Cricket captain 2020?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sureshot,

Will we have a chance to give feedback on updated squads based on screenshots, as in previous years? Totally understand if this is not possible due to the current situation.

Looking forward to the new release either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok 1970 View Post
      Hi Hallmitchell, no, I haven`t actually read that particular book, but I have read quite a few accounts from both perspectives. I just found it very sad that the South African team of 1970, never got the chance to show fulfil true potential, and I`ve always thought that those West Indian players were very brave, money aside, they actually lifted the spirits and morale of many black South Africans. Well, one things for sure, we will never know, but with Cricket Captain , you can at least fantasize a little. Sorry for going on, lockdown fever I think.
      I enjoy your posts! I finished the book last week and gave it 5/5 stars.

Comment

Hi Hallmitchell, I also enjoy reading your posts. Tell me, what cricket era is your favourite. I think you know mine already. LOL

Comment

The 2 player offline mode was really fun, which was present in previous editions. Don't know why they removed it. Could you please add that mode again Sureshot

Comment

Hey I love the post here. Must say I'm truly grateful. What I would love to see in CC2020 is bowlers preference... as in for a F, FM, MF you list their strengths such as strongly prefer bowling Yorkers, bouncers, off cutters, leg cutters, slower deliveries etc. For OS, LS, SLA you list the strengths such as googly, top spinner, flipper, slider, doosra, arm ball etc. This feature will tell the characteristics of the bowler. Therefore one can tell what to expect from a bowler. Especially if your using him on very aggressive bars or very defensive bars. This also can tell how good a bowler maybe aswell with his different variations if any more than 1. I would love to see the third umpires making calls on run outs, stumping and I would love to see the DRS use as well.

Comment

Hi Hallmitchell, I also enjoy reading your posts. Tell me, what cricket era is your favourite. I think you know mine already. LOL
              My favourite is 1975-85.

Comment

That`s a very interesting 10 years. The start of the Cricket World Cup in 1975, and the rebel tours to South Africa started in 1982.

Comment

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                  Hi Sureshot,

Will we have a chance to give feedback on updated squads based on screenshots, as in previous years? Totally understand if this is not possible due to the current situation.

Looking forward to the new release either way!
                  I need to check with Chris, but I'm still hoping to do this before release.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv View Post
                    The 2 player offline mode was really fun, which was present in previous editions. Don't know why they removed it. Could you please add that mode again Sureshot
                    We removed 2 player mode when we moved to the new User Interface system for CC2014 as it would have required a lot of work to get it working with the new system, 2 player mode was not particularly well used as a game mode. Realistically, it's unlikely to return any time soon.

Comment

Like many of you, I`m looking forward to the release of CC2020, but before it`s unleashed, and we rush to buy, could we have a taste of what improvements or additions have been made?

Comment

Like many of you, I`m looking forward to the release of CC2020, but before it`s unleashed, and we rush to buy, could we have a taste of what improvements or additions have been made?
                        That will be released very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

That will be released very soon.
                          Sureshot
                          The reason I stopped playing CC19 months ago was due the unrealistic simulated matches. All ODI AI simulated matches ends with team batting second getting allout(if they lose) between 30-40 overs intead trying to play all 50overs most of the times. AI must stop being over-aggressive during the middle overs and should focus on building partnership, then in the death overs they must accelerate.
                          I hope the new iteration resolves those issues and also implement the ideas I suggested in post: https://childishthings.com/forum/for...8714#post68714
                          Last edited by ZH8; 06-04-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Sureshot
                            Is the release date displayed on Steam (18 June) confirmed or still an estimate for now?

Comment

Originally posted by MateGaming View Post
                              Sureshot
                              Is the release date displayed on Steam (18 June) confirmed or still an estimate for now?
                              Confirmed, but with everything going on in the world, we will be taking everything cautiously this year.

I've just taken screenshots of squads so will create some threads for them in here. Encountering a bug with vBulletin so can't currently create a new forum!

Comment

As many cricket fans I was relieved when I saw this years game was being released.

However looking at it, there seems to be basically no improvements from last years game or no new features. It’s just the same old stuff we’ve had for years now

I don’t want to sound like a moaner, but I just can’t see what is going to be different in this years game? We need new, exciting, innovative features if we’re going to keep spending money on the game.

I’d personally love an editor option (I know this isn’t for everyone which I do understand, but I think if the option was there then it’s up to user choice if they use it or not)

I’d also love more varied graphics, an ability to apply for jobs both national and county. And also possibly a create your own team option.

I know these features are not for everyone and would take work but these are just personal suggestions

Comment

Working...
                                X