X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2021 Steam Release Date and Features

Hello Cricket Captain fans,

Cricket Captain 2021 takes to the field for a new season. An exciting year includes the final of the inaugural Test Match Championship, and the new ODI World Championship, which gives teams the chance to qualify for the 2023 World Cup. The 100 Ball competition will run for the first time, introducing a new short format game. Cricket Captain 2021 gives you the change to play in these, and many more, competitions and formats.

20 Over match simulation has been improved for Cricket Captain 2021, with a rebalanced match engine and updated batting aggression bar, providing greater control of scoring rate. We have also increased outfield catches when batsmen are attacking. The target RPO (T.RPO) indicator has been replaced with estimated RPO (E.RPO) when batting, taking changing bowler tactics into account, to give greater scoring rate accuracy. Dot ball percentage has replaced maidens in 20 Over matches to provide further information about the bowling strengths and performance of your bowlers.

The exciting atmosphere of the Super Over makes its debut in Cricket Captain. The English domestic system has been updated with the latest rules for competitions and overseas players. We have also updated the South African domestic system, with 15 new teams.

Cricket Captain 2021 features a full database update, including new stats for fastest 50s and 100s for team, ground and versus records.

Cricket Captain takes cricket management simulation another step forward, giving you more options than ever to manage your team to glory.

Key features for 2021 include:
    • ODI and Test World Championships: compete in the new ODI World Championship.
    • Super Over: exciting one over shootouts for tied matches.
    • 20 Over Simulation: improved engine, with new controls and stats.
    • English Domestic System: with the latest competitions and overseas player rules.
    • English 100 Ball Competition: updated squads as the competition starts this summer.
    • Change International Team: receive job offers from around the world.
    • South Africa Domestic System: updated to match the new formats.
    • Fastest 50s and 100s: thousands of new records to break.
    • Improved Batting Controls: new batting aggression bar allows greater control.
    • Improved Bowling Controls: greater control in limited over matches.
    • New Kits: updates for English domestic and international teams.
    • Match Engine: rebalanced runs and wickets engine, improved outfield catches for aggressive batsman, E.RPO taking in to account bowler tactics, reduced caught and bowled chance.
    • Internet Game: improved reliability and cheat detection.
    • ATGs Online: All-Time Great teams can now be played in online friendlies.
    • Historical Scenarios: play in classic England test series vs India or New Zealand.
    • Tournament Modes: play in stand-alone One Day or 20 Over World Cups. Create your own World XIs, All-Time Greats and Custom Match Series.
    • Improved Availability Indicator in Contracts: including indication of 100-ball and 20 over competition participation for domestic team contracts.
    Complete Stats Update:
    • Updated player database with over 7,000 players.
    • Updated versus, ground and team records.
    • Updated domestic squads for all 150 playable domestic teams.
    • Updated recent series stats for all players.
    • New dot ball percentage replaces maidens for 20 over stats.

Steam page:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Captain_2021/

Please note, last year there were some posts about the time Steam says for release, there is no automatic release at that time, it's just a time we have to put in.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-13-2021, 10:59 AM.

This looks great - Looking at the screen shots on Steam , I can see for the ODI Championship that you only have 12 Teams - are you not including the Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by Barry2907 View Post
      This looks great - Looking at the screen shots on Steam , I can see for the ODI Championship that you only have 12 Teams - are you not including the Netherlands
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020%E...p_Super_League
      We've left Netherlands out of the ODI Championship because we don't have the qualifying tournament in-game that the Netherlands won to qualify for the ODI Championship.

Comment

Sureshot I know it's probably unlikely to be in the immediate release, but have the team looked into a way to have a more dynamic fixture, at least in an International match sense? To better describe it, every Australian series in-game begins at the GABBA. This sometimes means things like the Boxing Day Test isn't at the MCG, and the Pink Test isn't at the SCG for example because the fixture is locked into a set routine, regardless of the length of the series.

Comment

Also, are we likely to see player numbers in the near future?

Comment

WCSL and Super Over are probably the most exciting features to be added in Cricket Captain.

