Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when opening game - MacBook Air

Hi All,

I've just purchased Cricket Captain 2019 through the App Store on my MacBook Air (OS X 10.10.5) and when clicking on the icon to open the game, an error message appears stating

"Cricket Captain 2019 cannot be opened because of a problem, Check with the developer to make sure Cricket Captain 2019 works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X"

If possible, please can anybody let me know how to rectify this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Just done exactly the same - paid 19quid and can't get it to work. MacBook Pro (OS X 10.10.5 64bit processor)

Please can someone help??

Comment

Just for more info this is part of what the error message says:

Application Specific Information:
      dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
      Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework/Versions/A/Metal
      Referenced from: /Applications/Cricket Captain 2019.app/Contents/MacOS/Cricket Captain 2019
      Reason: image not found

Comment

anything on this or have I just donated 18 quid to the Childish lockdown fund?

Comment

if this is the wrong place to be asking then do point me in the right direction...

Comment

Any news on this lads?

Anything, anyone?

Comment

You've wasted your time mate. The companies attitude to customer service is absolutely dire. The devs disappeared for a couple of months previously but you get get lucky and someone will rock up.

Comment

ah, well thanks for replying anyway

guess it'll be last time i'll buy the game - or any thing from Chris Child

Comment

Yeah unfortunately the develop attitudes to customers on these forums has certainly out me off buying from them again.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in response guys.

I'm discussing with our Mac developer on what this issue could be.

You can request a refund for Mac through here as we cannot issue them ourselves for Mac or iOS purchases:

Some purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Books or other Apple services may be eligible for a refund. You can use any device with a web browser to request a refund.

Comment

thanks for the reply.

I'll try the refund and will update if it works - I hope you find out what it is as I'd love to play it...

Comment

No they've determined that I won't get a refund. And told me to contact the developer directly re the dysfunction.

Any news from the Mac Developer?

Comment

Originally posted by Brace View Post
                          No they've determined that I won't get a refund. And told me to contact the developer directly re the dysfunction.

Any news from the Mac Developer?
                          Unusual, Apple tend to be fine with refunds.

We cannot repeat this issue on our Macs or our partner with theirs, but we don't have as old a version as Yosemite (10.10.5), which is the common link. It works fine on later versions of Mac OS. I'm using High Sierra, they are investigating downgrading to Yosemite so we can test on that OS.

We're still working on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X