No announcement yet.

Roar of the Tigers - A Test Championship Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We next host table toppers Australia in our home.
    TEST SERIES AGAINST AUSTRALIA - 1st Test at Dhaka

Australia won the toss and elected to bat first.

1st Inns - Australia
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Aus 1st Inns.png
Views:	153
Size:	513.9 KB
ID:	68213
    Smith and Head combined for an important 4th wicket stand and in the process, registering their half centuries and Starc frustrated us at the tail with a well made 66 otherwise on the spinning track, Shakib was it's venomous best with 6/63 as Australia could only post 329.

1st Inns - Bangladesh

Name:	Ban 1st Inns.png
Views:	138
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	68214
    Soumya once again showed his class with a well made century and Shakib supported brilliantly with 119 of his own as we take the lead of 85 runs.

2nd Inns - Australia

Name:	Aus 2nd Inns.png
Views:	131
Size:	504.2 KB
ID:	68216
    Warner was the only guy registering a 50+ score as Shakib's spin partner Taijul Islam run roughshod through Australia with 6/81.

2nd Inns - Bangladesh

Name:	Ban 2nd Inns.png
Views:	142
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	68217
    Shakib and Kayes ensured an easy test win as we win our 5th test on the trot.

Bangladesh won by 7 wickets.
    MOM: Shakib Al Hasan

Attached Files

Comment

TEST SERIES AGAINST AUSTRALIA - 2nd Test at Chittagong
      Australia won the toss and elected to bat first.

1st Inns - Australia

Name:	1st Inns Aus.png
Views:	147
Size:	523.4 KB
ID:	68260
      Khawaja made 86 and Short made a century and Cummins gave good support. Saifuddin was the real surprise as the medium pacer took 6/135. Taijul disappointed while Shakib took 3/93.

1st Inns - Bangladesh

Name:	1st Inns Ban.png
Views:	128
Size:	511.7 KB
ID:	68261
      Soumya Sarkar!!!! Take a bow!!! Surviving over 2 days, he makes a brilliant triple ton, my 1st of international career and carries his bat throughout while Das contributed with 69 as we make a massive 501. Hazlewood was the most successful with 4/93.

2nd Inns - Australia

Name:	2nd Inns Aus.png
Views:	135
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	68262
      Warner and Harris at the top posted almost identical scores and Short followed up his first innings century with yet another one, giving him double 100's in this test as they post 400 again. Taijul made up for his failure in the first innings with yet another 5 wicket haul and Shakib polished off the remaining wickets.

2nd Inns - Bangladesh

Name:	2nd Inns Ban.png
Views:	134
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	68263
      Sarkar was in no mood to slow down as again carried his bat scoring 176 and almost won us the match but Starc's fiery fiver had already broken the chase.

Match Drawn
      MOM: Soumya Sarkar

Comment

Well Well him again I don't what to say. He averages 40 in my save. How are you batting so consistently with same batsman?

Comment

Originally posted by bhagwati View Post
          Well Well him again I don't what to say. He averages 40 in my save. How are you batting so consistently with same batsman?
          I don't know as well. Maybe there is a certain randomization to every game which affects the player. In my save maybe Soumya Sarkar has got some great destiny stats to perform like this.

Comment

Originally posted by kanegan View Post

I don't know as well. Maybe there is a certain randomization to every game which affects the player. In my save maybe Soumya Sarkar has got some great destiny stats to perform like this.
            Yeah maybe, but no player in my save is playing like this. How is he doing in odi & t20i.

He has scored 1470 runs at 245 in 6 tests with 7 100s & 2 50s in 12 innings.

These are some epic stats
            Last edited by bhagwati; 09-07-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bhagwati View Post

Yeah maybe, but no player in my save is playing like this. How is he doing in odi & t20i.

He has scored 1470 runs at 245 in 6 tests with 7 100s & 2 50s in 12 innings.

These are some epic stats
              Ya, those are epic stats. He is doing pretty average in t20's and ODI's so it seems that Test cricket format has suited him like a glove.

Comment

Test Championship Points Table

Name:	Points Summary.png
Views:	123
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	68388

So, we go top of the standings after defeating Australia.

Talking Points

Hits

Soumya Sarkar - The man continues to grow into a giant sized legend. With 2 centuries and a triple century, he took our heart away.

Shakib Al Hasan - The legendary all-rounder hit a half-century and a century and 14 wickets including a 6 wicket haul as he was a crucial part of the series.

Taijul Islam - Took two 5+ wicket hauls in the series with a 6 for and a 7 for

Misses

N Islam- Got his first chance instead of the injured Ashraful but disappointed big time.

Top 10 Test Batsman

Name:	Batsmen Ratings.png
Views:	112
Size:	430.9 KB
ID:	68389

Of course, this had to happen. Soumya Sarkar, the breathtaking maestro tops the chart with Imrul Kayes accompanying him in the top 10 at 6th position. Shakib slots in the 12th to make 3 Bangladeshis in top 15.

Top 10 Test Bowlers

Name:	Bowler Ratings.png
Views:	114
Size:	437.0 KB
ID:	68390
                Taijul tops the list in bowlers while Shakib rounds off the top 10 making two Bangladeshis in top 10 test bowlers

Comment

Great work! Easy or normal mode?
                  YouTube
                  Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                    Great work! Easy or normal mode?
                    Thanks mate. Normal mode. Sarkar has been a game breaking beast which is why we have been able to post big scores and chase down targets with ease.

Comment

Season's Top 5 Test Batsman

Name:	Season's Top 5 Test Batsman.png
Views:	110
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	68453
                      Soumya Sarkar was a run-machine, scoring 1547 runs @avg. of 140.64 with 7 centuries and 3 half centuries. He also managed a double century and a triple century this season. Shakib and Kayes also performed well with Kayes hitting a double century.

Season's Top 5 Test Bowlers

Name:	Season's Top 5 Test Bowlers.png
Views:	98
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	68454
                      Taijul reached 50 wickets from 8 matches with 4 fivers. Shakib supported well with 29 wickets as he showed he is still the best all-rounder in the game.

Other Milestones

Name:	Shakib.png
Views:	99
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	68455
                      Shakib crossed 4000 runs and overtook Tamim Iqbal to become the highest run getter in tests.

Name:	Soumya.png
Views:	99
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	68456
                      Soumya Sarkar crossed 2000 runs and became the only Bangladeshi triple centurion in tests.

Name:	Milestone.png
Views:	101
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	68457
                      Shakib also became his country's highest test wicket taker with 234 wickets showing that he is the GOAT of all-rounders in this generation leading both the batting and bowling in country. Taijul Islam and Mehedi Hasan also reached milestones as they both crossed 100 wickets.

Comment

Working...
                      X