Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrahamB
    replied
    We started off the season with a University match against Oxford MCCU.

I took the opportunity to rest some key players and try out some of the fringe players.
    As a result, we were the only county side not to secure a victory against a University side.

Gloucestershire - 319/5 declared (G.Hankins-105, I.Cockbain-101no, M.Hammond-65, B.Horne-3/107).

Oxford MCCU - 231 all out (T.Smith-4/62)

Gloucestershire - 251/3 declared (M.Hammond-117no, T.Hallawell-60no)

Oxford MCCU - 231/2

Match drawn.
    Last edited by GrahamB; 06-01-2019, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MarksNotts
    replied
    Quite difficult this season, they lost their 2 main seamers Miles and Norwell to Warwickshire last season, although Higgins and Bracey look great prospects and Dent is always goods for runs.
    Good luck Graham.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    replied
    Prior to the season starting, we took the opportunity to sign South African all-rounder, Ferisco Adams, as our reserve overseas player.
    We also signed a youth batsman, Tom Hellawell, to shore up our batting.

Gloucestershire supposedly has the weakest batting attack in Division 2. There are no star players, but to me, we have enough good batsmen to manage.
    We have two good openers in Chris Dent, who will be our captain, and Miles Hammond.
    All-rounder, Graeme van Buuren, has an average just over 40, while Tom Hellawell, keeper Gareth Roderick, James Bracey, Jack Taylor and Ian Cockbain all look to be solid performers.

Our bowling attack is headed by Aussie Dan Worrall, Ryan Higgins, David Payne and Stu Whittingham.
    Graeme van Buuren is our key spinner, although batsman, Ben Charlesworth, could be a useful back-up. Tom Smith looked to have a promising future as a youngster, but never really delivered the goods. We're hoping that we might be able to change that.

Leave a comment:

• GrahamB
    started a topic Gloucestershire under GrahamB (story)

Gloucestershire under GrahamB (story)

Seems it's a toss-up between Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire as to which is the weakest squad, so I''l go with Gloucestershire.
Working...
X