Player ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player ability

Hey developers please give us something in the game from which we got an idea of players ability , you may add ability levels/ numbers in players personal info .....

I got many youth players having 2nd team averages above 70 in bat and below 15 in bowl but they all fail in international games no matter they have good averages in domestic career too .....

I promise you that not all of them will, though some certainly will.

The only insight you get into which players have the highest inbuilt ability is by observing which players the AI auto selects in your international party in the first squad of the season
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

IMO
      1) Good domestic/2ndT averages doesn't automatically = instant kohli
      2) Give them at least 15 Matches at a certain level before you write them off
      3) different players "peak" at different ages (I find most batsmen hit their stride between 28-32, for some it's 24-26 and for others maybe 30-34 or even just one good year at 30)
      4) Allow them form. Rather than "testing" out your youth batting at 6-7, give them a real opportunity (bat 3-5) against weaker opposition to allow them to score runs and build a solid average before reaching 15 matches. (from what I've heard, this can affect a young players development)
      5) Keep an eye on the commentary, watch out for played and missed, edges and dropped catches, anything with a "!" . These are a good indicators of a players form/ability or lack thereof.

Developers have stated several times that a part of the challenge is not simply being given a rating or solitary number to assess a players worth. It takes analysis and risk much like in the real world.

don't get me wrong... I feel your frustration...

Comment

Also what Bryce said

Comment

Working...
        X