets to a point where I’m barely playing the game. I just set the bowling aggression to 0 and still the batsmen pile up the runs. And I understand that 350 is perfectly plausible. But not this much, especially since my batsmen get stuck in a hole and I end up requiring 10+ per over for 30 overs. Which isn’t sustainable.

On a side note I just went from 147/2 to 149/9 with all people being dismissed on the first yellow bar of aggression.

I’m sure there’s something I can be doing. I just need help! It’s the first time I’ve decided to play all three formats on a career. I’ve previously only played test matches and gotten some success.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Check out my odi videos in the stories section
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
      Check out my odi videos in the stories section
      Curious question, what screen capture are you using? I’ve thought about making some daft CC videos but unsure on software!

Regarding your advice on your videos, my batting has aired up because you made a point about going after the right bowlers. When stoinis went the journey a light bulb went off in my head. So I unlink aggression and go after the all rounders or whatever type of bowler is least suited to current conditions. I’m getting bigger scores. I’ve adapted my bowling to sort of mirror that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ainsley95 View Post

Curious question, what screen capture are you using? I’ve thought about making some daft CC videos but unsure on software!

Regarding your advice on your videos, my batting has aired up because you made a point about going after the right bowlers. When stoinis went the journey a light bulb went off in my head. So I unlink aggression and go after the all rounders or whatever type of bowler is least suited to current conditions. I’m getting bigger scores. I’ve adapted my bowling to sort of mirror that too.
        Nice, haha yes Stoinis certainly got pumped in that game - I don't think I've ever hit a bowler for that much in ten overs!

I use OBS studio. Simple to use and free!
        YouTube
        Facebook

Comment

Some things I do that seems to help when bowling.

1. Bowl to batsman weakness (I set to default for slight preferences, but bowl against their strong preferences)
          2. Base your bowling aggression on the batsman's aggression. I start with medium agg and try to snag a few earlies.
          a) Run a ball - 2 bars
          b) more than run a ball - 1 bar
          c) Rohit mode - full defensive
          3. When bowling defensively, have your field set up to stop boundaries and limit singles.
          4. Bowling to their off-side (providing they dont have a strong preference for it) with 4-5 fielders along the off-side boundary is a popular method of attack in T20 and OD games.

Comment

Working...
          X