Suggestions for Game Disconnections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Game Disconnections

Way too many losers here disconnect the game when they find that they are going to lose (across the 3 formats). That is very pissing off to say the least.
    A strong suggestion to the guys here at Childish Things is to award the opponent a victory if the user on the other side has disconnected the match. Simply because it takes a lot to get tactics right and execute them - and to be disconnected MIDWAY is NOT DONE. I personally have lost out on at-least a dozen of such games.
    Another thing is - what's up with the Game Errors! Gosh! So many times.. that's pretty frustrating too. Get that resolved at least in your next update or the 2020 game.
    #FrustratedUser #ChildishThings #InternetGame

In complete agreement on this. Players should get some points if their opponent disconnects; some real sinners online. Especially Maj (he has two teams) one has zero losses. He needed 70 odd against me with 1 wicket left and disconnected.

Some other guy played me and I made 360 off 50 overs and then disconnected. Wasted so much of my time!

Comment

Well, we already have users like "emilia" who set up two different teams and then throw 50 games just so they can be #1. Imagine making it even easier for them to get points?

I don't even get why we have disconnections. If my wifi signal drops for a second then I am disconnected. There needs to be an opportunity for users to regain connection from a dropped signal.

Greater penalties do certainly need to be enforced to deter this behavior. It is a tough one though when you consider the power blackouts that often take place across the subcontinent, where a lot of online players are based.
      YouTube
      Facebook

Comment

that is a good suggestion. they really need to work on the online game play details. disconnections are unfair as well as the game has encountered an error bug is so nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
          Well, we already have users like "emilia" who set up two different teams and then throw 50 games just so they can be #1. Imagine making it even easier for them to get points?

I don't even get why we have disconnections. If my wifi signal drops for a second then I am disconnected. There needs to be an opportunity for users to regain connection from a dropped signal.

Greater penalties do certainly need to be enforced to deter this behavior. It is a tough one though when you consider the power blackouts that often take place across the subcontinent, where a lot of online players are based.
          Absolutely Mate! Power blackouts is a reality in India and its horrible when it happens or as you said about the WiFi signal dropping for a sec and BOOM! Disconnected! Losses are part of the game. People just don't get that!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post

I don't even get why we have disconnections. If my WiFi signal drops for a second then I am disconnected. There needs to be an opportunity for users to regain connection from a dropped signal.

Can we make a list of the users that throw games or are in for the fun of it all? It will help users like us who are genuine and want to play the game fair and square. Emilia is one I've noted too. There are a lot of Pakistan dudes who do this disconnection stuff - I've noticed THAT in particular.

Comment

New to the online mode of this game although I have been playing offline for a while now. Just played two games and very frustrated coz both times my opponent left the game they were losing, and the game just abruptly ended with no feedback at all from the game client. My wins also do not go up so it feels like if the opponent is losing they'd rather just abandon the game and thats it. Would be great if you guys can release a patch that allows the game to carry on with the AI taking over if an opponent disconnects so that the user experience remains smooth for the player who does remain online.

Comment

Originally posted by rastafareye View Post
                New to the online mode of this game although I have been playing offline for a while now. Just played two games and very frustrated coz both times my opponent left the game they were losing, and the game just abruptly ended with no feedback at all from the game client. My wins also do not go up so it feels like if the opponent is losing they'd rather just abandon the game and thats it. Would be great if you guys can release a patch that allows the game to carry on with the AI taking over if an opponent disconnects so that the user experience remains smooth for the player who does remain online.
                The guys here have done nothing to address this issue - and its such a turn-off.
                Had 3 out of 3 straight disconnections (all in winning positions - 1 test and two ODI's) that is 3 victories to my name - but alas! NOTHING.

Comment

Working...
                X