Changing international teams is a fantastic addition as well. Good job guys

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

We've left Netherlands out of the ODI Championship because we don't have the qualifying tournament in-game that the Netherlands won to qualify for the ODI Championship.
              The lack of associate sides has always been a major problem with the Cricket Captain series. International Careers for all nations ranked outside of the top 5 or so would be far more interesting and engaging if there was the risk of playing in a World Cup qualification tournament as well as having the chance to play against different opponents.

A World Cup qualification tournament against different sides than usual would add great variety to the game. Further, being able to play as Scotland/Netherlands/another associate and trying to qualify for the World Cup would be a great game mode, even if it was not made into a full international career mode.

It would also be great to see top associate players in county cricket/T20 leagues/domestic leagues as occurs in real life. By erasing all countries except 12 it leaves the international game mode feeling extremely hollow after the first few seasons.

I really hope to see these features implemented in a future edition of the game. As it is I'm tempted not to buy the game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneWhoBlocksFullTosses View Post

The lack of associate sides has always been a major problem with the Cricket Captain series. International Careers for all nations ranked outside of the top 5 or so would be far more interesting and engaging if there was the risk of playing in a World Cup qualification tournament as well as having the chance to play against different opponents.

A World Cup qualification tournament against different sides than usual would add great variety to the game. Further, being able to play as Scotland/Netherlands/another associate and trying to qualify for the World Cup would be a great game mode, even if it was not made into a full international career mode.

It would also be great to see top associate players in county cricket/T20 leagues/domestic leagues as occurs in real life. By erasing all countries except 12 it leaves the international game mode feeling extremely hollow after the first few seasons.

I really hope to see these features implemented in a future edition of the game. As it is I'm tempted not to buy the game this year.
                You just spoke my mind. Without having Netherlands and in future the associate spot in WCSL, the WCSL is incomplete. They need to add this feature even if that means just a short qualifying tournament with 4-5 teams .

Comment

Sureshot Are you updating the WTC point system. Cricinfo has reported that it will be 12 points for each match instead of 120 points for a series and the standings will be determined by percentage of contested points won.

Comment

It will be just like a copy pasted version of International management mode just the selection criteria would result in greying out players over the age of 20 and the additon of bi annual worldcup. I think it is easy to implement.
                    Is it hard to get the U19 competition and worldcup in the game? it will really add value to the game and i think much easier to implement as well. It's great to run an U19 national team and see the players playing for national side in few years.

Comment

Have you guys set a price for the new game ($AU) ?

Comment

Originally posted by giantshank View Post
                        Sureshot Are you updating the WTC point system. Cricinfo has reported that it will be 12 points for each match instead of 120 points for a series and the standings will be determined by percentage of contested points won.
                        Yes, the points system has been updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzroy FC View Post
                          Have you guys set a price for the new game ($AU) ?
                          What platform are you on?

Comment

Originally posted by Rumblah View Post
                            Sureshot I know it's probably unlikely to be in the immediate release, but have the team looked into a way to have a more dynamic fixture, at least in an International match sense? To better describe it, every Australian series in-game begins at the GABBA. This sometimes means things like the Boxing Day Test isn't at the MCG, and the Pink Test isn't at the SCG for example because the fixture is locked into a set routine, regardless of the length of the series.
                            Good point, I'll speak to Andy.

I've added the "new" Perth stadium, with all records set up. WA still play at WACA, Perth 20 over and Aus play at the stadium.

Player numbers, do you mean cap numbers or shirt numbers? Shirt numbers aren't worth doing with our current player models as I'm not sure they'd be readable. Could also be a research nightmare (for both cap or shirt numbers).

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Good point, I'll speak to Andy.

I've added the "new" Perth stadium, with all records set up. WA still play at WACA, Perth 20 over and Aus play at the stadium.

Player numbers, do you mean cap numbers or shirt numbers? Shirt numbers aren't worth doing with our current player models as I'm not sure they'd be readable. Could also be a research nightmare (for both cap or shirt numbers).
                              Thanks for the reply. I was referring to shirt numbers there yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X