Why is chasing so difficult?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is chasing so difficult?

Anyone have the problem of being able to score 270 - 360 runs (ODI) but then as soon as the opposition score 200 or more, your team crumbles no matter what aggression you put on?

I understand scoreboard pressure, but it's so overpowered batting first on this game, anyone experienced this?

If you employ the same set formula for each chase then you are going to have a lot of trouble.

Personally, I never use the TRR as a guide and I strongly recommend no one else to use it. I tried using it when the game first game out and found it to be absolutely terrible and utterly unhelpful - mainly because whenever I used it as a guide I would lose!

Each pitch and opposition plays very differently. Some pitches you can score very freely on four aggression and some you struggle to score on six aggression. The conditions indicators serves as a useful guide, but ultimately will never give you as much information as you need.

The three keys for chases are 1)set batsman 2)targeting weaker bowlers and 3)wickets in hand. My whole ODI philosophy changed, for the better, when I saw a post from one of the developers saying that the more wickets you have in hand at the back end of an ODI chase the faster you can score. This helps to explain why when you have hardly any wickets left you will almost always capitulate.

In the game below, my Pakistan side conceded 305 against the abysmal Sri Lankan team. Since Sri Lanka were able to score that much, I figured it must be a good pitch so I started on six aggression. It backfired and I lost my top three very early. I then re-assessed the pitch and started the next two batsman on four aggression. As they got a bit more settled I moved them up to five aggression. After a little longer I moved them up to six aggression.

When Abbasi got out I still needed 80 off nine. However, since I still had plenty of batsmen left in the shed I was able to use eight aggression with my remaining batsmen to successfully complete the chase. Not all matches will end as well, but it is a solid guide. Check out my YouTube channel for some more ideas if you like.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pak_chase.JPG
Views:	507
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	68056
    YouTube
    Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X