X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    Originally posted by cde View Post
    I have given the online game another try, with more success with regards to drop-outs but a bit less in regards to remembering to double check my team! I played two T20 matches with a few players I didn't intend to field but that is down to operator incompetence. I also played a good 4 day game and all went well.

Just one question, when you play another domestic team should it be possible for them to field several long retired players? I played Shewag11 and his team contains Shewag, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Ganguly...

I took a beating but that was more to do with dropping Tendulkar in single figures only for him to hit a match defining total.

Should you be able to pick these players? If they have found a way around that it isn't great but if it also allows their performance to be enhanced that is an even bigger issue.
    Check the player profiles, he has just renamed his players to his favourites, it’s not actually them

Leave a comment:

• saviopaes
    replied
    I have given the online game another try, with more success with regards to drop-outs but a bit less in regards to remembering to double check my team! I played two T20 matches with a few players I didn't intend to field but that is down to operator incompetence. I also played a good 4 day game and all went well.

Just one question, when you play another domestic team should it be possible for them to field several long retired players? I played Shewag11 and his team contains Shewag, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Ganguly...

I took a beating but that was more to do with dropping Tendulkar in single figures only for him to hit a match defining total.

Should you be able to pick these players? If they have found a way around that it isn't great but if it also allows their performance to be enhanced that is an even bigger issue.
    I believe I have an answer to that. He says (when I questioned him about those players) that the players are just renamed to his fancy. It didn't look like to me-coz he bashed around my bowlers, like an actual Sehwag or Tendulkar (on game) would do. I disconnected on him, logged in back and gave him a telling off. I absolutely do not tolerate cheaters/cheating/abuse n the likes.

How much truth is there to that - I do not know, but I for one WILL NEVER PLAY user/team name SEHWAG11. His team is un-realistic.

Leave a comment:

• cde
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cde
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Have you played online since 1st September? This was when all online users were forced to use the latest version of the game to play online. The last patch contained an online stability fix, which during my testing of online was much more stable and I didn't experience the instability issues from before that fix.
    No, I haven't. I did have some stability issues which seemed to be my end and it would be great if that was the only issue. I tried a handful of games, with the only completed game being a loss! I had issues where my connection seemed to drop out while attempting a rematch but the biggest issue was getting in strong positions and my opponent messing about. A couple of times they disconnected but a few more times they just left me hanging and when I finally gave up after 10-15 minutes I seemed to be given a disconnection! Once you get a handful of those against your name it's understandably harder to get people to play you.

It would be a nice addition to the game but until there is a system in place that uses the DLS method to determine a likely outcome and award points accordingly I don't see the point. There would also have to be some way of gaining points if your opponent is in a really poor position and disconnects during the first innings. I had people on 100-8 and such like when they dropped out, if a player is in a statistically poor position then they should lose that game outright.

Sorry. Stropping.

As for abusive players and those who appear to be maliciously using other player's older team names, that appears to be the sad position almost everything internet based is in.

I think you do a great job of trying to keeping it clean and a making it a good environment for everyone and I also see that it is really hard to allow for disconnections and varying internet speeds. Thanks for all of that.
    Last edited by cde; 09-10-2021, 10:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    Until the disconnection issues are resolved I can't see any reason to play online, it just promises frustration and wasted time.
    Have you played online since 1st September? This was when all online users were forced to use the latest version of the game to play online. The last patch contained an online stability fix, which during my testing of online was much more stable and I didn't experience the instability issues from before that fix.

Leave a comment:

• saviopaes
    replied
    Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    saviopaes I've deleted ithrowlikeagirl from the server for abuse. Thank you for reporting.

We're in discussions on an option for disabling game chat.
    Thank You, much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• cde
    replied
    Until the disconnection issues are resolved I can't see any reason to play online, it just promises frustration and wasted time.

Leave a comment:

• Sureshot
    replied
    saviopaes I've deleted ithrowlikeagirl from the server for abuse. Thank you for reporting.

We're in discussions on an option for disabling game chat.

Leave a comment:

• Fitzroy FC
    replied
    If only I could abuse the cpu like this sometimes...

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Why didn't you use other bowlers to get wickets?
    weird tactic

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie
    replied
    Why you guys continually try and play online and suffer all this abuse is beyond me?
    Don’t get this much hassle sleeping at work!

Leave a comment:

• josbuttlerfan
    replied
    I've lost count of the amount of guys disconnecting 8 or 9 wickets down now, getting a bit tedious. Stop scaring the honest players away!

Leave a comment:

• saviopaes
    replied
    I have a question:

Is there any way to DISABLE chats during a game on the computer/laptop. If so, I would love to avail of that option against some opponents. Sureshot

Leave a comment:

• saviopaes
    replied
    Test played against user: ithrowlikeagirl

The chats begin after I take a lead post his 1st innings score of 442.

Moderators of the game-pls note the ABUSIVE language. You may also note, I have no contribution towards the chat.

The above user clearly is playing mind games, trying to throw of the opposition off his game, from either disconnecting the game to avoid mental harrasment or enter a verbal abusive chat, damaging the credentials of both parties.

P.S: Also the user takes 8 minutes to have a shit (that's a minimum of 16 minutes of no game activity) Please note. lol

It was a good game of test cricket but for the un-necessary banter. I've nothing to complain, 3 centuries and 1 half century from my batsmen and a drawn test result. I am not complaining at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	q2.png
Views:	376
Size:	474.6 KB
ID:	77324Click image for larger version

Name:	q.png
Views:	360
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	77325Click image for larger version

Name:	q4.png
Views:	337
Size:	809.6 KB
ID:	77326Click image for larger version

Name:	q3.png
Views:	337
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	77327

Leave a comment:

• saviopaes
    replied
    Originally posted by josbuttlerfan View Post
    Everyone should avoid playing this guy (IF_U_R_BAD_I'M_UR_DAD) Firstly he's very slow and wasted an hour of my life playing an ODI only for him then start calling me a cheat... apparently I make the screen black out and then a wicket goes, what BS. He's Bangladesh season 1 and I have a very strong team is it that surprising he's losing to me. I told him to report me to the admins rather than having this pointless conversation, they can check all my logs or whatever I have nothing to hide. Is hacking the game and blacking out someones screen to take a wicket even a thing and would I really doing it when he's 7 wickets down chasing 360. Oh and then of course he disconnects to really top off a fun hour, cheers mate!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	prick.png
Views:	401
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	77310
    I always wanted to know who would be the person (rather wihich country) behind this team name. So Bangladesh it is. An hour for an ODI is simply ridiculous, didn't you opt for wickets only highlights?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X