Super overs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super overs

I'm currently playing the T20 World Cup tournament (as England) to get an early go at T20, and I must say in general, though I've only played three matches in the format so far, early indicators are that T20 seems miles better than in CC18 & 20, so thanks to Sureshot and the team! Even the animations seem more realistic, particularly in terms of where the ball goes and what kind of shots the batsmen try - has much work been done on that for this edition?

To my main point, I've just had my first experience of a super over! Playing India and batting second, I had the chase in hand, but Bumrah and Pandya completely shut me down in the last few overs, and I only just managed to level the scores with the final ball. So to the super over, I sent out Jason Roy (who'd just scored 70-odd in the match so seemed in good form) and Joss Buttler, stuck them one off maximum aggression and went for it. India put Bumrah up to bowl again, and I only managed one boundary, a couple of dots and three singles, which was very disappointing, but I think to be honest indicative of how Bumrah had bowled in the match, so no complaints. I went with Tom Curran to bowl (he'd taken 5/23 in the match), and went with my standard T20 defensive field with 1 bar of aggression, bowling full pitched. Predictably, it lasted just 3 balls - a single from Kohli followed by a massive 6 from Sharma and then an easy single to finish. Gutted!

So, has anyone else had any goes at super overs yet, and how have you approached them?

Haven't had one yet but am very tempted to put it on maximum bowling aggression and hope for 2 wickets in 2 balls

Comment

Thanks Jobi1K

We're really pleased with 20 Overs now, there's more control available. It can still be a frustrating mode, as so many wickets fall, but that's the nature of the beast.

Yes, Chris spent a lot of time on the outfield catches to create more accurate dismissal types when batsmen attack. There's a lot more outfield catches now, it's quite nice seeing diving outfield catches now!

There was a couple of animation bug fixes and in the abvoe work Chris found and fixed an issue with highlights that would have caused DC/errors in previous versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        We're really pleased with 20 Overs now, there's more control available. It can still be a frustrating mode, as so many wickets fall, but that's the nature of the beast.

Yes, Chris spent a lot of time on the outfield catches to create more accurate dismissal types when batsmen attack. There's a lot more outfield catches now, it's quite nice seeing diving outfield catches now!
        I've definitely felt like I have more control when batting in these few games I've played so far – felt like the players were responding better to the adjustments I was making to the aggression. I haven't had any spectacular outfield diving catches yet, but I've seen a few dismissals of things like the batter trying a massive inside-out slog, miscuing and getting caught at deep 3rd, which is highly realistic and not something I remember seeing much of before in the game. Also seem to be more nicks and (deliberate) glances that go really close to the keeper and down for 4, which again is very realistic. Love it!

Originally posted by Sam_Canterbury View Post
        Haven't had one yet but am very tempted to put it on maximum bowling aggression and hope for 2 wickets in 2 balls
        That's an interesting one – my mind automatically went to defence, but maybe trying to knock them over might work. Might give that a try next time I get one! Would you go with an attacking field as well though, or still try to cover the boundary as much as possible?

Comment

Just had my second super over experience - much more successful this time! I batted first, went one bar off top aggression and the opposition bowled two no balls and I managed to crack a couple of boundaries, making 15 off the over in total. Then went with a bowler who'd taken 5 wickets in the game, bowled full on off stump with 1 bar of aggression and my usual T20 defensive field, and it only lasted 3 balls: wicket, dot, wicket!

Comment

Working...
          X