Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more updates on CC19? Where are the developers?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynx54321 View Post
    As always the silence is deafening.
    What I dont like is rude people, who think they are owed something.

Sureshot has told you whats going on, but you and others persist, with the persecution via this forum etc.

Go and develop your own cricket sim, if you don't like the way its done.

You are not dealing with EA here.

Comment

Originally posted by CricketFan View Post

What I dont like is rude people, who think they are owed something.

Sureshot has told you whats going on, but you and others persist, with the persecution via this forum etc.

Go and develop your own cricket sim, if you don't like the way its done.

You are not dealing with EA here.
      Wrong. Neither Sureshot or any other dev has bothered to come on here for months prior to that one response.

As a small set up the communication with fans is even more important than it is for the likes of EA. The lack of communication and continued failure to answer basic questions about game features is piss poor.

If paying customers are taking the time to post on the forum then the devs do OWE it to them to answer questions and communicate and not to go AWOL for 2 months.

Comment

Hi. First of all an apology for the radio silence. We’ve been working for a long time on an update to fix crashes in the Android version, which then became more complicated because we have to move to 64 bit to be able to release now, which caused more bugs. We’re close with that now, but still having trouble on some devices which is preventing an update as we have to release on all platforms at the same time. Hope to have that finished early next week.

Now - the big news is that I’ve found the bug in the match engine which is causing aggressive and very aggressive batsmen to score too fast at normal aggression (and 4 notches). This has completely upset the game balance. I’ve looked at that code 100 times and couldn’t see the problem, then finally noticed it was applying the natural aggression adjuster twice. Obviously it’s really important that we get this patch out as soon as possible and we’re working on that right now.

Apologies again for this bug. Entirely my fault.

Thanks for your continued support and for helping track this bug down.

Chris

Comment

Apology accepted Chris and thanks for this update. Still keen to know how technique training works mind .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
            Hi. First of all an apology for the radio silence. We’ve been working for a long time on an update to fix crashes in the Android version, which then became more complicated because we have to move to 64 bit to be able to release now, which caused more bugs. We’re close with that now, but still having trouble on some devices which is preventing an update as we have to release on all platforms at the same time. Hope to have that finished early next week.

Now - the big news is that I’ve found the bug in the match engine which is causing aggressive and very aggressive batsmen to score too fast at normal aggression (and 4 notches). This has completely upset the game balance. I’ve looked at that code 100 times and couldn’t see the problem, then finally noticed it was applying the natural aggression adjuster twice. Obviously it’s really important that we get this patch out as soon as possible and we’re working on that right now.

Apologies again for this bug. Entirely my fault.

Thanks for your continued support and for helping track this bug down.

Chris
            Many thanks Chris! I think that the frustration of your fans stems from the fact that CC is probably the "Best and only" cricket SIM available right now. Looking forward to your update and great work in finding out about the "aggression" bug. The game is going to be more enjoyable for all now! Cheers.

Comment

Santa Claus might be bringing something after all. Even to the wicked ones. Really something to look forward too.
              Thanks Chris

I do hope a new DB will have all those new players and minor fixes that has been mentioned in several places. Not only update engine.

But I will always miss a tiny editor, so I perhaps can unretire some players the game sadly retire all to early.
              The great spinner Imran Tahir always retire directly after the first season in any save I start. IRL he just keep going. The man is ageless. but not in this game.

Last edited by clamel; 12-10-2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I can understand people wanting updates, patches and all the other spin, but, for £20 you are getting one helluva good game. Sure, it's got flaws but in life what hasn't. I get hours and hours of fun out of Cricket Captain and hope the developers continue their excellent work. Come on.... £20.... that's two pints and an average curry.

Comment

Thanks for the kind replies, guys.

It's been a very frustrating few months for us and I would also like to offer my apologies for not communicating enough with you all. Getting 64-bit working on Android has been very tough, and as that over run we've also had to update our Android SDK support, which is a big job in itself. These are both massive jobs as CC2019 on Android supports several thousand devices. I'm pleased Chris has found this aggression bug, it should massively improve the game once we can release and we're pushing hard on that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinMusic View Post
                    I can understand people wanting updates, patches and all the other spin, but, for £20 you are getting one helluva good game. Sure, it's got flaws but in life what hasn't. I get hours and hours of fun out of Cricket Captain and hope the developers continue their excellent work. Come on.... £20.... that's two pints and an average curry.
                    You obviously were not following the CC19 release very closely, as when it was released the developers stated that regular improvements would be added to the game throughout the course of the season. This created an ill-fated sense of hope and expectation among loyal fans as this failed to evenuate to to any real degree. If this had not been the case then you would have a point.
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X